Epson Ecotank Photo Et 8550 Setup
Epson EcoTank Photo ET 8550 is an All-in-One, wide-format supertank printer that is capable of printing excellent photos and other HD images from snapshot size to super tabloid with low running cost. The scanner in ET 8550 is a simple flatbed type with no automatic document feeder (ADF). The scanner is intended for archiving and reprinting individual works and is not meant for business purposes.
As for paper handling, Epson ET 8550 can hold up to 120 sheets inside the main paper tray. You can utilize the 4.3-inch color touch screen control panel or the Epson Smart panel application to operate the ET 8550 printer. Ending the introductory part, let us jump straight away to the Epson EcoTank Photo ET 8550 set up in the upcoming sections.
EPSON ECOTANK PHOTO ET 8550 UNBOXING AND INITIAL SETUP
- Unbox the printer and its other accessories.
- Remove all the protective materials.
- Connect the power cord between the Epson printer and an electric outlet.
- Firmly press the power button to turn on the printer.
- Use the control panel to select the language, region, date, and time.
- If needed, you can tweak the settings according to your choice.
LOADING OF PAPER:
- Prepare a stack of paper.
- Align the edges of the paper.
- Gently open the front cover and extend the paper support.
- Slide the paper guides all the way out.
- Load the paper in a way that the print side is facing down.
- Close the paper tray.
- Take out the ink bottles and remove the protective materials.
- Make sure that the Epson machine is turned on during the entire ink cartridge installation.
- Close the document cover if it is open.
- Open the scanner unit until it locks.
- Gently open the ink tank cover.
- Open the cap of the ink tank.
- Check the display to find out the ink levels.
- Insert the ink bottles into their respective slots and fill the tanks.
- When you have finished filling the ink tanks, close the ink tank cap as well as the ink tank cover.
- Finally, close the scanner unit.
- Press the Menu button and choose the Setup Menu.
- Select the Estimated ink levels option to know the ink cartridges level.
Once the unboxing and initial setup are over, you need to download and install the printer drivers on your PC to enjoy all the printer functions.
EPSON ET 8550 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
Printer drivers are an essential tool to establish reliable communication between the printer and your PC. Follow the below steps for a successful printer driver download on your PC.
- Turn on your computer and connect it to a stable network.
- Open your default web browser and land on the official printer driver download page.
- Enter the printer’s model number and hit Search.
- Click on your printer’s name (Epson ET 8550) to open the driver download page.
- Scroll down the page and click on Downloads.
- Choose your PC’s Operating System from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Drivers option (+ icon).
- Now you will be able to see a lot of printer drivers that are available for your PC’s Operating System.
- Click the Download button to initiate the driver download process.
- The download will take some time, which totally depends on your network speed.
- Once the download is over, you can carry on with the driver installation steps.
- To guide you with the driver installation, we have mentioned the steps in the below segment.
EPSON ET 8550 DRIVER INSTALL
- First, locate the downloaded setup file on your PC.
- Double-click on itto begin the installation process.
- It will start extracting all your files.
- Click OK when done.
- Choose the language and click OK.
- Go through the License Agreement carefully and click Agree.
- Make sure that the Epson printer is turned on and is connected to your PC via a USB cable.
- On successful installation, you can see a small dialog box showing Printer driver installation and port configuration were completed successfully.
- In the same way, you can install the scanner driver for your Epson ET 8550 printer.
EPSON ET 8550 PHOTO PRINT SETUP
- Pull the paper tray out and lift the cover.
- Insert the photo paper facing down into the paper tray.
- Make sure that the paper is flat with no blunt edges.
- Adjust the paper guides to fit the edges of your photo paper.
- Ensure that you have put a memory card or USB Flash memory drive in the proper slot.
- Go to your computer and locate the photos that you want to print.
- Right-click on the image and select Print to open a photo printing wizard.
- Select the Epson EcoTank ET 8550 printer from the printer list.
- Adjust the quality as per your choice.
- Select the number of copies and click the Print button.
EPSON ET 8550 SCAN SETUP
- Open the scanner lid.
- Place the document facing the scanner glass.
- Make use of the scanner markings to keep the document correctly.
- Close the scanner lid.
- From the printer’s control panel, tap on the Scan option.
- If your Epson ET 8550 printer is connected over a network, swipe up or down to view the computer where you want to send the scanned document.
- If your display screen prompts you to enter the PIN, use the LCD screen to enter the PIN.
- Suppose you want to scan both sides of the document, then press 2 – sided scans.
- Select the relevant scan settings and press OK.
- Finally, press Start so that the printer starts sending the scanned copy to the desired network device.
To scan a document from your PC, you can use the Epson Scan Smart application.
EPSON ET 8550 COPY SETUP
- Place your original document on the scanner glass.
- If necessary, press the Home button.
- Select the Copy tab, and then select B&W or color.
- Select the number of copies.
- In case you want to copy a 2-sided document, choose the 1-2 sided option.
- Specify the original orientation and binding margin and choose OK.
- If necessary, choose Advanced Settings to view and change additional copy settings.
- When you are ready, select the Copy icon.
EPSON ET 8550 USB SETUP
- Before going to the USB setup, make sure that the printer is turned off.
- Couple one end of the USB cable to the Epson printer and the other end to the computer’s USB port.
- Once connected, turn on the printer.
- Now go to the Control Panel window.
- Select Devices and printers.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- If your computer is able to detect the Epson ET 8550 printer, then click on the printer name.
- If desired, check Set as default printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the USB setup.
- Finally, print a test page to check if the printer is working fine without any issues.
EPSON ET 8550 WIRELESS SETUP
During the product development, Epson has made sure that ET 8550 can be connected to several devices. Its interfaces include USB 2.0, Ethernet connection, Wi-Fi Direct, and Wi-Fi 802.11b/g. Apart from this, it can print and scan documents from SD cards and USB thumb drives.
Follow the below steps on your Windows computer:
- Initially, download the Epson printer drivers from the printer’s support page.
- Once you have downloaded the printer drivers on your PC, begin the installation.
- On the installation screen that appears, go to the Setup section.
- Choose the Connect via wireless network (Wi-Fi) radio button.
- After a few seconds, the installer will detect your wireless settings.
Steps to be followed on your Epson printer:
- Turn on your printer.
- Press the Home button.
- Go to the Wi-Fi Setup menu.
- Tap on Start Setup.
- Select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and press the OK button.
- Choose your network name from the list.
- Enter your network’s password using the on-screen keyboard and press OK.
- Once done, tap Start Setup.
- After few seconds, your printer will be connected to Wi-Fi successfully.
Follow the rest of the instructions on your computer screen to complete the wireless setup.
EPSON ET 8550 TROUBLESHOOTING
Troubleshooting is something we all should be aware of. If we know the troubleshooting steps, only then we can handle the printer in any situation. In the below segments, we have listed two of the common issues that most of the users face with their printers (Not printing, printer offline).
EPSON ET 8550 IS NOT PRINTING
Set your Epson ET 8550 printer as a default one:
- Open the Control Panel window on your Windows computer that is connected to the printer.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Locate your Epson printer, right-click on it, and choose Set as default printer from the drop-down menu.
- Now, check whether your Epson ET 8550 printer is able to print correctly.
Cancel All documents:
- Go to the Control Panel window and locate your Epson printer.
- Right-click on the printer’s name and then follow these options: See what’s printing > Printer > Cancel All Documents.
- If you find that the Cancel All Document option is gray out, then click on the Open as Administrator option.
- Enter the password and click Yes.
- Now you will see that the Cancel All Document option is responsive.
Fix the outdated drivers:
- Go to the search box on your computer, type Control Panel, and hit Enter.
- Open Control Panel from the search result.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Look for Printer or Printer Queues and expand it.
- Right-click on your Epson printer, then click Update Drivers from the drop-down menu.
- Now click the option Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to update the drivers.
- However, as an extra step, you can update your Windows computer as well.
- Click on Check for updates and install the latest software update available for your PC.
- Once done, restart your computer and the printer.
EPSON ET 8550 PRINTER OFFLINE
Have a look at the overall printer connections:
- Check the power cord connections.
- Disconnect and reconnect the power cable at both ends.
- Press the power button to turn on the printer.
- If you have connected the printer to your computer using a USB cable, then ensure that the cable is not damaged.
- If you are using a USB Hub to connect the printer, then try to connect directly.
- However, you can insert the USB cable into another port of your computer.
- Sometimes, due to a faulty USB port, you may face the offline printer issue.
- If you use an Ethernet cable, make sure that the cable is connected to the printer and access point.
Have a look at the wireless connections:
If you have connected the printer wirelessly, then checking the wireless connection is one of the best troubleshooting methods one needs to follow.
- Try to reboot your computer.
- If your router is unable to communicate, then power reset the router.
- First, disconnect the power from your router.
- Wait for a few seconds and then reconnect again.
- Ensure that there is minimum to no interference between the router and the network devices (Computer, Printer).
- Once proper connections are made, see whether the printer and router are able to communicate with each other.
- If yes, then the printer offline issue should be solved.
Restart the print spooler service on your PC:
- Press the Windows and R keys at the same time to open the Run box.
- Type Services.msc and press Enter.
- Click Print Spooler and click Restart the service.
- Now check whether your printer is able to perform all the printing jobs effectively.
We hope that the above guide would have helped you a lot in the Epson Ecotank Photo Et 8550 Setup. If you have any doubts, you can call our technicians to clear all your doubts.