Notice: Undefined index: dir in /home/printers/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Guide: Epson ET-8700 Setup
The Epson ET-8700 printer uses the drop-on-demand inkjet technology to perform the print, scan, copy, and fax operations. The features of this printer are Borderless printing, automatic 2-sided printing, scan to computer/email, fax to email, and fax to folder. Inside the printer package, you can find the following components along with the Epson ET-8700 setup:
- 4 DURABrite Ultra pigment ink packs
- Power cord
- User Manual
Quick Steps to Set Up the Epson ET-8700 Printer
- Take the Epson printer and the other components present inside the product box.
- Make sure that the above-mentioned components are present inside the box.
- Now, clear all the packing tapes surrounding the printer.
- After clearing the packing materials, connect the power cord to the printer.
- Raise the control panel of the printer and press the ON button.
- Once the printer turns ON, set the basic printer configurations as per your desire.
- Now, open the ink pack tray cover of your printer.
- Make sure to remove the packing materials present in the ink pack tray.
- Press any one of the ink pack trays. Now, the tray that you pressed will be released.
- Make sure to remove the protective material present in the tray.
- Now, get the ink pack corresponding to the released ink tank.
- Shake the pack at least 10 times and unpack it.
- Now, gently place the ink pack in the tray.
- Once the pack has been placed properly, insert the tray into the printer.
- Similarly, insert all the other three ink packs into the printer.
- After inserting all the ink packs, the next step is to load paper in the paper cassette.
- Take the paper cassette completely out of your printer.
- Adjust the paper edge guides of your printer.
- Place a stack of plain white paper in the cassette.
- Slide the adjuster correctly and place the cassette back into the printer.
- If you wish to use this printer for the Fax operation, then connect the printer to a telephone wall jack using a phone cord and follow the on-screen instructions. If you don’t want to configure your printer for the Fax operation, skip this step.
- Now, the Epson ET-8700 setup has been completed and it is ready for software installation.
- On your computer, open the Epson ET-8700 printer driver and follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the software installation.
- Use the AirPrint (iOS), Epson Print Enabler (Google Play), Epson Connect, or Google Cloud Print apps to perform the print operation from your mobile device.
Epson ET-8700 Driver Download
- Locate and click the Driver Download button available on this screen.
- Now, based on your current OS type, the available Epson ET-8700 printer driver will be downloaded.
- Once the driver has been downloaded, open it and begin the driver installation.
Epson ET-8700 Manual Download
- Click the Manual Download button provided on this page.
- As soon as you click it, a soft copy of the Epson ET-8700 setup will be downloaded to your computer.
- You can also download the printer manual from the official Epson site.
Epson ET-8700 Driver Installation
- Open the Epson ET 8700 printer driver file on your computer.
- Accept the end-user license agreement.
- When prompted, select the software you want to install.
- Choose the desired connection type.
- Complete the driver installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, print a test page.
Epson ET-8700 Wireless Setup
You can scan using the Epson ET-8700 setup’s control panel or using the scanning program. To know how to scan a document on the Epson ET-8700 printer, refer to the following step-by-step instructions.
- Initially, make sure that your wireless router is configured and ready for the Wi-Fi setup.
- Connect your computer to the wireless network.
- Now, open the Epson ET-8700 printer driver on your computer.
- On the Software Selection page, select the required printer software and click Install. Once the selected software is installed, you’ll be prompted to select the connection type.
- Click the radio button beside the Wireless connection option.
- Select the Setup printer for the first time option.
- On the Wi-Fi Auto Connect screen, select Yes (recommended).
- Choose Using control panel.
- When your Wi-Fi network’s credentials are displayed on the screen, make a note of the credentials.
- Now, navigate to your printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Select Router > Start Setup or Change Settings > Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Choose your wireless network SSID and enter its password when prompted.
- Once your Epson printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network, return to the installation wizard and complete the remaining steps of the installation process.
- Finally, you have to print a test page from your computer.
Epson Et-8700 Ink Refill
Usually, when the ink becomes low or empty, it affects the print output. You can check the ink status of your printer from the Epson ET-8700 setup’s control panel as mentioned in the below instructions.
- Press the Home button.
- Choose the Printer icon.
- Now, the Printer Status screen will be displayed on your printer display.
- Check the ink status and purchase the replacement ink.
- Now, open the ink tank cover of your printer.
- Locate and remove the empty ink pack from the tray.
- Now, unpack the new one and insert it into the tray.
- Place the ink tray back into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
- Try a test print to check the print quality.
Epson Et-8700 Print Setup
- Initially, make sure that you have configured your printer physically.
- Install the necessary print driver on your computer.
- Make sure that your printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- If you’re performing the print operation from your mobile device, then make sure that you have added the correct printer in the printer’s list.
- After completing the Epson ET-8700 setup, try a test print.
Guide: Epson ET-8700 Borderless Printing
To perform Borderless printing on a Mac computer, make use of the below mentioned steps.
- On your Mac computer, open the file you want to print.
- Go to the print preferences window.
- If required, select your printer and set other preferences as per your desire.
- Now, select the Layout option from the pop-up menu.
- Choose the None option from the Border drop-down menu.
- Click Print.
- Now, your printer will start to perform borderless printing.
Epson Ecotank 8700 Print Quality
The Epson ET-8700 setup print quality may vary based on the paper type and border settings you have set.
For Windows: Draft, Standard, and High are the print quality options available for the Windows OS.
- Draft: For plain paper.
- Standard: For text and Image printing.
- High: For photos and graphics.
For Mac: Draft, Normal, Fine, and Best Quality are the print quality options available.
- Draft: To perform the print operation on plain paper.
- Normal: For text and Image printing.
- Fine: Delivers good quality and print speed for text and graphics.
- Best Quality: Best print quality, but slow print speed.
Based on your requirement, you can select the desired print quality.
Epson ET-8700 Airprint Setup
Using AirPrint on iOS
- First, connect your Epson ET-8700 setup and the iOS device to the same wireless network.
- Open the document you want to print on your iOS device.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Select the Print option.
- If required, choose your Epson printer and set other print preferences as per your needs.
- After setting the print preferences, tap Done.
- Now, your printer will start to print the selected document.
Guide: Epson ET-8700 Double Sided Printing
To print a double-sided document from a Windows computer, use the following steps.
- Open the document you want to print.
- Go to the Print Preferences screen.
- Navigate to the 2-sided printing section, select the Auto (Long-edge binding), Auto (Short-edge binding), Manual (Long-edge binding), or Manual (Short-edge binding) option from the drop-down menu.
- Click the OK button.
- Now, your Epson ET-8700 setup will start to print the selected document.
Epson ET-8700 Scan Setup
- Initially, check if you have installed the scan driver on your computer.
- To enable the scan operation from the printer’s control panel, make sure to restart your computer after installing the printer driver.
- For Scan to Computer: Connect your computer and the printer to the same wireless network.
- For Scan to Email: First, configure the scan to email server settings. After configuring them, you can perform the scan to email operation.
Epson ET-8700 Scan to Computer
- On your Epson ET-8700 setup’s scanner glass, place the document you want to scan.
- Press the Home button.
- Choose the Scan option followed by Computer.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the scan to computer operation.
- Once the document has been scanned by the printer, a copy of it will be saved on your computer.
Epson ET-8700 Scan to Email
To perform the scan to email operation, you need to configure the email server settings. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Turn on your Epson ET-8700 setup and press the Home button.
- Select Settings > General Settings > Network Settings > Advanced > Email Server > Server Settings.
- Choose the desired email server and follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the settings.
- Select Proceed > Close > Connection Check.
- Once the connection to the email server has been verified, you’re ready to perform the scan to email operation.
- On your printer’s scanner glass, place the document you want to scan.
- Press the Home button.
- Select Scan > Email.
- Choose or enter the email address in the given field and set other scan preferences as required.
- Finally, select the Presets option followed by Send.
- Now, the placed document will be scanned by your printer and a copy of it will be sent to the selected or entered email address.
Epson ET-8700 Scanner Driver
Scanner Driver and Epson Scan 2 Utility is the scanner driver recommended for the Epson ET-8700 setup. This driver file is provided along with the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer file.
Epson Et-8700 Firmware Update
Using Epson Software Updater on Mac
- Open the Epson Software Updater tool on your Mac.
- Click the checkbox beside the Epson Firmware Update option followed by the Install button.
- Accept the end-user license agreement.
- Enter your Mac’s user name and password and click OK.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to update your Epson ET-8700 setup’s firmware.
- Once the firmware update process has been completed, click Finish.