Steps: Epson Printer Driver won’t Install Windows 10
The Windows OS is designed to automatically search through the known driver files when you plug a USB cable into a PC and try to install your Epson printer. The installation succeeds if it finds a matching driver. When the Epson printer driver won’t install Windows 10 due to some reasons, the printer becomes inoperable from the computer. Try these solutions if there is a problem while installing the Epson printer driver on your Windows computer.
- Check if the Epson printer is switched on. Make sure the USB cable is connected properly between the PC and the Epson printer.
- If you still have the installation problems, disconnect the cable and switch off the printer and the PC.
- After some time, switch on the printer and the PC and try to install the printer driver. Check if the issue is resolved.
- Check whether the system meets the requirements for your operating system.
- Close all the programs, including the virus protection software and screen savers. Install the Epson printer software again. Check if doing this resolves the installation problem.
- Check whether the printer is chosen as the default printer and the correct port is displayed in the printer properties.
- You may not have the installation privileges if your software does not install correctly on Windows or the “Epson printer driver won’t install Windows 10” error messages occur again.
- Try installing the drivers using the setup CD provided with the printer.
- Check if the Epson Printer driver appears in the Device Manager menu.
- If you cancel the plug-and-play driver installation before the installation completes, either the Epson printer driver or the USB printer device driver may be incorrectly installed.
Steps to Check the Installation of your Epson Printer:
- Step 1: Switch on the Epson printer and plug the USB cable into the PC and the printer.
- Step 2: Locate the My computer icon on your desktop and right-click on it. Then, choose the Properties option.
- Step 3: Choose the Device Manager tab. EPSON USB Printer Devices will be displayed in the Device Manager menu if your drivers are correctly installed.
- Step 4: Click the plus (+) sign beside Other Devices to view the installed devices if you cannot see the EPSON USB Printer in the Device Manager menu.
- Step 5: The USB printer device driver is not installed correctly if USB Printer appears under Other Devices. The printer driver is installed correctly if you can see the EPSON printer.
- Step 6: Click Refresh or unplug the USB cable from the printer and replug it into the correct port.
- Step 7: Click the printer name under Other Devices and click the Remove option. Then choose the Ok button.
- Step 8: Unplug the USB cable from the printer. Plug it into the printer again.
- Step 9: When the next dialog box appears, install the Epson printer driver again by following the instructions in the Setup guide.
The installation process will indicate when to plug the printer into the computer. If you are downloading the driver from the website, then make sure it is compatible with your operating system.
To avoid Epson printer driver won’t install Windows 10 error, install the best software from this site. Click the Driver Download button and download the suitable driver on your Windows device. Install the driver using the installation instructions given below.
Steps to Install the Downloaded Driver on your Windows 10:
- Step 1: When you click the Download button, the compatible driver downloads on your device in the Download’s folder.
- Step 2: Open the downloaded file from the Download’s folder and start the installation.
- Step 3: Agree to the installer’s terms and conditions and proceed with the prompts.
- Step 4: When prompted to choose the connection type of your device, choose either Wired or Wireless connection.
- Step 5: Continue with the prompts and complete the driver installation. Now, the driver is installed on your Windows device.
- Step 6: If the driver installation is complete, then the problem is resolved, and you can start using the printer easily. You can now perform printing tasks without any trouble.
- Step 7: If there is a problem with installing the Epson printer driver from this site, dial the toll-free number displayed on this page. Our technical team will provide you remote assistance in troubleshooting the Epson printer driver won’t install Windows 10 issue.