Notice: Undefined index: dir in /www/wwwroot/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson Ecotank Pro Et-5880
Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 Setup
Epson Eco Tank Pro ET-5880 is an all-in-one, cartridge-free printer with large ink tanks. It supports wireless printing and uses the PrecisionCore Heat-free printing technology. Continue reading to know about the Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 setup
Step-1: Unpack the Printer
- Unbox the printer carton and look for the printer accessories in the box.
- Keep the power cord, ink bottles, instruction manuals, and installation CD aside for later use.
- Now, remove all the packaging tapes and protective materials from the printer, raise the scanner unit, and remove the protective tapes and covers from inside.
Step-2: Fill the Ink Tanks
- Open the ink tank cover from the left end of the printer’s front end and then open the ink tank cap.
- Take out the ink bottle from the package and turn the cap to open it.
- Now, insert the bottle outlet into the ink tank filling port and slowly move the bottle upright.
- See that you do not squeeze the bottle. Wait until the ink tank is full.
- After filling the tank, remove the ink bottle from the filling port and close the bottle with the cap.
- Close the ink tank lid and continue filling the other tanks.
- Finally, close the ink tank cover.
Step-3: Power Connection
- Use the power cord provided during the printer purchase to connect the printer to the power supply.
- When the printer turns on, set the language, country/region, date, and time.
- Following that, the “Start Here” message will appear on the screen. Now, press and hold OK for 5 seconds until the confirmation message appears on the screen.
- Tap Proceed followed by Start to charge the ink.
- Wait for the printer to complete ink charging.
- Once ink charging is done, the completion message will appear on the display panel.
- Press Close to exit the screen and proceed with the setup.
Step-4: Feed Paper
- Draw out the paper cassette from the printer and move the paper guides to the ends.
- Neatly arrange a stack of paper with the print side facing down and place it against the cassette’s front edge.
- Make sure the paper level is below the maximum paper limit.
- Shift the paper guides to the paper edges and make sure you do not damage the paper.
- Next, insert the cassette into the printer carefully and then change the paper settings on the control panel.
Step-5: Fax Connection
- Take the telephone line cord from the telephone wall jack and connect it to the LINE port on the printer.
- If you want to continue to Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 setup the fax settings, press Proceed on the printer. Otherwise, tap Close.
Step-6: Install Software
- Now, go to your computer and install the printer software on it.
- Choose the connection type in the installation wizard and connect the printer to the computer.
- Once done, print a test page from the computer.
Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 Driver Download
The printer driver is provided on the installation CD that is given along with the printer. In case you lost the CD, you can download the printer driver using the below steps.
- Launch a web browser on your computer and visit the official Epson website.
- Search for the printer model ‘Epson Eco Tank Pro ET-5880’ using the search bar and select the appropriate result to access the printer’s support page.
- Click the Download tab to expand and choose the appropriate operating system of your computer from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Download button of the driver you want to download.
- It is recommended to download ‘Driver and Utilities Combo Package Installer.’
- Once the download is done, save the installer file on your computer and install it.
Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 Manual Download
The user manual booklets are given along with the printer during the initial purchase and you can also download the softcopy of the Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 setup manuals from the Epson website.
- Open a browser, enter the official Epson website URL, and press Enter.
- On the Epson page, find the printer model and click it to access its support page.
- Select the Manuals and Warranty tab and then click the PDF link of the manual you want to download.
- Save the PDF document on your system.
- The user manual is also available in HTML format.
Install Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 Driver Software
- Either download the printer driver or insert the installation CD into the computer.
- Double-click the driver installer file and the printer setup window will open up.
- Under Software Selection, select the software you want to install and click Install.
- The progress status can be seen on the screen. Once the installation is done, select the suitable connection method.
- Follow the instructions to complete the Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 setup connection.
Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 Wireless Setup
The below steps help you to set up the wireless connection of the Epson printer.
- Turn on your router’s Wi-Fi network, connect your computer to it, and note down the Wi-Fi network name & password.
- Keep the printer turned on during the entire process and continue with the below steps.
- Run the driver installer file, select the software you wish to install, and click the Install button.
- On the next screen, choose Wireless connection as the connection method and click Next.
- If you are installing a new printer, click ‘Set up printer for the first time’ or choose the other option and click Continue.
- Under Wi-Fi Connect, select Yes (Recommended) to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network automatically.
- The setup wizard will complete the wireless setup.
- In case the installer couldn’t detect the Wi-Fi network, select Using control panel as the wireless setup method.
- Click Next on the next screen and move to the printer.
- On the Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 setup’s display panel, tap the Wi-Fi connection icon and choose Router under Network Connection Settings.
- Tap the Start Setup button and select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard from the given options.
- Once the printer detects the Wi-Fi network, the network name will appear on the screen. Select the network name and enter its password to connect to it.
- If the printer is not able to find the network, tap Enter Manually, type the network name & password, and tap OK.
- Again, select Start Setup and complete the setup by following the guided instructions on the computer.
Epson Ecotank Pro Et-5880 Print Setup
Before you start printing, you need to do Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 setup by following the below steps.
- See that the printer driver is installed on the computer to control the printer.
- Connect the printer and the computer to the same network via wired or wireless medium.
- Load the paper and check the ink levels in the printer.
- Open the document on the computer and click the Print icon or choose File > Print.
- When the printer properties window opens up, in the Main panel, select the Paper Source and choose the paper fed or Auto Select.
- Set the Document Size, Orientation, Paper Type, Color, 2-Sided Printing, and enter the number of copies you want to print in the Copies field.
- When all the necessary print settings are done, tick the checkbox beside Print Preview to preview the print document and then click the OK button to start printing.
Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 Scanner Driver Download
You need to install the scanner driver on your computer if you want to perform the scan operation. The scanner driver is available on the Epson website. Read the below steps to download it.
- Visit the official Epson website from a browser and find the printer model.
- Click the Downloads tab, select the Operating System drop-down menu, and choose the suitable OS.
- Next, click Drivers to expand it and then select the Download button near Scanner Driver and Epson Scan 2 Utility to download the scan driver.
- Install the scan driver on the computer.
Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 Setup Troubleshooting
The common printer problems are network connection failure, paper jam, paper feed errors, poor print quality, etc. When your printer has an issue, the relevant error message appears on the printer screen. Check it and try to resolve the error referring to the user manuals. If you are finding it difficult to fix the error, contact our technical team for more support.
Epson ET-5880 Offline Solution
- Verify if the Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 setup is connected to the network. Secure the network cable ends for a stable network connection. If it is a wireless network, make sure that you enter the valid network password.
- If you are a Windows user, open the Settings or Control Panel window on your computer and select Printers and Devices. On the next screen, right-click the Epson printer name and select ‘See what’s printing.’
- In the dialog box that opens, click the Printer menu and see if ‘Use Printer Offline’ is enabled. Disable it to bring the printer back online.
- Turn off the printer and disconnect the printer connections. After some time, reconnect it to the power source, turn it on, and see if the printer status shows online.
Epson Ecotank Pro Et-5880 Paper Jam
When a paper jam occurs in the printer, the error message is displayed on the screen. Follow the guided instruction to locate where the paper jam has occurred.
- Take out the paper cassette and find the stuck paper.
- Use both the hands to slowly pull the paper and see that you do not tear the paper.
- Remove all paper fragments from the inside and then replace the Epson Ecotank Pro ET-5880 setup paper cassette.