How To Perform Epson M205 Setup?
The Epson M205 printer supports USB, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet interfaces. You have to use only genuine Epson paper for the best print quality. Here are the simple steps to perform Epson M205 setup.
Unpack the printer
- Make sure the ink bottles, installation CD, and power cable are included in the printer box.
- Remove the packing materials from the printer.
Fill the ink tank
- Open the ink tank cover and remove the ink tank cap.
- Fill the ink tank.
- Close the ink tank cap and lower the ink tank cover.
Turn on your printer
- Now, connect the power cable between the printer and a power outlet.
- Press the Power button on the control panel to turn on the printer.
- Choose your language and press the OK button.
Charging the ink
- Wait until you see a message on the LCD panel.
- Press the OK button and hold it for about three seconds.
- This will charge the ink and it might take up to 11 minutes to finish.
Install the printer software
- Install the Epson printer software using the installation CD.
- Connect the printer to your computer.
- Print a test page from your computer.
Epson M205 Driver Download
Follow the steps below to perform Epson M205 setup for downloading the driver.
- Click the Driver Download button on this page to download the Epson M205 printer driver on your computer.
- Alternatively, download the printer driver from the official Epson website.
- By default, the downloaded file will be saved in the computer’s Downloads folder.
Epson M205 Manual Download
- To download the Epson M205 printer manual on your computer, click the Manual Download button on this page.
- You can even download it from the Epson website.
- Note: Network Guide, Start Here, and User Guide are the available printer manuals.
- The downloaded manual will be saved in the Downloads folder on the computer.
How To Install Epson M205 Printer In Windows 10?
Steps to do Epson M205 setup for printer installation on Windows 10
- Perform the initial hardware setup of the Epson M205 printer.
- Download the printer driver from the official Epson website.
- Open the downloaded printer file and carry out the on-screen instructions.
- While installing, choose the USB Connection option. Connect a USB cable between the printer and your Windows 10 computer only when you see a prompt in the setup wizard.
- Complete the installation with the help of the on-screen instructions.
Epson M205 Driver Installation
- Download the Epson M205 printer driver from this page or the official Epson page.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click it.
- Follow the steps on the installation wizard.
- When prompted, select your connection type.
- Continue with the remaining prompts to complete the installation.
How To Check Ink Level In Epson M205?
- Open the Epson M205 printer’s ink tank cover.
- Now, you can check the ink level in the ink tank visually.
- If it is low, i.e., below the lower limit, refill the ink tank.
- Note: You should not use the printer when the ink level is low. If you do so, it will damage the printer.
Epson M205 Ink Refill
- Lift-open the printer’s ink tank cover.
- Remove the ink tank cap.
- Open the ink bottle cap and fill the ink tank.
- Once done, close the ink bottle cap followed by the ink tank cap.
- Lower the ink tank cover properly.
How To Clean Epson M205 Printer Head?
- Check if the transportation lock is set to the printing position.
- Ensure that there are no error messages on the printer display.
Print head cleaning using the Head Cleaning utility (Windows)
- On your Windows computer’s home screen, navigate to the taskbar and right-click the printer icon.
- Click the Head Cleaning option and continue with the prompts to complete the print head cleaning process.
Print head cleaning using the Head Cleaning utility (Mac)
- On your Mac computer, click the Apple logo and choose System Preferences. Click the Print & Scan option and select the Epson M205 printer.
- To launch Epson Printer Utility 4, click Options & Supplies, Utility -> Open Printer Utility.
- Click the Head Cleaning icon and perform the on-screen instructions to clean the print head.
Print head cleaning using the printer’s control panel
- On the printer’s control panel, navigate to Menu.
- Select the Maintenance option followed by the Head Cleaning option.
- Perform the steps displayed on the LCD panel to clean the print head.
Epson M205 Wifi Setup
Procedure to perform Epson M205 setup< for wifi connection.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the Epson M205 printer’s control panel.
- Select the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option and press the OK button.
- Choose your SSID from the available SSIDs list and press the OK button.
- Enter the network password using the control panel buttons and press OK.
- When the printer tries to connect to your wireless network, you will see the Setting up message on the LCD panel.
- Wait until you see the Setup is completed message on the LCD panel.
- Press the up arrow button on the control panel to complete the Wi-Fi setup.
Epson M205 Scanner Setup
- Open the Epson M205 printer’s document cover.
- Place a document (with its printed side face down) on the scanner glass for scanning.
- Note: If you want to scan multiple pages, you can place the document in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Launch Epson Scan on your computer.
- Navigate to the Mode drop-down menu and choose the Home Mode option.
- Choose the Text/Line Art option from the Document Type menu.
- To preview the document before scanning, click the Preview button.
- Go to the Image Type field and select Color, Grayscale, or Black&White.
- Click the Scan button at the bottom.
- In the Location field, specify a location to save the scanned document on the computer.
- Choose your file type from the Type drop-down menu.
- Select the options given below.
- Show this dialog box before next scan
- Open image folder after scanning
- Show Add Page dialog after scanning
- Click the OK button in the File Save Settings window.
- The printer scans the document and the scanned document will be saved in the specified location.
Epson M205 Scan To Pc
Simple guidelines to do Epson M205 setup for scanning to Pc
- Place the original document (printed side face-down) on the scanner glass.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the Scan button.
- Choose the Scan to PC option.
- Select your computer name and then press the OK button.
- Note: To change the computer name on the printer’s control panel, use Epson Event Manager.
- The printer begins scanning.
- Once done, it will be saved on the computer.
Epson m205 Scan To Pdf
- On the printer’s scanner glass, place the document for scanning.
- Locate the Scan button on the printer’s control panel and press it.
- Now, you will see the Scan to PC, Scan to PC (PDF), Scan to PC (Email), and Scan to PC (WSD) options on the LCD panel.
- Select the Scan to PC (PDF) option and choose your computer.
- Once you press OK, the printer scans the document and sends it to the selected computer as a PDF.
Epson M205 Scan Driver Download
- Access the Epson website and type the Epson M205 printer in the search field.
- When a new page appears, click the Downloads tab.
- Navigate to the Drivers section.
- Click the Download button next to the scanner driver.
- After downloading it, double-click it and carry out the on-screen prompts to install the scanner driver.
How To Connect Epson m205 Ethernet?
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Epson M205 printer’s rear port and your computer’s Ethernet port.
- Insert the installation CD into your computer’s CD drive.
- Proceed with the prompts on the screen to install the printer driver on the computer.
Epson M205 Firmware Update
- Download the latest version of the Epson M205 printer firmware.
- Double-click it and carry out the steps on the screen to update the firmware.
- If you see the Recovery Mode message on the LCD panel, it indicates that the firmware update has failed. In such a case, connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable and update the firmware again.
Epson M205 Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting consists of two steps, namely diagnosing the problem and applying solutions to resolve the problem. The most common Epson M205 printer problems while perform Epson M205 setup are given below with their solution.
Paper Jam In The ADF
- Take out the paper from the ADF input tray.
- Open the printer’s ADF cover and pull out the jammed paper.
- Also, remove the paper from the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Close the ADF and then raise the ADF input tray.
- Clear the jammed paper and then close the ADF cover.
- To prevent a paper jam problem in the future, avoid using wrinkled paper. Use only high-quality paper.
- If you need technical assistance to perform Epson M205 setup, click the Call button. Our support members will assist you.
Paper Jam Inside The Printer
- Lift-open the printer’s scanner unit.
- Clear all the jammed paper from the inside of the printer.
- Make sure to remove the torn pieces of paper.
- Close the printer’s scanner unit properly.