Fix: EPSON PRINTER WON’T CONNECT TO WIFI MAC
“Is your Epson printer not connecting to Mac over a wireless network?” If yes, try these simple troubleshooting instructions to fix it.
As the first step of troubleshooting the “Wi-Fi network” problem, check whether the wireless router or access point you’re using is turned on. If not, turn it on, and then try to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Secondly, check to ensure that your printer, Mac computer, and wireless router are not placed so far from each other.
- Similarly, ensure that the printer and your router are not placed closer to the devices like a microwave oven that can block the signal from one device to another.
- Make sure that your wireless router is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Restart all the devices if necessary.
- Ensure that your Mac computer meets the system requirements of the Epson printer.
Advanced troubleshooting solutions
- If the simple solutions given above don’t fix the “Epson printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi Mac” problem, try the following methods.
- Use “Epson Connect Printer Setup:” You can use this utility to connect your printer and the computer over a wireless network easily and quickly. Download the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility for Mac and run it on your computer. Perform on-screen instructions to complete the wireless setup.
- Updating your macOS: Sometimes, an outdated OS can also lead to these kinds of problems. Open the System Preferences screen. Select the Software Update option. Now, if the latest version of the Mac OS update is available, you can find the Update Now or Upgrade Now button beside the OS version. Click the Update Now or Upgrade Now button to install the latest version of the software on your computer.
- Updating the printer driver: Similarly, running or using an outdated printer driver can also cause these kinds of problems. Check and update the latest version of the printer driver on your Mac computer. To do so, on the System Preferences screen, click the Printers & Scanners option. Select your Epson printer and click Options & Supplies. Go to the General tab. In this section, you can find the current version of your printer driver; note it down if necessary. If you find the current version of the printer driver is old or outdated, then download and install the latest version manually on your computer or use the Epson Software Updater tool to perform the same.
- Disabling the security software: If you have installed or enabled a security software on your Mac computer, you have to disable it temporarily. And then, try to connect your printer to the computer over a wireless network. Locate the installed antivirus application icon in the Menu bar of your Mac computer. Select and right-click on the icon. Choose the Disable or Stop option followed by Yes or Confirm.
Contact our technical experts if you need to know more about how to fix the “Epson printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi Mac” problem.