Notice: Undefined index: dir in /home/printers/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson ET-4550 Setup
Setting up an Epson printer is very simple and quick than you think. The Epson ET 4550 printer features an ADF, LCD screen, and refillable ink tanks. It supports Wi-Fi as well as Wi-Fi Direct, and so you can easily print from any wireless device. Most surprisingly, it works with Alexa, and so you can add voice control by combining your printer with an Alexa device. If you do Epson ET-4550 setup for the first time, follow the steps given below.
- Unpack your printer and take out the printer supplies.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Open the ink unit cover and unpack your ink bottles.
- Open the ink tank cap and load the correct ink bottle into the filling port.
- Do the same to fill the rest of the ink tanks and close the ink tank unit cover.
- Next, connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord and turn on the printer.
- Navigate to the control panel and set your preferences (language, region, date, and time).
- When the message to print the setup manual appears on the LCD screen, press the OK button and hold it for at least three seconds.
- Next, press the Start button to begin the ink charging process.
- Once the process is completed, start loading some plain paper into the paper input tray (paper cassette).
- Finally, install the printer software on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM and verify the printer functionality.
Epson ET-4550 Print Setup
- Before starting, ensure that you have completed the basic printer settings and installed the printer software on your computer.
- Verify the connection between your Epson ET-4550 setup and the computer. It is suggested to use only the standard USB cables to connect your devices.
- Turn on the printer and ensure that you have properly loaded some plain sheets into the paper tray.
- On your computer, open the print application and select the print command.
- Choose your printer’s name from the drop-down menu in the Print dialog box and click the Properties button.
- In the Printing Preferences window, click the Main tab and select your document size, quality, paper type, image format, and other required print settings that match your original document.
- Once you have made adjustments in the print settings, click OK to save them. You can print your document at any time when you are ready.
Epson ET-4550 Double Sided Printing
- To print a double-sided document using the Epson ET-4550 setup, open the print application on the connected computer and navigate to the Printing Preferences window.
- Click the Main tab and select any one of the following options from the 2-Sided Printing drop-down menu.
- Auto (Long-edge binding)
- Auto (Short-edge binding)
- Manual (Long-edge binding)
- Manual (Short-edge binding)
- Next, click the Settings button and choose the 2-sided printing options you wish to use.
- Once you have selected the required settings, click OK and adjust the Print Density.
- Finally, print a test document to verify the configured 2-sided printing setting.
Epson ET-4550 Print from iPhone
Using the Epson iPrint app:
- Download and install the Epson iPrint app from the App Store app on your iPhone.
- Connect your Epson ET-4550 setup and iPhone to the same wireless network.
- Launch the Epson iPrint app on your iPhone and tap the Printer is not selected. Tap here to select a printer button.
- Move to the Local tab and choose your printer from the displayed list.
- You can also manually add your printer using its IP address.
- Once you have added your printer to the Epson iPrint app, tap the Print Photos tile on the app’s home screen.
- To print your documents, tap the Print Documents tile.
- Select the photo/document that you want to print and tap Select to add more images or documents to your print job.
- Tap Next after selecting your photos or documents.
- To change the default print settings, tap the Settings icon.
- Once you are ready to print, tap the Print button to print from your iPhone to the printer.
Epson ET-4550 Airprint Setup
AirPrint is a unique printing feature for iOS devices to connect to Epson ET-4550 setup and print without installing any apps or software.
- Before printing your photos, documents, or webpages, connect your printer and iPhone to the same wireless network.
- On your iPhone, open the document you wish to print and tap the action icon.
- From the pop-up menu, tap the Print icon followed by Select Printer.
- Choose your Epson printer from the displayed list and tap the Print button.
- Now, the selected document on your iPhone will be printed by the Epson printer.
Epson ET-4550 Scanner Setup
- You can either scan using the Epson ET-4550 setup’s control panel or Epson Scan software based on your wish.
- To set up your scan on the printer’s control panel, place the original document on the scanner glass or into the ADF.
- Connect your computer to the printer and open the Epson Event Manager program.
- Choose your scanner from the Scanner drop-down menu and click on Make Job Settings.
- Choose the scan button settings from the Edit Job Settings pull-down menu.
- Modify them based on your requirements and click OK.
- Close the Event Manager program and scan your document using the printer’s control panel.
- Alternatively, you can set up your scanner to scan using the Epson Scan software.
Epson ET-4550 Scan to Computer
Using the Epson ET-4550 setup’s control panel:
- Ensure that you have correctly connected your printer to the computer.
- Load the original document into the ADF or place it on the scanner glass.
- Navigate to the control panel and select Scan.
- Press OK and choose the Computer option under the Scan to section. Doing so will save your scan as a JPEG file to your computer.
- Choose how you have connected your computer to the printer.
- Finally, press any one of the Start buttons to start your scan.
Steps: Epson ET-4550 Scan to Email
You cannot directly scan to email from your Epson ET-4550 setup’s control panel or using the Epson Scan software. Instead, you can scan your document using the Epson iPrint app on your smartphone and email it to your recipient. To do so, follow these steps.
- Install the Epson iPrint app on your smartphone.
- Connect your smartphone and computer over a wireless network.
- Next, place the original on the scanner glass or load it into the ADF.
- On your smartphone, launch the Epson iPrint app and tap the Scan tile.
- Tap the Settings icon to adjust the required scan settings.
- Tap Scan to view the scan preview.
- Once you have verified the scan preview, tap the Scan button again.
- To send an email of your scanned copy, tap the Mail icon and enter a file name.
- Choose the file type and tap the Mail button to send the email.
Epson ET-4550 Scan Software
Epson offers the Epson Scan software to scan your documents from the computer remotely. You can download it from the official Epson site. Before using the Epson Scan software, you have to set up the scan settings. Once you are done, you can proceed with scanning your documents using the Epson Scan software.
Epson ET-4550 Scan Multiple Pages
Using the Epson Scan software:
- Turn on the Epson ET-4550 setup scanner and your computer. Connect them using a standard USB cable.
- Next, load the original into the ADF.
- Launch the Epson Scan software and choose your scan mode.
- Choose the required scan settings and click the Scan button to open the File Save Settings window.
- Select PDF as the Type and check the Show Add Page dialog after scanning checkbox.
- Click OK to scan your original document.
- The Add Page Confirmation window will appear after scanning the first page of your original document.
- Click the Add Page button and place additional pages on the scanner glass or into the ADF for scanning.
- Once you have completed scanning all your documents, click the Save File button to save them as a PDF file.
Epson ET-4550 Scan Double Sided
Using the Epson Scan software:
- The procedure is the same as multiple-page scanning because the Epson ET-4550 setup scanner does not support Auto 2-sided scanning. However, you can do it manually.
- To begin with manual duplex scanning, you must load the original document into the ADF.
- Ensure that you have properly connected your printer and computer using a standard USB cable.
- Launch the Epson Scan software and choose your scan mode.
- Select ADF- Double-Sided as the Document Source and choose the required scan settings.
- Click Scan to open the File Save Settings window.
- Choose your scan Type and click OK to scan your first page.
- Once the scan is completed, click the Add Page button in the File Save Settings dialog box. Place the other side of the original document on the scanner glass or load it into the ADF.
- Once the other side of your document is scanned, click the Save File button to finish scanning your document.
Epson ET-4550 Copy Settings
- To copy your document using theEpson ET-4550 setup copier, place the original on the scanner glass or load it into the ADF.
- Next, load the paper you wish to print on.
- Turn on the printer and navigate to the control panel.
- Select the Copy option using the navigation keys and press OK.
- Choose the required number of copies and press OK to access the copy settings.
- If necessary, change the default copy settings and press any one of the Start buttons to copy your document.
Epson ET-4550 Double Sided Copying
- For double-sided copying, load your original document into the ADF.
- Ensure that you have correctly placed the paper into the paper input tray.
- Make sure to extend the paper output tray before starting the copy.
- Navigate to the Epson ET-4550 setup’s control panel and select the Copy option using the navigation keys.
- Choose the number of copies and press OK to display the additional settings.
- Choose the 2-sided option and press OK.
- After selecting the other copy settings, press any one of the Start buttons to copy your double-sided document.
Epson ET-4550 Setup Troubleshooting
Is your Epson ET 4550 printer malfunctioning frequently? Then troubleshoot the problem. You have to identify the cause before proceeding with any troubleshooting method. Some common printer problems are due to incomplete installation and improper maintenance of the printer. For remote assistance, click the Call button available on this page to contact our technical support team.
Fixed: Epson Et-4550 not Printing
- If your Epson ET-4550 setup fails to print any documents or photos, check for any errors on the LCD screen.
- If it shows any paper jam errors, check for any jammed paper inside your printer and gently clear them without damaging the internal parts.
- Restart your printer and ensure that you have loaded the paper input tray with printer-supported paper.
- On your computer, check if you have selected your printer’s name in the Print dialog box.
- If necessary, clear the print jobs stuck in the print queue and try printing again. Doing so will resolve the printing problems on your Epson printer.
Fix Epson Et-4550 not Printing Color
- If your printer fails to print color on the printouts, visually check the ink levels in the printer’s ink tank.
- If you are running low ink, refill the color ink tanks and reset the ink levels.
- Ensure that the Black/Grayscale or Grayscale setting is not selected in your printer software.
- Restart your Epson ET-4550 setup and check if the problem has been resolved.
- If the problem occurs even when the ink tank is full, run a print head nozzle check to check your print head for the clogged nozzle.
- When the print quality is poor, run the print head cleaning process.
- You can also run Power Ink Flushing when the print head cleaning does not satisfy your print quality.
Solved: Epson ET-4550 not Scanning
- Verify whether you have properly placed the original document on the scanner glass or loaded into the ADF.
- Next, check the communication between your printer and computer.
- Ensure that you are using the compatible scanning software on your computer.
- Verify whether you have selected the right scanner in the scanning software.
- If you have recently upgraded your OS but did not reinstall the Epson Scan software, reinstall it.
- If the problem remains unsolved, contact our technical support team.
Solved: Epson ET-4550 ADF not Working
- If the Epson ET-4550 setup ADF fails to work, check for any paper jammed inside it. To do so, turn off the printer first and then lift the ADF cover.
- If you detect any jammed paper, remove them gently and close the ADF cover.
- Ensure that you have selected the Office Mode or Professional Mode when scanning using the Epson Scan software.
- Also, check if the Auto Detect or ADF option is selected as the Document Source setting in the Epson Scan software.
- Do not force the sliding edges of the ADF when you have loaded the originals into it.
- Once you have done all the troubleshooting, check if the problem with your ADF has been resolved
Fixed: Epson Et-4550 Airprint not Working
- If you cannot print using the AirPrint feature, check the printer status. If it is turned off, press the Power button to turn it on.
- On your Mac, open the System Preferences window and click the Printers & Scanners icon.
- Choose your printer from the list and navigate to the option- Use: Secure print.
- Change it to your printer’s name instead of AirPrint.
- Try printing a test document from your Mac using the AirPrint feature to check if the problem has been resolved.
- If necessary, remove and re-add the printer on your Mac to fix the AirPrint problem.
Fixed: Epson ET-4550 won’t Copy
- Copying problems are common in the Epson copiers.
- Sometimes, users may choose the wrong document source. In such cases, you have to choose the correct copy settings to fix the copy problems.
- Ensure that you have placed the printer level.
- Run a nozzle check to check for clogged printhead nozzles.
- Besides, check if you have properly installed the Epson ET-4550 setup software on your computer (if you are copying remotely).