Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Setup
Epson Stylus DX 3850 seup is a multifunctional printer that comes with a flat-bed scanner. This printer supports color printing and so you can easily print colorful images of photos and envelopes.
- Unpack your printer first and then take out the printer supplies from the product box.
- Remove the protective tapes from the printer.
- Next, connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord and turn on the printer.
- Lift/open the scanner unit and wait until the ink carriage/holder moves to an idle position.
- Shake the ink cartridges before unpacking them.
- Take out the ink cartridges from the package and remove the protective tapes from them.
- Install each ink cartridge into the correct slots and close the scanner unit.
- Press the Ink button to start ink charging.
- Wait for at least 2 minutes and start loading the paper into the sheet feeder.
- Finally, install the printer software on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM and verify the printer functionality.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Driver Download
You can download the Epson Stylus DX-3850 printer’s driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. However, you can also download it from the official Epson site. Make sure to select the correct OS version from the drop-down menu before choosing your printer driver on the official Epson site.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Setup Manual Download
You can download the Epson Stylus DX-3850 printer’s manual by clicking the Manual Download button available on this page. However, you can also download it from the official Epson site. Make sure to choose the correct language before downloading the manual from the official Epson site. The manual will open as a PDF in a new browser tab. You have to locate and click the Download icon in the PDF to download the manual.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Driver Install
- You can install the printer driver using the supplied CD-ROM.
- Insert the installation CD-ROM into your computer’s CD/DVD drive and open the setup file to run the driver installation wizard.
- If your computer doesn’t support the CD-ROM, download the printer driver from the official Epson site. Double-click the downloaded file to run the driver installation wizard.
- Agree to the EULA and follow the on-screen prompts to establish the connection between your printer and the computer.
- Carry out the rest of the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation.
How To Change Ink On Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Printer?
- The ink cartridges have to be replaced when the Ink button is blinking.
- Make sure that the Ink light is on and not flashing.
- Close the document cover if opened and lift the scanner unit.
- Next, press the Ink button on the printer’s control panel and wait until the ink cartridge moves to an idle position.
- Lift the ink cartridge cover and remove the expended ink cartridges from the ink holder.
- Gently shake the new ink cartridges before unpacking them.
- Make sure to remove the protective seals from the ink cartridges before installing them into the printer.
- Install the new ink cartridges into the ink holder and close the ink cartridge cover.
- Finally, close the scanner unit and press the Ink button.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Wireless Setup
The Epson Stylus DX-3850 printer does not support wireless connectivity and so you cannot connect any wireless device using WPS or Wi-Fi Direct with this printer. However, you can set up your printer as a shared printer and can access it from a computer over the same network.
- First, connect your printer to your Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- Click the Start menu and select the Control Panel tab to launch the Control Panel app.
- Double-click the Printers and Faxes tab in the Control Panel window and give a right-click on your printer’s icon to select the Sharing option.
- Select the Share this printer option and give your printer a name to be accessed on a network.
- Click OK and then close the Properties window.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Print Head Replacement
- Turn on your printer first and open the scanner unit.
- Next, press the Ink button to move the ink carriage to an idle position.
- Next, unplug the printer’s power cord with the printer turned on. Doing so will turn off your printer.
- Open the ink cartridge cover and remove all the ink cartridges from the ink carriage.
- Take out the printer’s top cover if necessary.
- Move the ink carriage to the left after removing the ink cartridges.
- Remove the side panel and disconnect the white cables.
- Unscrew the latch to take out the slot without touching the copper-colored parts.
- Unplug the white cable from the print head and unpack the new print head.
- Insert the white cable into the new print head and mount it into the printer. Screw it and fix the latch.
- Fix the ink cartridge slot and connect the flat-white cables.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges and close the top cover.
- Turn on your printer and start initializing your ink cartridges.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Clean Print Heads
Using the Head Cleaning utility for Windows:
- Before starting, make sure that your printer is turned on and connected properly to your computer.
- Verify that the ink light is turned off on the printer’s control panel.
- Load some legal plain paper into the sheet feeder and access the printer settings on your Windows computer.
- Click the Maintenance tab and select Head Cleaning.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and print a nozzle check pattern to determine the ink quality.
- If you find the print quality was poor, clean the print head again.
How To Connect Epson Stylus Dx-3850 To Computer?
- You can connect your Epson Stylus DX-3850 printer to a computer using a USB cable.
- It is suggested not to connect your printer to your computer until prompted during the driver installation.
- Use only the standard USB cable to establish the connection between your printer and the computer.
- This printer doesn’t support any wireless connectivity, but you can set up your printer as a shared printer on your local network.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Firmware Update
Using the Epson Software Updater utility:
- Turn on your Epson Stylus DX 3850 printer and connect it to your Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- Install the Epson Software Updater utility on your computer and launch it after completing the installation.
- Choose your printer’s model number from the drop-down menu in the Epson Software Updater window.
- Select the Firmware Updater checkbox and click the Install item(s) button.
- If the User Account Control window pops-up, click the Yes button.
- Select Agree and click OK in the Epson EULA window.
- In the Epson Firmware Updater window, click Start to begin the firmware update.
- Once your printer’s firmware has been updated, click Finish > OK.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Firmware Downgrade
- Before starting, remove all the ink cartridges from your Epson Stylus DX-3850 printer.
- If applicable, put your printer in recovery mode.
- Connect your printer to your computer using a USB cable.
- Download the older firmware for your printer’s model from the browser.
- Launch the downloaded installer and click Next.
- Choose your printer’s model number from the drop-down menu and click Start to begin downgrading your printer’s firmware.
- Click OK after completing the firmware downgrade process and unplug the USB cable from the computer.
- Restart your printer and insert the ink cartridges back into the printer to begin the ink initialization.
- You have now successfully downgraded your printer’s firmware.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Setup Troubleshooting
Is your Epson Stylus DX-3850 printer malfunctioning frequently? Several factors might be causing issues with your printer. You have to troubleshoot the printer issues to continue printing with your printer. Some common printer problems are due to incomplete installation and improper maintenance of the printer. If you face any difficulties while troubleshooting your printer, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Offline
- When you see the Printer Status Offline message on your Windows computer, check if your printer has been turned on first and then verify the USB or Wi-Fi connection.
- On your computer, launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type ‘control’ in the Run dialog box and click OK to launch the Control Panel app.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab in the Control Panel window.
- Right-click your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel all the pending print jobs from the print queue and click the Printer tab.
- Deselect the Use Printer Offline option to bring your printer back online.
- If you have not yet added your printer as the default printing source on your computer, right-click the printer icon and select the Set As Default Printer option.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Paper Jam
- To resolve the paper jam error, restart your printer or press the Start Color button to eject the jammed paper.
- Visually inspect the printer for any jammed paper if your printer still indicates the error.
- If the paper has been stuck near the sheet feeder, pull it out gently.
- If you find any paper is jammed inside the printer, turn off your printer first and then open the scanner unit.
- Remove the torn paper pieces or jammed paper from the printer without damaging the internal parts.
- Close the scanner unit and turn on your printer.
- Press the Start Color button and load some plain paper properly into the sheet feeder after fanning them.
- This will fix the paper jam error on your Epson printer.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Not Printing
- If your Epson printer fails to print any documents, check if the printer has been turned on.
- If all the lights on your printer have been turned off, turn off your printer and securely plug the power cord into your printer and the wall outlet.
- Verify that you have connected your printer and the computer using a standard USB cable.
- Turn on your printer and print a nozzle check pattern to determine whether you can print without your computer.
- If you can print the nozzle check pattern, navigate to your Windows computer and open the print application.
- In the Print dialog box, check if your printer’s name has been selected.
- Click the Properties button and verify the print settings.
- After ensuring that all the print settings in the Printer Properties window are correct, cancel all the pending print jobs and try printing a test page to check if you can print your document.
- If the problem persists, remove and reinstall the printer software.
Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Does Not Recognize Ink Cartridge
- First, make sure that you have properly seated the ink cartridges into the ink holder.
- Ensure that there is no packing material inside your printer.
- Also, check whether you have removed the protective seals or tapes from the ink cartridges.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges into the ink carriage and close the scanner unit.
- Restart your printer and run a printer operation check.
- If the printer prints the check page, check the printer software installed on the connected computer.
- If necessary, clean the print head to fix the clogged print head nozzles.
How To Clean Epson Stylus Dx-3850 Printer?
- To begin cleaning your Epson DX-3850 printer, turn it off and then unplug the power cord.
- Remove any paper loaded into the sheet feeder.
- Take a soft brush and clean the sheet feeder carefully to remove all the dirt.
- If the inner case of the sheet feeder is dirty, clean it with a lint-free cloth.
- Also, clean the scanner glass and dust spots on your printer.
- If your printer’s inside area gets soiled accidentally with ink, use a damp cloth to wipe the ink off the area.
- Avoid using alcohol or other lubricants to clean your printer.
Epson Stylus Dx 3850 Reset
Using the Epson Adjustment program to reset the waste counter:
- Verify that your printer and computer are turned on and connected via USB cable.
- Install the Epson Adjustment program on your computer and launch it.
- Click Accept in the Adjustment Program window after reading the EULA.
- Choose your printer’s model number from the Model Name drop-down menu.
- Fill the Destination and Housing State fields and then click OK.
- Select the Waste ink pad counter option under the Maintenance section.
- Click OK and then click Check.
- Select the Main pad counter checkbox and click the Read button.
- Click Initialization and select OK to confirm your action.
- Exit from the Epson Adjustment program, and now you have successfully restored the ink pad counter on your Epson Stylus DX-3850 printer.
We hope this web page has taught you Epson Stylus Dx 3850 Setup. For further assistance, reach our technical experts. We are just one call away. We ensure a quick response.