Fix: EPSON PRINTER BLACK INK NOT PRINTING PROPERLY
You expect your Epson printer to print properly. But, when it does not do so or meet your requirements, your work could get interrupted. No problem. Sometimes, it happens. It can be resolved with the solutions given in this post.
How to fix the printing problem caused by your Epson printer?
- At first, you need to ensure that the printer is turned on. Due to unplugged power cords, you’ll not be able to print black color documents. So, disconnect the power cord and reconnect it.
- Additionally, print a nozzle check pattern using the printer control panel and check the results from it. You need to check the print head nozzle using the product control panel.
- Initially, make sure that there are no errors displayed on the LCD screen. Insert the paper into your Epson printer’s paper tray.
- On the printer control panel, press the Home button. Continue to select the Maintenance button. Press OK and then select the Nozzle Check option.
- Continue to press the Start button. The nozzle pattern prints. Check the print quality, and if necessary, continue to perform the on-screen instructions to clean the print head. Here’s how to clean the print head.
- Using the Epson printer control panel, you’ll be able to clean the print head. On the control panel, select the Home button.
- Navigate to the Maintenance screen and press the OK button. Now, continue to select the Head Cleaning option and then press OK.
- Next, you’ll need to select the Start button to begin the print head cleaning process. Additionally, you’ll need to choose the Nozzle Check option and then press the OK button. Now, you need to check if the print head is cleaned properly or not. This could fix the “black ink not printing properly” problem.
Alternatively, you’ll be able to clean the print head using the Computer Utility.
This could resolve the problem related to the printing issue with your Epson printer.
- To begin with, you need to make sure that the printer control panel has no errors. Check if you’ve inserted the paper into the paper tray.
- On your Windows computer, right-click the printer icon and then select Head Cleaning.
- Now, click the Start button to begin the cleaning cycle. Check the pattern by clicking the Print Nozzle Check Pattern option.
- Finally, click Finish. Additionally, do a power cleaning using the printer control panel and, of course, with the computer utility.
- Sometimes, if the Epson printer is supplied with supersized ink tanks or ink cartridges, you’ll have to ensure that there are no empty ink cartridges or ink tanks. You need to make sure that the Epson printer is actually having some black ink to print the document. Replace the ink cartridge or refill the ink tanks so that you’ll be able to avoid the black ink not printing properly problem. For instance, look at the following section if your printer is supplied with supersized ink tanks.
Refilling ink tanks:
Note: Depending upon the Epson printer model, the steps may vary.
- At first, turn on the product and then make sure that you lift the scanner unit.
- The ink tank will be located on the right of the Epson printer. You need to now open the ink tank cover followed by the ink tank cap.
- Take the new black color ink bottle package. Remove all the protective tapes from it. Now, you’ll need to make sure that you keep the ink bottle standing upright. Wait until the ink tank fills completely. Now, ensure that there are no errors and the issue is resolved.
You don’t know what exactly the problem is and why your printer is not printing in black. So, reinstall the printer driver to rectify the issue.
- On your Windows computer, navigate to the Programs and Features option. Continue to select your Epson printer.
- Click Uninstall.
- If prompted, continue with the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure of removing the printer driver. Additionally, remove the printer from the Devices list as well.
- Now, you’ve completed the process of removing the printer driver from your computer. It’s time to download the printer driver again from the official Epson website. Go to the Epson Software and Driver Downloads page and choose the appropriate and updated printer driver to download.
- Resume the printing process and ensure that it is clear with sharp texts.
The document that you print does not meet your expectations at times. You can resolve it by canceling all the stalled print jobs. Here’s how to do it.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu.
- Select the Hardware and Sounds option.
- Navigate to the Devices and Printers section.
- In that section, locate and right-click the printer icon.
- Select See what’s printing.
- Go to the Printer menu and then select Cancel All Documents. By deleting the stalled print jobs, the current print job will be sent again from your computer to the printer. So, this procedure might help your Epson printer to print in black. If it does not solve the problem, move on to the next section.
You need to check the print settings. By mistake, you would have chosen the settings wrongly.
Verifying the print settings
- Open the application you want to print from and then click File.
- Click Print and then navigate to the Properties dialog box.
- Here, check the paper type, print quality, paper size, and then select the Grayscale option.
- Cross-check the settings. Finally, click Print.
That’s it. Your Epson printer will print the document. Apply the above solutions to fix the “Epson printer not printing black” issue so that you’ll not have any errors in the future.