How To Perform Epson M2140 Setup?
Epson M2140 is a Monochrome Duplex InkTank printer that supports printing, scanning, and copying.This printer provides an ultra-high page yield of up to a maximum of 6000 pages. It supports Auto duplex printing.The simple steps to perform the Epson M2140 setup for the first time are provided on this page.
Unpack Your Printer
- Take out the Epson M2140 printer from the box.
- Make sure all the essential contents are included in the printer box.
- Clear the packing materials from the outside and inside of the printer.
Filling The Ink Tank
- Raise the ink tank cover and open the ink tank cap.
- Take an ink bottle and open its cap.
- Pour the ink into the ink tank.
- Once done, close the ink bottle cap followed by the ink tank cap.
- Lower the ink tank.
Turn ON Your Printer
- Take the power cable and plug one of its ends into the printer’s rear port.
- Connect the power cable’s other end to a power outlet.
- To power up the Epson printer, press the Power button.
Configure The Initial Settings
- Set the language on the printer’s control panel.
- When a new message appears, press the ? button for about five seconds.
- To begin the initialization, press the Start button.
- Note: This might take 10 minutes to complete.
Check Print Quality
- Carry out the LCD panel instructions to perform the Nozzle Check.
- When prompted, place enough paper in the paper cassette.
Connect Your Printer To A Computer
- Install the Epson printer software using the product CD.
- When prompted, use a USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
Epson M2140 Driver Download<
Below are the steps to perform Epson M2140 setup for downloading the driver.
- To download the Epson M2140 printer driver on your computer, click the Driver Download button on this page.
- Alternatively, access the Epson website and click the Downloads tab to download the manufacturer recommended driver.
- The downloaded driver will be saved in the Downloads folder by default.
Epson M2140 Manual Download
- Click the Manual Download button given on this page to download the Epson M2140 printer manual.
- Also, you can download it from the Epson website.
- The downloaded manual will be saved in your computer’s Downloads folder.
Epson M2140 Driver Installation
- Download the Epson M2140 printer driver from the manufacturer website or this page.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click it.
- Carry out the steps that appear on the screen to finish the installation.
- While installing, specify your connection type. Connect the printer to your computer only when prompted.
- Finally, print a test page from your computer.
Epson M2140 Wifi Setup
Epson M2140 setup – It does not support the wireless interface. You can establish a connection between the printer and your computer only using a USB cable. To do this, use the software installation CD to install the printer software. You have to connect a USB cable between the printer’s rear port and your computer’s USB port when prompted.
Epson M2140 Ink Refill
- Select the Maintenance option and press OK on the Epson M2140 printer.
- To refill the ink, select the Reset Ink Level option and press OK.
- Open the ink tank cover followed by the ink tank cap.
- Pour the ink from the ink bottle into the ink tank.
- Once done with ink refilling, close the ink tank cap.
- Lower the ink tank cover and press the Start button.
- The printer starts to reset the ink level.
- Wait until you see a confirmation message on the LCD panel.
- Lastly, press the Start button on the control panel.
Epson M2140 Maintenance Box Reset
If you see the Maintenance Error message on the printer’s display panel, carry out the following steps to resolve this problem.First, select the Next option on the printer’s control panel.
Check Epson Monitor Status 3
- Make sure the Epson printer is connected to your Windows computer using a USB cable.
- On the computer, launch Control Panel. Click the View by drop-down menu and choose Small icons.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Go to the Printers section. Right-click your printer and choose the Printing Preferences option.
- In the Maintenance tab, select Epson Status Monitor 3 and check if you see an error message similar to the one you see in the printer’s control panel.
Maintenance Box Reset
- Remove the maintenance box from the printer and attach the maintenance box chip to it.
- Open the Epson Adjustment program on the computer.
- Choose Epson M2140 from the Model Name drop-down menu.
- Select EPIL from the Destination menu and click the OK button.
- Click the Particular adjustment mode option.
- Choose the Waste Ink Pad Counter option and click OK.
- Select the Maintenance Box Counter checkbox and click the OK button.
- Click OK and exit the Epson Adjustment program.
- Restart the printer.
Epson M2140 ID Card Copy
Perform the below steps to do Epson M2140 setup for copying an ID card on the printer.
- Place your ID card on the scanner glass.
- Note: Make sure the ID card is placed away from the corner mark on the scanner glass.
- Select the Copy option and press OK on the control panel
- Specify your copy preferences and press the Start button.
- The Epson printer copies the ID card according to the specified copy settings.
Epson M2140 Duplex Printing
- Open the printer’s paper cassette and draw out the paper cassette.
- Place enough paper and adjust the edge guides.
- Push the paper cassette into the printer and close the paper cassette cover.
- On your computer, open the file for printing.
- Navigate to the File menu and choose the Print or Page Setup option.
- Select the Epson M2140 printer.
- To open the Printing Preferences window, click Preferences or Properties.
- In the Main tab, choose your preferred option from the 2-Sided Printing drop-down menu.
- Click the Settings button. Make the necessary changes and click OK.
- If needed, set the print density.
- Once done with configuring the print settings, click the OK button. This will close the Printer Preferences window.
- To start printing, click the Print option.
Epson m2140 Scan Setup
Steps to do Epson M2140 setup for scanning
- Place an original document (with its print side facing down) on the printer’s scanner glass.
- Select Scan on the printer’s control panel.
- Choose the To Computer (JPEG), To Computer (PDF), To Computer (Email), or To Computer (Custom) option.
- Press the OK button followed by the Start button.
- The printer will begin to scan the original document.
Epson m2140 Scan Software Download
- Access the Epson website and search for the Epson M2140 printer.
- Navigate to the Downloads tab and download the scanning software on your computer.
- On the computer, go to the Downloads folder and double-click the downloaded scanner software installer.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to finish the installation.
Epson m2140 Resetter Free Download
Below are the procedure to perform Epson M2140 setup for downloading the resetter.
- Epson Adjustment program is the resetter tool that is mostly used to reset the maintenance box.
- You can download it from its manufacturer website.
Epson m2140 App Download
- Epson Scan 2 is the app to control scanning from a computer and Epson Event Manager is the app to manage scanning from the printer’s control panel.
- You can download these apps from the Epson website. After downloading it, install it by following the on-screen instructions.
Epson m2140 Firmware Update
- Launch the Epson Software Updater utility on your Windows computer.
- Select the Epson M2140 printer.
- Click Firmware Updater -> Install item(s) -> Yes -> Agree -> OK -> Start.
- Wait until the printer firmware update installation completes.
- Lastly, click the Finish button followed by the OK button.
Epson m2140 Troubleshooting
Some of the commmon problems while peforming Epson M2140 setup are given on this page. If you need assistance from our support members in resolving the problem, click the Call button.
Epson M2140 Offline
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Check if a USB cable is connected securely between the printer’s rear port and your Windows computer’s USB port.
- On the computer, launch the Printing Preferences window. Go to the Maintenance tab and select the Print Queue option.
- If you see any paused print jobs, select them and click the Cancel all documents option.
- In the Printer tab, remove the checkbox next to the Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline options if they are selected.
- If necessary, set Epson M2140 as the default printer.
Epson M2140 Not Printing
If you cannot print from a computer, follow these steps to resolve this problem.
- Establish a secure connection between the printer and your computer using a USB cable (without using a USB hub).
- If the USB cable is not recognized, try to use a different USB port or change the USB cable.
- Ensure that you have installed a genuine Epson printer drier on the computer.
- If you are printing a large-size file, the computer might run out of memory. In such a case, print it at a lower resolution.
- To check the printer status, perform the following steps.
- Open the printer driver on the computer. In the Maintenance tab, click the Print Queue option. Choose the Cancel all documents option to delete all the paused print jobs.
- If the printer status is offline or pending, there should be no checkmark next to the Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline options.
- If the Epson M2140 printer is not selected, set it as the default printer for printing.
Epson m2140 Paper Jam
Paper jam in the front cover
- Lower the front cover followed by the output switch lever.
- Hold the jammed paper tightly and pull it out without any tear.
- Close the output switch lever followed by the front cover.
Paper jam in the rear paper feed slot
Locate the jammed paper in the paper feed slot and remove it.
Paper jam inside the printer
- Open the Epson M2140 printer cover.
- Clear the jammed paper as well as torn pieces of paper from the inside of the printer.
- Close the printer cover properly.
Paper jam in the rear cover
- Remove the printer’s rear cover and clear the jammed paper.
- Also, pull out the jammed paper from the rear cover.
- Close the rear cover.
Epson m2140 Paper Feed Problem
- Check if the printer is placed on a flat surface.
- Ensure that you are using only the manufacturer recommended paper.
- Make sure the paper size and paper type settings in the printer program match the paper’s size and type that you load in the paper cassette.
- You should not load paper beyond the maximum paper limit.
- Lastly, clean the roller inside the printer.
Epson m2140 Reset
- On the Epson M2140 printer’s control panel, select the Settings option followed by the Restore Default Settings option.
- Choose the Clear All Data and Settings option.
- This will restore all the control panel settings to their defaults. If you need remote assistance to perform Epson M2140 setup, click the call button available on the screen.