Epson M205 Troubleshooting
The Epson M205 All-in-One printer may undergo certain issues when it is not handled carefully. If the printer is in the warranty period, you can contact Epson support for hardware issues. Some of the errors that occur on the printer and the ways to perform Epson M205 troubleshooting are mentioned below.
Epson M205 Paper Jam Error
If you have any paper jam problems, consider the procedure given below.
- If there are any printing jobs, cancel them.
- Now, remove the jammed paper from the output tray.
- If you find any paper in the feeder, remove it using both hands.
- Gently take out the jammed paper from the tray and sheet feeder.
- Open the scanner unit and make sure not to touch the white cable inside the printer.
- Make sure not to open the document cover when the scanner unit is opened.
- Remove any jammed paper or torn pieces of paper you see inside the printer.
- Make sure not to touch any button on the printer when you are removing the jammed paper. Lower the scanner unit.
- Now, press the OK button to resume printing and complete the Epson M205 troubleshooting process.
Epson M205 Offline
- If the printer is offline, press and hold the Windows and R keys on the connected Windows computer to open the Run dialog box.
- Type Control Panel in the search section and hit the Enter key.
- Click the Devices and Printers link in the Control Panel window.
- Right-click on the Epson printer and select the See what’s printing option.
- Click on the Printer menu and deselect the Use Printer Offline option if it is selected.
- Now, right-click on the printer and select the Set as default printer option from the displayed list.
- Now, close the window and verify if the status is online. The issue is fixed after troubleshooting the Epson M205 printer.
Epson M205 Paper Feed Problem
- Remove the stack of paper and check whether the paper stack is curled or folded. If you find it folded, make sure to flatten the stack of paper.
- If the paper is too old, replace them. Fan the paper stack well and then load them.
- Make sure that the paper stack does not exceed the limit.
- If the paper is not loaded above the mark on the edge guide, remove some sheets of paper.
- If any paper is jammed, remove it.
- If the ink cartridges are not empty, replace them.
- You can load the paper again and finish the troubleshooting process.
Epson M205 Paper Jam But No Paper
If no paper is jammed inside and the printer shows a paper jam error, consider the steps given below.
- First, restart the printer to begin the Epson M205 troubleshooting process.
- Remove the printer header and verify if there are any paper inside.
- Move the roller gently and check if the issue is resolved.
- Now, fix the printer header back again and restart the printer.
- If the issue persists, reinstall the printer driver to fix the issue.
Epson M205 Not Printing After Refilling
- If the printer is not printing or printing blank pages, print a nozzle check pattern to check if the nozzles are clogged.
- Clean the print head, if required.
- Check the paper size, orientation, and layout settings on the printer software.
- Place the printer on a flat surface and make sure that it is not tilted or at an angle.
- If the ink cartridges are low, you may need to replace them.
- Ensure that there are no tapes on the ink cartridges.
- Remove the ink cartridges and reinstall them.
- The loaded paper should meet the printer’s specifications.
- Sometimes, if your document has blank pages, check the Print Preview, and remove the blank pages.
- Select the Skip Blank Page option on the printer software to start printing again.
Epson M205 ADF Not Working
- If the ADF is not working, make sure that it is installed correctly.
- On the Epson Scan software, make sure that the Office Mode or the Professional Mode is selected.
- Ensure that the ADF-Single-sided or ADF-Double-sided option is selected as a document Source.
- If the Automatic Document Feeder is open, close it properly.
- If you find any jammed paper, remove it. Reload the document that is not yet scanned. Restart the EPSON Scan software.
- Once the Epson M205 troubleshooting process is complete, the ADF will start working.
Epson M205 Scanner Not Working
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Turn off the computer and printer. Then, restart them.
- Check the USB cable connection and ensure that the cable is connected properly.
- Restart the Epson Scan software and try scanning again.
- Sometimes, the scanner may not work correctly after upgrading your operating system.
- In such cases, reinstall the Epson Scan software to fix the issue.
Epson M205 Printer Not Printing Properly
- If the printer is not printing properly, print a nozzle check pattern.
- Check the print settings and check whether the ink is low.
- If the nozzles are blocked, clean the print head.
- Ensure that the paper size, orientation, and layout settings on the printer software are correct.
- When the troubleshooting process for the Epson M205 printer is done with, you can begin printing.
How To Reset Epson M205 Printer?
- If you are facing issues that could not be resolved, you can use the reset feature.
- Press the Ajustes button on the printer.
- Now, choose the Restore Default Settings option.
- Select Reset All Settings and then select Yes. This will reset the control panel settings to defaults. If you need remote assistance to perform Epson M205 troubleshooting, click the call button available on the screen.