Epson XP-860 Setup
Epson XP-860 is a small-in-one printer that can print, scan, copy, and fax. It is capable of printing over a wireless network. Set up the Epson XP-860 setup using the below steps.
Step-1: Unpack the printer
- Unbox the printer and place it on a stable surface.
- Look for the printer accessories such as ink cartridges, user manuals, power cord, and installation CD and keep them safe.
- Remove all the packaging and protective materials from the printer.
Step-2: Power connection
- Connect the supplied power cord to the AC inlet on the printer’s rear side.
- Plug the other side to a wall outlet and then raise the printer control panel.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer. Now, set the language, region, and date & time.
Step-3: Ink cartridges installation
- Open the scanner unit of the printer and wait for the print head to returns to its original position.
- Unpack a new ink cartridge and remove the protective cap from the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into its slot until it clicks in a position.
- Similarly, install all the ink cartridges and close the scanner unit.
- The ink charging will begin once you close the scanner unit.
Step-4: Feed paper in the cassette 2
- Lift the control panel and close the output tray if it is open.
- Open the front cover and take out the lower cassette.
- Move the paper edge guides outwards to the end of the cassette.
- Arrange the paper in the paper cassette such that the print side faces down.
- Again, shift the edge guides to the paper edges but do not make it tight.
- Carefully insert the paper cassette back into the printer.
- Make the necessary paper settings on the control panel.
Step-5: Fax connection
- Connect the telephone line cable from the wall jack to the printer’s LINE port.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to configure the fax settings.
Step-6: Software installation
- Once the physical setup is complete, install the printer software on the computer.
- The printer driver helps you manage and control the printer from the computer.
Epson Xp 860 Driver Download
- Download the printer driver from this page.
- Otherwise, open another tab in the browser and visit the official Epson website.
- Enter your Epson printer model name in the search bar and go to the support page.
- On the page, click the Downloads tab and then choose the operating system from the drop-down menu provided.
- The list of available drivers appears below, click the Download button of the driver you want to download.
- The driver installer file will be saved on the computer.
Epson XP-860 Manual Download
- The printer manuals are provided with the printer and are available online in PDF format.
- Open a browser and go to your Epson printer’s support page.
- Select the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- From the displayed list of manuals, click the PDF link of the required manual.
Epson XP-860 Driver Install
- Get the printer driver on the computer either by downloading it or using the installation CD.
- Open the driver installer and the printer installation window will open on the screen.
- Choose the software you want to install under Software Selection and click Install.
- Under Custom Install, again, click the Install button.
- Follow the guided instructions on the screen to install the software.
Epson Xp 860 Wifi Setup
- Turn on your Wi-Fi router and connect the computer to the wireless network.
- Note down the network name and password for later use.
- Download the printer driver and save it on the computer.
- Otherwise, insert the installation CD into the computer and run it.
- Once the printer setup window appears, install the printer software, and choose Wireless connection as the connection type.
- On the following screen, select a setup option and click Next.
- Choose Using printer buttons as the Wireless Network Setup Method.
- On the printer’s control panel., tap the Home button, select the Wi-Fi icon, and tap Setup.
- Select Wi-Fi Setup > Wi-Fi Setup Wizard. If your network name appears on display, select it and enter the password.
- Confirm the Wi-Fi network details and tap Proceed.
- Once the setup is complete, tap Start to print a network status report to verify the connection, or select Done.
- Complete the connection setup by following the instruction displayed on the computer.
Epson Xp 860 Double Sided Printing
- Connect your printer and the computer via network or USB connection.
- Open the file you want to print on your computer, click the Print option to open the Printer settings window, and select the Epson printer name.
- Click Properties or Preferences and this will open the Printing Preferences window
- Configure all the necessary print settings and set the 2-Sided Printing menu to ON.
- Select the Settings button below to open the 2-Sided Printing dialog box.
- Choose a Binding Edge option based on the document being printed and click OK. This option will prompt you to flip the paper for printing on the other side.
- Finally, click OK in the Printing Preferences window to begin printing.
Epson Xp-860 Scan To Computer
- Before scanning, install the scanner driver on your computer.
- Connect the computer and the printer.
- Lift the document cover on the printer and load the document on the scanner glass.
- Close the cover and set the scan settings on the control panel.
- Press the Home button, select Scan, and select Scan to Computer (JPG) or (PDF) based on the document.
- Next, choose USB connection if you are using the USB cable. If not, select the computer name.
- Press the Start button to start scanning.
Epson Xp 860 Scanner Software Download
- Like the printer driver, the scanner software is also available on the official Epson website.
- Visit the official Epson site and search for the printer model to access its support page.
- Go to the Downloads section, choose the OS version, and find the scanner driver under Drivers.
- Click the Download button and proceed to download the scanner driver.
Epson Xp-860 Firmware Update
- For better performance, you need to keep the printer firmware updated.
- Go to the printer’s support page.
- Click the Downloads tab and select the appropriate OS version.
- Select Firmware and then click Download to get the latest firmware on the computer.
- After downloading, run the downloaded file to update the firmware.
Epson Xp 860 Troubleshooting
When the printer encounters a problem, the relevant error message appears on the display panel. Understand the message and refer to the user manual to fix the error. If you find it difficult to solve the printer error, contact our technical team for more support.
Epson Xp-860 Paper Jam
If a paper jam happens inside the printer, try the below mentioned steps to clear it.
- Stop all the printing jobs immediately and if you see any paper stuck inside the paper feed slot, remove it slowly.
- Open the scanner unit and then use both hands to pull out the jammed paper without touching the white cable.
- Close the scanner unit and check if the error is withdrawn.
Epson Xp-860 Offline
- Make sure the printer is turned on. Tighten the power cord and USB cable connected to the printer. Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router to avoid connection issues if the printer is connected over a wireless network.
- On your Windows computer connected to the printer, open the Settings window and select Devices and Printers. Right-click the printer model and disable Use Printer Offline.
- Disconnect the printer connection, reconnect it, and turn it on.
Epson Xp-860 Won’t Scan
The below steps will help you when the scanner doesn’t scan.
- Check if the scanner driver is installed on the computer.
- Do not scan when the scanner is in the sleep or offline mode. Turn the scanner ON and retry to scan.
- Reinstall the Epson Scan program after updating the computer’s software.
Epson Xp-860 Reset
When you reset the printer, all the printer settings will be restored to the default factory settings.
- Press the Home button followed by Setup and scroll down to choose Restore Default Settings.
- Select All Settings to reset all the printer settings. Or else, choose any other reset option.
- Now, tap Yes to confirm the reset.