Epson Printer Setup Error 1131
Most people choose Epson printers due to their user-friendly interface, low-cost printing, and quality printing. Printer driver errors are one of the most common errors that users experience with their Epson printers. The error generally occurs when a user tries to reinstall Windows or install Windows updates. If the Epson printer setup error 1131 does not get fixed in time, then it may lead to more significant problems like hardware failure, loss of data, and system crashes. Till now, you would have got some idea that printer setup errors are common and can occur to any user. So, without further ado, let’s jump straight to your question – Epson Printer Setup Error 1131.
CAUSES OF THE ERROR 1131:
- A minor to a major glitch with the configuration of devices (Computer and Epson printer).
- Incorrect configuration between the drives.
- Incompatible connections between the devices can lead to error 1131.
- Malware attacks are one of the common reasons for printer driver errors.
SYMPTOMS OF EPSON ERROR 1131:
- The system becomes slow.
- Inappropriate actions to the given commands.
- Application and files hang frequently.
- Sudden shut down issues.
- Installation errors.
DIFFERENT METHODS TO FIX THE PRINTER ERROR 1131
Till now, we have discussed the causes and symptoms that users face in real-time. Follow the below methods in an orderly manner to get rid of the Epson Printer Setup Error 1131.
METHOD 1: UPDATE YOUR COMPUTER OS:
- Go to the Start button.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- If you manually want to check the updates, then select Check for updates.
- Click on the Install Updates option.
- Windows will start updating to the latest OS version available for your PC.
- Once the update is over, you need to check whether the printer setup error 1131 persists or is gone.
METHOD 2: SYSTEM RESTORE TO AN EARLIER DATE:
You can try this method, and it has proven to be fruitful in many situations.
- Press the Windows + Q keys to open the Windows Search bar.
- Go to the Settings page.
- Click on the Recovery icon and select System Restore.
- Choose an earlier date where your PC and Epson printer worked fine without any issues.
- Finally, restart your computer to reflect the changes.
METHOD 3: UPDATE THE PRINTER DRIVERS:
- Click on the Start icon.
- Type Control Panel in the search bar.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select Category as small icons.
- Choose Device Manager.
- Choose the printing device (Epson printer).
- Right-click on the Epson printer and click Update driver.
- Wait for some time so that the update completes successfully.
METHOD 4: REINSTALL THE PRINTER DRIVERS:
If the driver update hasn’t worked out for you, then reinstall the printer drivers.
- Go to Start and open the Control Panel window.
- Go to Devices and Printers and choose your Epson printer.
- Uninstall the printer drivers and their traces from your PC.
- Reboot your system.
- Go to the printer support page and download the latest printer drivers.
Note: Make sure that you download the printer drivers that are suitable for your Operating System.
- Once the printer drivers are downloaded, follow the on-screen instructions to install them.
- On the Connection Type screen, choose any of the connection types (Wired and Wireless).
- Once you have made the connection between the printer and your computer, check whether the Epson Printer Setup Error 1131 exists or not.