Notice: Undefined index: dir in /home/printers/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson Expression Home XP-4105 Setup
Epson Expression Home XP-4105 is a three in one wireless printer that allows you to perform the print, scan, and copy operations over a wired, USB, or a Wi-Fi connection. Epson Expression Home XP-4105 setup easily without any hassle. The printer has features like auto 2-sided printing, affordable individual ink cartridges, and voice-activated printing.
Components included in the product box:
- The Epson XP-4105 printer
- Four genuine ink cartridges
- Power cord
- User manual
- Installation CD
Unpacking and setting up the printer
- Initially, make sure that you have unpacked your printer and then remove all the packaging tapes from the printer.
- Now, connect the printer to an electrical outlet.
- Gently lift the control panel of the printer and press the Power button to turn on the Epson Expression Home XP-4105 setup.
- Choose the language of your desire. Press OK. Now, raise the scanner unit of your printer.
- Take the black ink cartridge. Shake, unpack, and insert it into its slot.
- Unpack the other ink cartridges and insert them into their slots.
- After inserting all the ink cartridges, lower the scanner unit of your printer.
- Now, check if the ink charging process takes place. If yes, wait for a few minutes. After that, start loading paper.
- First, flip the feeder guard forward and then raise the paper support.
- Adjust the paper guides. Load a stack of A4 plain paper in the feeder. Readjust the guides correctly to fit the edges of the loaded paper.
- Pull out the output tray.
- Select your paper settings by following the instructions displayed on the printer.
- Now, begin the Epson XP 4105 printer software installation on your computer.
- Make sure to select the correct connection type to connect the printer to your computer.
- After completing the driver installation process, try a test print.
Epson Xp 4105 Setup Mac
Using Wi-Fi Direct connection on Mac:
This Epson Expression Home XP-4105 setup method doesn’t require a Wi-Fi router. You can connect your printer to your devices directly using the printer’s Wi-Fi.
- Power on your Epson printer.
- Choose the Wi-Fi icon.
- Select Wi-Fi Direct > Start Setup > Start Setup.
- Your printer’s SSID and password will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, on your Mac, click the Network icon and select the SSID displayed on the printer’s LCD screen. Next, enter the Wi-Fi Direct password and click Connect.
- Press the OK button on the printer’s screen.
- Now, install the network software of the Epson XP 4105 printer on your Mac and try a test print.
Epson XP-4105 Wireless Setup
Using the printer’s control panel
- Initially, make sure that your wireless router is turned on.
- Now, insert the Epson Expression Home XP-4105 setup CD into your computer. In case you’re using a Mac computer or if your computer doesn’t have a CD drive, then download the Epson XP 4105 printer driver from the printer’s official site.
- Open the printer driver installer.
- Accept the license agreement. On the Software Selection screen, select the programs that you wish to install on your computer.
- Perform the on-screen instructions until you reach the Select Your Connection screen. On this screen, select the Wireless connection option.
- Click the Set up printer for the first time option followed by Yes.
- Now, the installer will automatically detect your printer and try to set it up over the wireless network. If the installer fails to detect your printer settings, then you need to set up the wireless connection manually.
- Select the Using control panel option.
- Your wireless network’s credentials will be displayed on the screen. Note it down.
- Now, on your printer’s control panel, press the Home button.
- Select the Wi-Fi icon using the arrow buttons.
- Choose Wi-Fi (Recommended) > Start Setup or Change Settings > Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Select your wireless network and enter its password in the given field.
- Once the printer has been connected to the wireless network, return to the installation wizard on your computer and complete the remaining steps.
- Finally, print a test page from the computer.
Epson XP-4105 USB Setup
- First, get a USB cable from a trusted retail store because it is not provided with the printer package.
- Make sure that your Epson Expression Home XP-4105 setup is not connected to the computer.
- Now, open the Epson XP 4105 printer driver on your computer.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the screen.
- On the Select Your Connection screen, select the Direct USB Connection option.
- Connect the computer to your printer using the USB cable when prompted.
- Complete the printer driver installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, print a test page.
Epson XP-4105 Firmware Downgrade
- Power on your Epson XP 4105 printer if it is turned OFF.
- Connect your printer to the Windows computer using a USB cable.
- Now, press and hold the Power, Cancel, Down arrow, and Left arrow buttons at the same time.
- When the printer screen displays the message Epson Printer ROM FW Update Mode, release the buttons.
- Now, download the older version of your printer firmware and run it.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, the message saying Erasing ROM Data will be displayed on the printer’s screen.
- Once it is done, the Finished message will be displayed on the printer’s screen. Press the OK button. Now, your Epson Expression Home XP-4105 setup will turn OFF.
- Click the Finish button on your computer. The next time, when you turn on your printer, it will be running an older firmware.
Epson XP-4105 Firmware Update
Using Epson Software Updater on Windows:
- Open the Epson Software Updater utility on your Windows computer.
- If required, select your printer model from the drop-down menu.
- Click the checkbox beside the Firmware Updater option.
- Now, click Install item(s).
- Select Yes > Agree > OK > Start.
- Once the printer’s firmware update process has been completed, click Finish > OK.
Epson Expression Home XP-4105 Setup Troubleshooting
Scroll down this page to know the quick steps to resolve the Epson XP 4105 printer issues like printer offline, paper jam, paper feed problem, scanner error, and printer error. To get remote assistance on the same or the other printer issues, click the Call button and reach out to our technical experts.
Fix: Epson XP-4105 Offline Issue
- First, check if your Epson Expression Home XP-4105 setup is turned ON. If not, turn it ON.
- Check if your printer is able to perform the print operation without a computer. To check it, print a nozzle check pattern. If the printer can’t print the nozzle check pattern, then check for error messages on the printer display. If the printer displays an error message, resolve it and then perform the print operation.
- If the printer can print the nozzle check pattern, then delete the pending print jobs on your computer and perform the current one.
- Go to the Epson print queue section, select your printer and disable the Use Printer Offline option.
Fixed: Epson XP-4105 Paper Jam
- First of all, cancel all the on-going print jobs.
- Raise the scanner unit and look for the jammed paper inside the printer.
- Make sure to remove the jammed paper completely from your printer without leaving behind any pieces of paper.
- After removing all the jammed paper, load the paper in paper feeder, and try a test print.
Fix: Epson Xp-4105 Paper Feed Problem
- If you encounter the paper feed problem, then first place the Epson Expression Home XP-4105 setup on a flat surface.
- Remove all the paper from the feeder and reload it again properly.
- Make sure that you’re loading the correct paper type in the feeder.
- If you encounter this issue while loading more papers, then make sure not to exceed the maximum limit.
- Check if the paper size and type settings on your printer’s control are correct.
Solved: Epson XP-4105 Scanner Error
- First, identify the error code displayed on your printer screen because each error code indicates different issues.
- For example, if the error code E2, E3, or E7 is displayed on your Epson Expression Home XP-4105 setup, it means no wireless network names were found.
- To resolve this error, first, make sure that your wireless router is turned ON.
- Check if your computer is connected to the wireless network.
- Confirm that you have selected the correct SSID while selecting the Wi-Fi network.
- If required, contact your network administrator to resolve this issue.
- Error code E8: This error code indicates that an incorrect IP address is assigned to your printer.
- To fix this error, check your printer’s Obtain IP Address settings.
- If it is set to Auto, then make sure that your router’s DHCP is enabled.
- If it is set to Manual, set a valid IP address using the Web Config utility or the printer’s control panel.
- Similarly, identify the error code displayed on your printer’s screen and perform the necessary solutions.
Fixed: Epson XP-4105 Printer Error
- When a Fatal error has occurred on your printer, it displays the error message saying Printer error.
- To resolve this error, restart your printer first.
- If the restart process doesn’t resolve the issue, then check if any paper is jammed inside the printer.
- If yes, remove the jammed paper from the printer.
- If there is no paper jam, then you need to contact your printer dealer or manufacturer to service the printer to resolve this error.
How To Reset Epson XP-4105?
- Select the Settings option from your printer’s home screen.
- Scroll down the Settings screen.
- Select Restore Default Settings > All Settings > Yes.
- Now, your Epson Expression Home XP-4105 setup’s settings will be restored to the default settings.