EPSON PRINTER KEEPS SAYING REPLACE CARTRIDGE
Follow the guidelines given below to replace the cartridge error.
- Open the printer head and cartridge covers. Remove and reinstall the cartridges.
- Make sure to place the cartridges in such a way that they click into place properly.
- The Epson genuine cartridges are recommended since the other cartridges require an extra force for installing.
- Close the cartridge and printer head covers. Press the Ink button.
- If the error is not solved, repeat the same process.
- Remove all the ink cartridges, check whether the cartridge chips are clean and free from ink deposits.
- If there is dust or dirt present on the chips, wipe it with a damp cloth and dry it before fixing it.
- Turn OFF the printer and turn it ON without the cartridges installed.
- Close the printer lid and check whether it recognizes the “No Cartridge installed” error. If this error is found, it is not a printer fault.
- Fix the ink cartridges in their respective slots tightly and move it down until you hear a click sound. This ensures proper fitting of the cartridge.
- Use only genuine cartridges. Press the Ink button.
- If there is no error shown even after installing these cartridges, this clearly indicates the cartridges or chips not recognized issue.
- If the same replace cartridge error is shown while installing the genuine cartridges, remove the cartridges. Turn OFF the printer and check the chip contacts.
- Contacts are thin gold plated wires. These wires will corrode over time and bend/pulled off while the cartridge is removed. In such cases, the printer should be given a service.
- If the chip contacts are not damaged, wipe it with a damp cloth and dry it. Reinstall the cartridges.
- Check if the issue has been resolved.