Notice: Undefined index: dir in /www/wwwroot/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson XP 960
Epson XP-960 Setup
The Epson XP960 printer supports various functions, such as print, copy, and scan. To know how to perform the Epson XP-960 setup, refer to the quick instructions provided here.
- Unpack the Epson XP960 printer and check if all the essential components are included in the box.
- Plug a power cord into the rear side of the Epson XP960 printer and an electrical outlet.
- Power up the printer and specify your desired language.
- Open the scanner unit, unpack new ink cartridges, and place them in their slots correctly.
- Place some paper in the upper cassette, lower cassette, or rear paper feed slot.
Paper type compatibility
- Upper cassette – photo paper
- Lower cassette – legal size, A4, letter-size, and 8 * 10-inch paper
- Rear paper feed slot – 11 * 17-inch paper
- Use the printer installation CD to install the Epson XP960 printer software on your computer.
- Select Wireless Connection, Direct USB Connection, or Wired Network Connection when you see the ‘Select Your Connection’ window at the time of installation.
- Once done, restart the computer.
Epson Expression XP960 Manual Download
- To download a soft copy of the Epson XP-960 setup manual, click the Manual Download button provided below.
- You can even download the manual’s soft copy from the official Epson website. To do this, open a web browser and access the Epson web page.
- Search for the Epson XP960 printer, navigate to the Manuals and Warranty section, and click the manual link.
- After you click the Download icon, a soft copy of the Epson XP960 printer manual will be saved in the Downloads folder.
How to Remove Ink Cartridge from Epson XP960?
- On the control panel of the Epson XP960 printer, navigate to Setup and select the Maintenance option followed by the Ink Cartridge Replacement option.
- Raise the scanner unit.
- Push the blue tab and then lift the black ink cartridge.
- Also, take the rest of the ink cartridges from the slot.
- Make sure to place new ink cartridges in the empty slots.
- Close the Epson XP960 printer’s scanner unit.
Epson XP-960 Print Setup
How To Print A3 On Epson XP-960?
- Place enough A3 paper in the rear paper feed slot.
- On your computer, open a document that you need to print and launch the printer settings window.
- If needed, select the Epson XP960 printer.
- Set the print settings and click the OK or Print option.
How to Print Photos on Epson XP-960?
- Open a photo that you want to print on your Windows computer and click the Print option.
- If required, choose the Epson XP-960 setup.
- Select the Properties, Preferences, or similar option to open the printer settings window.
- Navigate to the Main tab.
- Go to the Paper Source drop-down menu and select the Auto option.
- Now, choose the paper size from the Document Size drop-down list.
- To print a borderless photo, select the checkbox next to the Borderless option and click the Settings button. Now, configure additional settings for borderless printing.
- Select the Portrait option in the Orientation field.
- Fill the Paper Type and Quality fields.
- To print a color photo, navigate to the Color field and select the radio button next to the Color option.
- If you need to print the photo in black or shades of gray, select the radio beside the Black/Grayscale option.
- If you want to print multiple photos, choose the required print count from the Copies drop-down menu.
- To reduce noise during printing, select the checkbox next to the Quiet Mode option and choose the Plain Paper/Bright White Paper option.
- Note: Quiet Mode will slow the printing speed.
- Checkmark the box beside the Print Preview option to preview your print job.
- Select the OK or Print option.
- The Epson XP960 printer begins to print the photo according to the specified print settings.
Epson XP-960 Borderless Printing Guide
Paper type compatibility for borderless printing
- Epson Photo Paper Glossy
- Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
- Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
- Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
- Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster
- Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
- Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte
- If the output tray of the Epson XP-960 setup is open, close it by pressing the Output Tray button.
- Lower the printer’s front cover and draw out the upper paper cassette.
- After you move the edge guides to the extreme end, place the compatible paper with its glossy or printed side facing down in the paper cassette.
- Adjust the edge guides and then place the paper cassette back to the printer.
- Open a document or photo on your Windows computer.
- Access the printer settings window.
- Fill all the necessary fields.
- For borderless printing, select the checkbox beside the Borderless option.
- Click the Settings button next to it and set other additional settings.
- Once done with the print settings, click either Print or OK.
Steps: Epson XP 960 Double Sided Printing
- Place enough paper required for printing in the paper cassette tray.
- Launch the Epson XP-960 setup settings window on your computer.
- Click the Main tab, navigate to the 2-Sided Printing drop-down menu, and choose Auto (Long-edge binding, Auto (Short-edge binding, Manual (Long-edge binding, or Manual (Short-edge binding) option.
- Select the Settings option next to it.
- This will open the 2-Sided Printing Settings dialog window on the screen.
- Go to the Binding Edge field and select the radio button next to the Left Long-edge, Top Short-edge, or Right Long-edge option.
- Return to the Main tab by clicking the OK button.
- Click Print Density, choose the document type, and select the OK option.
- Provide the necessary information in the remaining fields.
- Start the double-sided printing by selecting OK or Print.
- Continue with the display panel instructions for completing the double-sided printing process.
Epson XP-960 Print CD Guidance
- On the desktop of your Windows computer, click the Epson Print CD icon.
- Choose a pre-designed template or include a background image, picture, text, or graphic elements.
- Once done with creating your design, click the Save option.
- Open your file in the Epson Print CD program.
- Click the Print option and choose the Epson XP-960 setup from the Printer drop-down menu.
- To know how your design would look on the disc, select the Test Print option and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- To print the design, click the Print option twice.
How to Load Photo Paper in Epson XP 960?
- The photo paper has to be loaded in the upper paper cassette only.
- You can keep the output tray closed unless required.
- Lower the Epson XP960 printer’s front cover.
- Pull the upper paper cassette out from the printer and then move the edge guides in it.
- Place the photo paper with its glossy side facing down in the upper paper cassette.
- Adjust the edge guides against the paper and push the upper paper cassette back to the printer.
Epson XP 960 Print Head Alignment
- Load a few sheets of plain paper into the paper cassette.
- Press the Home button on the Epson XP-960 setup’s control panel.
- Select Setup -> Maintenance -> Print Head Alignment and press the Start button.
- Now, the printer will print an alignment sheet.
- See the printed pattern, choose the number of the best-printed patterns, and select the Done option.
Guide: Epson XP-960 Scan Multiple Pages
- You can scan multiple pages of a document and save them as one PDF file.
- Make sure that you have already connected the printer to your computer.
- Now, place the document or photo that you want to scan on the scanner glass.
- Open the Epson Scan window and set the necessary settings.
- Press the Start button to begin the scanning of a document.
- Select the Preview option to view the scanned document.
- To scan the second page of the document, click on the + icon.
- Choose PDF as the media type.
- Set the required scanning preferences such that it meets the paper recommendations.
- Once you have scanned all the pages of the document, save the document as a PDF file on your computer.
Epson XP-960 Setup Support
We provide continuous support to your Epson printer. The steps to configure your printer and the troubleshooting techniques to resolve the printer issues are mentioned on this page. For any other issues, click the Call button on this page get in touch with our technical support team.
Epson Xp-960 Firmware Update
- Make sure the Epson printer and your computer connected.
- Go to the official Epson website from your browser.
- Enter the printer model number in the search section and hit the Enter key.
- Now, select the updated firmware version under the Firmware tab.
- Click on the Download button next to the Recovery mode Firmware version.
- Complete the installation of the firmware by following the on-screen instructions.
Epson Xp-960 Firmware Downgrade
- First, make sure to connect your printer and computer.
- Remove any ink cartridges installed on your printer.
- Now, power off the Epson printer.
- While the printer is turned off, press and hold the Stop button.
- Now, tap the Left arrow button followed by the Home button and Power button simultaneously.
- You can now download the older version of firmware and perform a downgrade.
Epson Expression XP-960 Troubleshooting Guidance
You may face specific issues on the printer due to various reasons. Make sure to run routine maintenance on the printer to avoid problems. Most of the common problems that occur on the Epson XP-960 setup and their troubleshooting techniques are mentioned below.
Epson XP 960 Offline Solution
- Open the Control Panel window and navigate to the Devices and Printers section.
- Now, right-click on the Epson printer and select the See what is printing option from the displayed list.
- Click on the Printer menu and make sure that the Printer Offline option is not selected. If you find a tick, uncheck it.
- Set the Epson XP 960 printer as a default one.
- Ensure that the Use Printer Online option is selected.
- If you have any printing jobs queued up, clear them to fix the issue.
- Ensure that the connection between the printer and your computer is proper.
- Restart your printer and computer. Check if the issue has been resolved.
Fix: Epson XP-960 Paper Jam Error
- If you are facing paper jam issues on the Epson XP-960 setup, make sure to load the paper that is compatible with your printer.
- Open the scanner unit and slide the carriage to the end.
- Pull out the paper that is stuck using both your hands.
- If you find any paper bits, scraps, or any packing materials, remove them.
- Close the scanner unit and press the Start button. Check if the issue is resolved.
- If you are unable to print, open the rear unit of the printer, and pull out the jammed paper.
- Open the paper output tray and remove any stuck paper.
- Now, restart the Epson printer to fix the paper jamming issue.
Fix: Epson XP 960 Ink Cartridge not Recognized
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are free from debris.
- Check whether you have inserted each ink cartridges properly.
- Remove and reinsert the cartridges to check if the issue is resolved.
- If you insert the ink cartridges while the printer is turned off, it may not recognize the ink cartridges.
- Turn on the Epson XP-960 setup and reinsert ink cartridges to fix the issue.
Epson XP 960 not Printing Guide
- Check whether you have correctly connected the printer to your computer.
- Place the printer on a flat surface. If it is on a sloped surface, it may not print.
- Ensure that you have removed all the packing materials from the inside of the printer.
- If you find the ink cartridges have run out, replace them.
- Ensure that you are using the paper media that meets the printer specification.
- Ensure to set the correct paper settings on the printer and software.
- To find if the nozzles are clogged, print the nozzle check pattern.
- Clean the nozzles if you find they are blocked.
- If your printer is in sleep mode or offline, wake it.
- If the issue persists, restart your printer and computer to fix the problem.
Steps: Epson XP-960 Hard Reset
- When you perform a hard reset, all the settings on the printer will be restored to the factory defaults.
- Press the Home button on the printer and go to the Setup section.
- Now, scroll down and navigate to the Restore Default Settings option.
- Select Wi-Fi/ Network Settings to perform a hard reset on all network settings.
- To reset everything, select All Settings.
- When prompted for confirmation, select Yes.
- Now, all the Epson XP-960 setup settings will be reset to the factory defaults.