Fix: Epson Printer Windows 10 Driver Unavailable
Many Epson users encounter the “Printer driver unavailable” error on their Windows 10 computers. Epson printer users also come across this error. This Epson printer Windows 10 driver unavailable issue might arise because of the prolonged usage of your Epson printer. Missing or corrupt files on your Windows 10 computer might also cause this problem. In some situations, a newly-installed program could result in the “Printer driver unavailable” error message on your Windows 10 computer.
This error can prevent your Epson printer from printing your documents. This will ultimately disrupt your work, which can be very frustrating.
Now, try carrying out the basic troubleshooting tips given here to solve the problem:
- Disconnect your Epson printer from your Windows 10 computer and then reconnect it.
- Power off the printer. Then power it on once again.
- Try restarting your computer and the printer at the same time.
- Try using an alternate USB port on your Windows 10 computer.
If you find that the above methods refuse to work, you can go for the detailed troubleshooting methods provided below.
So, to resolve the “Epson printer Windows 10 driver unavailable” issue, try using the following methods on your Windows 10 computer:
Method 1-Installing Pending Windows Updates:
One common reason behind the issue might be that your computer could be outdated. Users recommend the installation of the pending Windows updates to rectify the problem. To do the same, make use of the following steps:
- First, you have to click on the Start icon on your computer. Find and then select the Check for Updates option. When you choose this option, Windows will begin searching for the available updates.
- If you find that updates are available, you have to click on the Install Update button from the list that displays on your screen.
- When you see the confirmation pop-up window, click on the OK button located in the window two times.
Method 2-Updating the Epson printer drivers:
The “Epson printer Windows 10 driver unavailable” problem might arise because of an outdated driver. You can easily update the printer drivers on your Windows 10 computer. To do the same, make use of the instructions given here:
- First, you need to click the Start icon on your computer.
- Next, type in “device manager” (without the quotes) and press the Enter key.
- Under Device Manager, expand the Printers menu and then right-click on your Epson printer.
- From the displayed options, choose Update driver.
- The Update Drivers (along with your Epson printer name) window will now pop up. In the window, select the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Now, you just have to allow Windows 10 to search for the latest drivers for your Epson printer and install them. When the driver installation is completed successfully, you will see a notification on your screen.
- When you see a prompt to restart your computer, do the same.
Your problem should be resolved by now, and you will be able to print your documents without any problem.
You have now fixed the “Epson printer Windows 10 driver unavailable” error.