Fix: Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility For Chromebook
Epson has not yet launched the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility for Chromebook. However, you can download it on your Windows or Mac computer. If you are using a Chromebook laptop and wish to set up your Epson printer, go through the steps given below.
- Ensure that your Epson printer is turned on.
- Check if you have completed the basic printer setup.
- Verify if your Chromebook is connected to the Internet.
- Make sure that your Chromebook is updated to the latest version.
Connecting your printer and Chromebook laptop:
- To begin with, connect your printer and laptop via a USB cable.
- You can also connect the devices over a wireless network.
- Once the connection is made, click the notifications area on the Chromebook shelf.
- Click the Settings icon and open the Chrome browser settings page.
- Scroll down the Settings page and click the Advanced tab.
- Click on Printers in the Printing section.
- Click Save or Setup next to your printer’s name.
- In the Advanced printer configuration window, select Epson below Manufacturer.
- Under Model, choose your Epson printer model number.
- Click Add and wait until the printer is added to your Chromebook laptop.
- To verify the printer setup, print a test page.
You have now seen how to set up your Epson printer even if the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility is not available for Chromebook. In case you wish to set up your printer using the utility on your Windows computer, continue reading the instructions below.
- On your Windows computer, download the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility for your Epson printer from the official Epson site.
- Connect your printer and computer over a wireless network.
- Run the downloaded utility on your computer.
- Click Next after accepting the license agreements.
- Click Install –> Finish.
- Choose your Epson printer name from the available list and click Next.
- Choose the Printer Registration option and click Next.
- Select Agree and click OK when you see the Register a printer to Epson Connect message.
- If you are going to create a new account, fill the Create an Epson Connect Account form and click Finish.
- If you are registering your printer with an existing account, select the option I already have an account. Fill the Add a new printer form and click Add.
- Click Close and then activate the Scan to Cloud and Remote Print services to complete the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility installation.