Fixed: Epson Printer won’t Print after Windows 10 Update
To access your Epson printer from a Windows 10 computer connected to it, you should install the printer driver on the computer. But sometimes, when the computer is updated, the printer would stop functioning. You can make use of the troubleshooting steps given below to fix the Epson printer won’t print after Windows 10 Update issue.
Power cycle the Epson Printer
- Turn off the Epson printer and remove the power cord from it as well as from the electrical outlet.
- Leave it for 30 seconds.
- Again, plug the power cord into the rear port of the printer and the electrical outlet.
Resetting the Print Spooler
- Enter Services in the Windows search bar.
- Navigate to the Standards tab, search for the Print Spooler service, and double-click it.
- Click Stop -> OK.
- Delete all the files in the ‘%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers, select %WINDIR%\system32\spool\PRINTERS’ location.
- Return to the Services window.
- Double-click the Print Spooler service and click Start.
- Choose Automatic from the Startup Type menu and select the OK option.
Set the Default Printer
- In the Printers & scanners window, choose the Epson printer and click the Open queue option.
- Select the ‘Set As Default Printer’ option and deselect the ‘Pause Printing’ and ‘Use Printer Offline’ options.
Deleting the Print Queue
- Select the printer under the Printers & scanners section and click Print queue.
- Navigate to the Document Name section, select the print job that you need to delete, and click the Cancel button.
Re-install the Epson Printer
- Navigate to the Settings screen on the Windows 10 computer.
- Click the Devices option followed by the Printers and Scanners tab.
- Go to the Printers & scanners section, choose your Epson printer, and click the Remove Device button.
- Once done, return to the Printers & scanners window and click the Add a printer or scanner button.
- Choose the printer name and click the Add device button. Follow the instructions to add your printer to the computer.
Restarting your Windows 10 computer
Restart the Windows 10 computer and check if the Epson printer won’t print after Windows 10 Update issue has been resolved.