Epson ET-8700 Troubleshooting Guidance
We all know that printers have their fair share of errors, and there are always methods using which you can troubleshoot those errors and bring your printer back to a working condition. On this page, you can find a few errors you might face on your Epson printer, along with their Epson ET-8700 troubleshooting steps.
Epson ET-8700 Print Head Cleaning
You have to clean the print head if the print quality is poor due to clogged nozzles.
Print Head Cleaning From the Printer’s Control Panel:
- Turn on the Epson ET-8700 Setup and load some paper.
- Press the Home button on the printer.
- Select the Setup option.
- Select Maintenance and then select Print Head Cleaning.
- Select the Start button to clean the print head.
- If required, select Yes in the prompt to print the nozzle check pattern and then select Start.
- If the print quality is still poor, leave the printer idle for 6 hours and then perform the print head cleaning process.
Epson ET-8700 Offline Solution
How to do Epson ET-8700 troubleshooting offline issue. If your Epson ET 8700 printer goes offline, this could be due to the problems not only with the printer but could be due to the computer or the wireless network.
- Now, to see if your Epson ET 8700 printer can print without the computer, print a nozzle check pattern.
- If you can print nozzle check patterns, then open the Epson ET 8700 printer software on your computer and see if you have any print jobs pending in the queue.
- Delete the pending print jobs and try printing again.
- Now, to rule out the errors with the wireless network, you have to unplug the router from the power source.
- Wait for a couple of minutes before you turn it on.
- Go to the Control panel window on your Windows computer.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Perform a right-click on your Epson printer and select the See what’s printing? option.
- Remove the pending print jobs if there are any.
- Click the Printer option on the top left corner and see if you have enabled the option Use Printer Offline. This option should be disabled.
- The Epson ET-8700 troubleshooting steps mentioned above could not solve the offline problem, then uninstall the existing printer driver on your computer. Now, download the latest printer driver from the official site and install it on your computer.
Fixed: Epson ET-8700 Paper Jam
When the paper is jammed inside your Epson printer, you could see a paper jam error message on the printer display. You can clear the error by following the instructions displayed on the printer. However, carry out the steps given here to remove the jammed paper.
Jammed paper in Front Cover:
- Open the front cover of your printer.
- Remove the jammed paper and also remove the fragments of the paper from the inside.
- Raise the output selector and close the front cover.
Jammed paper Inside printer:
- Cancel the print job.
- Lift the printer cover from the font and remove the jammed paper.
- While removing the printer, do not touch the internal parts of the printer.
- Close the printer cover and follow the prompts on the LCD to clear the error message.
Jammed paper Rear Cover:
- Press the buttons on the back of the printer to remove the rear cover.
- If you find any jammed fragments or a jammed paper, remove it.
- Press the buttons on the panel and push the panel back into the rear side of the printer.
Epson ET-8700 Paper Feed Problem
Epson ET-8700 troubleshooting paper feed error, carry out the following instructions.
- Make sure you use the paper that is supported by your Epson printer.
- Make sure you have the papers handled correctly and is properly installed in the printer.
- Do not load papers more than the maximum capacity.
- Make sure you even out the paper and stack them before inserting the stack into the paper tray.
- Make sure the paper guides are not holding the paper too tight, as it might hold the papers from being fed.
- Make sure you do not have any folds or cut edges in the loaded paper.
Epson ET-8700 Not Printing Solution
Follow our instructions to do Epson ET-8700 troubleshooting not printing issue.
- Check if the printer is turned on and connected to your computer.
- Check the ink level on the printer.
- Check if there is enough paper in the paper tray.
- Make sure to configure the correct paper settings in the printer.
- While configuring the printer preferences, choose your Epson printer correctly.
- Look for error messages on your printer display. If you find any error message on the printer, follow the instructions displayed and clear the error.
- Print a nozzle pattern on your printer and check if the printer is able to print without the connected computer.
- Go to the Printer software on your computer and see if there are any pending print jobs. Remove the pending print jobs, restart the printer and computer, and now check if your printer prints.
Epson Et-8700 Not Printing Black
- Make sure the printer settings match with the media you have loaded in the Epson ET 8700 printer.
- Perform a print nozzle check to see if the cartridges are appropriately installed.
- Check if the black ink cartridge has run out of ink. If so, replace the black ink cartridge. Always use the ink cartridge that is supported by the printer.
- Before unpacking the black ink cartridge, shake it well. Then make sure to remove the protective tape from the black ink cartridge before installing it.
Epson Et-8700 Won’t Connect To Wifi
Epson ET-8700 troubleshooting wifi connection:
- If you are having wireless problems between your Epson ET 8700 printer and the router, the best alternative is to unplug the router from the power source.
- Wait for few minutes, then connect the router to power source and turn it on.
- Check if you are able to connect other wireless devices to your router.
- If you have changed the wireless credentials of your router, then perform the wireless setup once again.
- If you are connecting the printer to Wi-Fi using WPS, then you have to press the WPS button on the router within 2 minutes of enabling Wi-Fi on your printer.
- If you have a firewall or MAC filtering on your router, then it might be blocking your printer. So, disable the firewall/MAC filtering and then connect the printer to Wi-Fi.
Fixed: Epson Et-8700 Won’t Scan
- Epson ET-8700 Troubleshooting Scan – Initially, check if your printer is connected to your computer.
- Check if the printer driver and scanner software are installed on your computer.
- You should have installed the Epson Even Manager program on your computer.
- Make sure the Epson Event Manager program is not blocked by your antivirus program.
- Click the Windows icon at the bottom of the desktop screen.
- Select the Epson ET 8700 option and then select Epson ET 8700 Scan Utility.
- Make sure the Epson ET 8700 printer is selected in the utility.
- You can now click the Other tab and click the Reset button.
Epson Et 8700 Reset
Epson ET-8700 troubleshooting common issue using reset.
- Press the Home button on the Epson ET 8700 printer.
- Select the Settings option.
- Now, select General Settings followed by System Administration. Then select the option Restore Default Settings.
- You will see a set of options. Scroll down and select the option Clear All Data and Settings. Doing this will reset all the settings in the Epson ET 8700 printer.