Epson Printer Setup On Mac
Setting up an Epson printer on your Mac computer is very simple if you follow the quick steps given on this page. Before Epson printer setup on Mac, ensure that you have completed the basic printer settings like unpacking, paper loading, and ink installation.On your Mac, verify whether you have disabled the firewall software. Also, check whether you have a standard Internet connection.You can set up the printer driver using Epson Connect Printer Setup, Apple Software Updater (built-in tool), or Installer file (downloaded from the official Epson site).
Using the Apple Software Updater Tool:
- First, connect your Epson printer to the Mac computer using a standard USB cable.
- Otherwise, you can connect the printer and the computer wirelessly to the same wireless network.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu available at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select System Preferences from the pull-down menu and click on Printers & Scanners.
- Click the Add icon on the left-side panel and select the Add Printer or Scanner option.
- Choose your printer from the displayed list and click the Use drop-down menu.
- Select the printer’s name from the drop-down list and click the Add button.
- Now, the printer driver will be installed automatically.
- Once installed, you will get the printer driver listed in the Printers & Scanners window.
- To verify the printer connection, print a test page.
Using Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility:
- On your Mac, download and run the Epson Connect Printer Setup utility.
- On the Epson Connect welcome screen, click Continue.
- Agree to the EULA and click the Continue.
- Click Agree and choose your installation type.
- Click the Install button and select Close once the installation completes.
- Choose your printer’s name from the displayed list and click Next.
- Select the Printer Registration option and click Next.
- Click OK when you see the Register a printer to Epson Connect message.
- Select the terms and conditions checkbox and click Next.
- Create an Epson Connect account and click the Finish button.
- Click Close and activate the Scan To Cloud and Remote Print services.
- Now, you completed the Epson printer setup on Mac process successfully.