Notice: Undefined index: dir in /www/wwwroot/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson ET-5850 Setup
Epson ET-5850 is a perfect home-office printer. The printer comes with an Auto Document Feeder, touchscreen control panel, 500-sheet tray capacity, and supports Auto 2-sided printing. You can set it up quickly without much effort. The steps given below will help you with the Epson ET-5850 setup.
- Unpack the printer and take out the printer supplies.
- Remove the protective tapes from the printer.
- Open the ink tank cover and fill in the ink tanks using the supplies ink bottles. Do not force the ink to fill in the tanks.
- After filling the tanks, close the ink tank cover.
- Next, connect the printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Raise the printer’s touchscreen control panel and power up the printer.
- Configure the basic printer settings and tap the Close button to proceed with the initial setup.
- Once the ink charging is complete, load some plain paper into the paper input tray.
- If you wish to use the Epson ET-5850 setup’s fax function, connect the telephone line cord to the printer and configure the fax settings.
- Next, install the printer software using the software installation disc that came with the printer.
- After completing the driver installation, verify the printer functionality by printing a test page remotely from the computer to the printer.
- For mobile printing, download and install the Epson iPrint app.
Epson ET-5850 Driver Download
You can download the Epson ET-5850 printer driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. Otherwise, download it directly from the official Epson site. Make sure to download the full feature software when downloading from the official site. After completing the download, extract the downloaded installer file and run the driver installation process.
Epson ET-5850 Manual Download
You can download the Epson ET-5850 setup user guide by just clicking the Manual Download button available on this page.
- Otherwise, download it directly from the official Epson site.
- You can download the Start Here sheet, User’s Guide, Notices and Warranty, and Safety Data Sheets.
- The User’s Guide can be opened as an HTML or PDF file.
Epson ET-5850 Driver Install
- Before installing the printer driver on your computer, remove any previously installed Epson printer drivers.
- Do not connect the printer and the computer until prompted during the driver installation process.
- Install the printer driver using the software installation disc or downloaded the installer file.
- Agree to the EULA and select your connection type from the following options:
- Wireless connection
- Wired connection
- USB connection.
- Establish the connection between the Epson ET-5850 setup and the computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the driver is installed, you will get a confirmation message.
- Verify the printer functionality by printing/scanning a test document remotely from the computer to the printer.
Epson ET-5850 Wireless Setup
If you wish to set up your Epson ET-5850 printer on a wireless network using the printer’s control panel, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Make sure that you have completed the basic printer settings.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network to which you wish to connect the printer.
- Run the driver installation using the software installation disc or downloaded printer driver.
- Select your software and click the Install button.
- On the Software Selection screen, choose the Wireless connection option as your connection type.
- Next, select the Set up printer for the first time option.
- If the Wi-Fi Auto Connect screen appears, click the No radio button.
- Next, select the Using control panel option and navigate to the printer’s control panel.
- Press the Home button and the Network icon.
- Select the Router option as your connection method and tap on Start Setup.
- Select the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option and choose your wireless network name from the displayed list.
- Enter the network key and tap the Start Setup button.
- Wait for the printer to connect to the network.
- Once the connection is set up, the printer will display a confirmation message on the touchscreen panel.
- Return to the driver installation window and finish the setup.
Epson ET-5850 Scanner Setup
The Epson ET-5850 setup comes with a flatbed scanner and supports Auto 2-sided scanning. To set up the Epson ET-5850 scanner for easy scanning, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Unpack the scanner and remove the protective tapes and covers from both inside and outside of the machine.
- Configure the basic scan settings after powering up the scanner.
- Open the document cover and place the original document that you wish to scan on the scanner glass.
- For scanning multiple pages, load the original document into the scanner glass.
- Ensure that you have installed the Epson printer software on your computer.
- Connect the Epson ET-5850 scanner to your computer using a standard USB cable.
- On the printer’s touchscreen panel, press the Home button and select the Scan option.
- Select the scan destination and choose your scan settings.
- After verifying the scan settings, press the Send button to start scanning your original and send a scanned copy to the scan destination.
Epson ET-5880 Firmware Update
You can update the Epson ET-5850 setup’s firmware using the Epson Software Updater utility. You must have the Epson printer driver installed already on your Windows computer.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to use the Epson Software Updater utility.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu and type ‘Epson’ in the search panel.
- From the search result, select Epson Software followed by Epson Software Updater.
- Make sure that your Epson printer is turned on and connected properly to the computer.
- Once the utility launches, select your printer’s model number from the displayed list.
- Check the Firmware Updater checkbox and click the Install item(s) button.
- If the User Account Control window pops-up, click the Yes button to allow the app to make changes to your device.
- Next, select the Agree option and click OK.
- On the Firmware Updater screen, click the Start button.
- Once you have completed the firmware update, click the Finish button.
- When the confirmation message is displayed, click the OK button.
- Now, the firmware for your Epson printer has been updated successfully using the Epson Software Updater utility.
Epson ET-5850 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
Sometimes, your Epson ET-5850 printer might malfunction due to several factors. If your printer displays an error on the touchscreen panel, identify the cause and troubleshoot the problem. Some common printer issues like paper jam, printer status offline, scan issues, and wireless connection error can be fixed quickly.If you have difficulties in troubleshooting the printer issues, click the Call button available on this page to contact our technical support team for remote assistance.
Epson ET-5880 Paper Jam Solution
‘Paper Jam’ is a common error in printers that occurs when the paper is loaded improperly into the paper input tray. Sometimes, the ‘Paper Jam’ error may occur when the machine misfeeds or the paper loaded is not supported.
- To fix this error, check for the jammed paper inside the printer visually.
- Once you have detected the jammed paper, remove it firmly without damaging the printer’s internal parts.
- After removing the jammed paper, restart your printer and check if the error has been resolved.
- To avoid this error in the future, fan the paper well and align them in a stack before loading them into the paper tray.
- Also, load only the supported print media into the tray.
Epson ET-5880 Factory Reset
Resetting the Epson ET-5850 printer to factory defaults will delete all the configured settings. To factory reset your Epson printer from the printer’s touchscreen panel, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Make sure that your Epson ET-5850 setup is turned on.
- Disconnect the USB or Ethernet cable connected to the printer.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- On the touchscreen panel, select Settings followed by General Settings.
- Select the System Administration option and enter the administrator password, if necessary.
- Next, select the Restore Default Settings option and scroll down the page.
- Select the Clear All Data and Settings option.
- If prompted, select Yes to reset to factory defaults.