Notice: Undefined index: dir in /home/printers/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson ET-2550 Setup
Epson ET-2550 is an all-in-one cartridge-free printer suitable for home use. It supports wireless printing and is supplied with ink in refillable bottles that can print up to 4,000 pages. Read the below procedure to learn the Epson ET-2550 setup process.
- Unpack the carton and take out the Epson printer.
- Take out the other printer accessories such as power cord, ink bottles, installation CD, and user manual.
- Remove all the packaging tapes and protective materials from the printer.
- Without touching the white cables, open the scanner unit and remove the protective materials from inside.
- Close the scanner unit.
Step-2: Fill the ink tanks
- Open the ink tank unit cover and then unpack the ink bottle.
- Break the bottle tip, turn the bottle cap, and unseal the bottle.
- Insert the bottle nozzle into the respective ink tank inlet and fill the ink tank.
- Seal the bottle and close it using the bottle cap.
- Next, fill the other ink tanks in a similar way.
- Close the ink tank unit cover.
- Connect the power cable to the printer’s AC inlet and the other end to a wall outlet.
- Lift the control panel and press the power button to turn on the printer.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set the language and other basic settings.
- When the message prompting to see the setup manual appears, hold the OK button for 3 seconds.
- Now, press the Start button to begin the ink charging and wait until the Power button stops flashing.
Step-3: Feed paper
- Open the feeder guard forward, extend the paper support and slightly push it back.
- Move the edge guide to the left end.
- Arrange the paper in a stack with the printable side facing you (outwards).
- Place the paper into the paper feed slot such that the short edge goes first against the right end.
- Adjust the paper guide to the paper edge and make sure it is not too tight.
- Flip the feeder guard to the original position.
- Draw out the output tray and unfold the paper stopper.
- Set the paper settings on the control panel.
Step-4: Install the printer software
- Once you complete the Epson ET-2550 setup, install the printer software on your computer.
- The printer software enables you to control and manage the printer from your computer.
Epson ET-2550 Driver Download
- The printer driver is available on the installation CD. Yet, you can download it from this page.
- Otherwise, launch a web browser and go to the official Epson website.
- On the printer’s support page, click the Downloads tab and choose the operating system from the drop-down list.
- Select the Download button of the required driver.
- Save the driver file on the computer.
Epson ET-2550 Manual Download
- Like the printer driver, the user manual is also available on the official Epson website.
- Visit the Epson support page from a browser.
- Under Manuals and Warranty, click the PDF link of the manual you are about to download.
- The user manual is also available in the HTML format.
- After downloading the Epson ET-2550 setup manual, save the PDF document on the computer.
Epson ET-2550 Wireless Setup
- Turn on the wireless router and connect your computer to it.
- Write down the Wi-Fi network name and password for reference.
- Either you have to download the Epson printer driver or insert the installation CD into the computer.
- Run the printer setup file to start the process.
- The setup wizard window will open on the screen.
- Read the license agreement and accept the terms & policies.
- Under Software Selection, choose the software you want to install and click Install.
- Select the installation type. If you choose Custom Install, select the drivers & utilities and click the Install button.
- Wait until the installation is complete.
- If the Epson ET-2550 setup does not detect the Wi-Fi network, you have manually set up the connection.
- Select Wireless connection as the connection method.
- Choose a setup option and click Next.
- Following that, select Using printer buttons and go to the printer.
- Press the Home button on the control panel.
- Select Wi-Fi Setup > Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- From the list of networks, select your Wi-Fi network SSID or name and enter the password.
- Once the connection setup is done, follow the guided instructions on the computer to complete the setup.
Epson ET-2550 Scanner Driver Download
- You need to install the scanner driver on your computer to scan a document.
- On the official Epson support website, find the printer model and go to its page.
- Select Downloads, then choose the operating system and find the scanner driver.
- Click the scanner driver’s Download button.
- Once the driver download is complete, install it on the computer.
Epson ET-2550 Scanning Multiple Pages
- After installing the scanner driver on your computer, connect the computer to the Epson ET-2550 setup.
- Load the document on the scanner glass.
- Launch the scanning program on the computer and set the Mode to Office Mode.
- Configure the relevant scan settings.
- Preview the scan document and click Scan.
- In the File Save Settings window, select PDF as the Type.
- On the next dialog box, click Add page to scan more documents.
- Once you complete scanning, select Edit page and organize the pages if needed.
- Finally, click Save File and close the window.
Epson Et-2550 Scan To Computer
- Make sure to install the scanner driver and connect the scanner & computer to the same network.
- Place the document on the scanner glass and close the document cover.
- On the printer’s home screen, select Scan and press OK.
- From the different scan options, choose To Computer (JPEG) or To Computer (PDF) depending on the document type.
- Select your printer name and press the Start button to begin scanning.
Epson ET-2550 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
When the printer faces a problem, the relevant error code appears on the screen. Refer to the user manual and learn the basic troubleshooting steps to fix the error. If you cannot fix the problem using the basic steps, contact our technical team for more support.
Fix: Epson ET-2550 Paper Jam Error
- On the computer, cancel or stop all the printing tasks.
- If the paper is stuck inside the rear paper feed slot, use both the hands to pull out the paper carefully.
- Close the document cover and open the scanner unit.
- Remove even the small fragments of paper inside the printer.
- Lower the scanner unit and check if the paper jam error is cleared.
Epson ET-2550 not Printing Solution
- Check the Epson ET-2550 setup’s network connection status and make sure the printer is connected to a wired or wireless network.
- Restart the Wi-Fi router to re-establish the network connection.
- Make sure the printer is not offline. If the printer is connected to a Windows computer, disable Use Printer Offline option under Devices and Printers.
- Try printing a test page to verify if the printer is working properly.
Guide: Epson ET-2550 not Printing Color
- Check if there is enough ink in the tank and refill it if the ink level is low.
- In the Printing Preferences window, deselect the Grayscale/Black option and try to print again.
- Perform the nozzle check and clean the Epson ET-2550 setup print head nozzles if necessary.
- Always use genuine Epson ink for printing.
- Try the Power Ink Flushing Utility to flush ink in the printer system, if you have not used it for a long time.
Fix: Epson ET-2550 Scanner not Working
- Verify if the scanner driver is installed. If you have updated the computer, then reinstall the scanner driver.
- Check if the scanner and the computer are connected to the same network.
- If the computer does not have enough memory space, then it is difficult to scan.
- Keep the scanner turned on during the entire process.
Guide: Epson ET-2550 Printer Head Cleaning
- You can perform the Epson ET-2550 setup print head cleaning to clear the clogged print head nozzles.
- Feed a few sheets in the rear paper feed slot.
- On the printer’s home screen, select Setup > Maintenance > Head Cleaning.
- Now, press the Start button to start the cleaning process.
- When the Power light stops flashing and stays solid, it indicates that the cleaning process has finished.
Solved: Epson ET-2550 Error Code 0xf1
- The error 0xF1 occurs on the Epson ET-2550 due to the internal and hardware problem of the printer.
- Open the printer’s scanner unit and check if the printer is jammed.
- Clean the printer’s inside and outside to make sure there is no dust accumulated.
- Turn off the printer and leave it for some time.
- Power up the printer and print a test page.
- Reinstall the printer driver on the computer and see if the error has been resolved.
- The malware on your computer can cause software failure. Scan the computer for malware and remove it. Again connect the Epson ET-2550 setup and check for the error code.