Epson Scanner Guidance
How to Scan using Printer’s Control Panel?
Users have the option to scan to a memory device or to their computer by making use of the printer’s control panel.
- Load the original document/photo on the epson scanner glass. In case, you want to scan a 2-sided document, place the input paper into the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder).
- If needed, press the Home button.
- Click on the Scan button.
- From the list of options, select any one of the Scan to options according to your need.
- Click on Presets or tap on the Preset button to save the settings you have made.
- Perform one of the following tasks:
- If you are scanning the document to your computer, choose the computer, change the format and select 2-sided setting if needed.
- In you are scanning to a memory device, click on Settings to show the additional scanning options.
How to Scan a File in Epson Printer?
- Click on the Scan icon or the Scan option on the Epson scanner window. The File Save Settings window appears.
- Select the destination folder in which you want your scanned image to be saved.
- Click on Edit to modify the default name of the scanned image. You can select the name from the list of options available.
- To change the file format, choose the options in the Image Format Type menu. If you want to go to additional settings, tap on the Options button.
- Click on the OK option. (The following window opens up if you have chose PDF/Multi-TIFF as the Type setting)
- From the options that are displayed on a screen, choose anyone.
- Save File: Use this option if you are scanning only one page.
- Add Page: Click on this option if you want to scan extra pages i.e. more than one. Make required changes in the settings.
- Edit Page: Select this option if you wish to delete the pages that you have scanned.
How to Scan using the Epson Scan icon?
- Windows 8: Go to the Apps screen and choose EPSON Scanner under the tab EPSON/EPSON Software.
- Windows: Start All Programs/Programs – -> EPSON/EPSON Software EPSON SCAN.
- OS X: Navigate to the Applications folder and then click on the Epson Software folder. Now, double click on the EPSON Scan icon to scan the document/photo.
How to fix Epson Scanner Issue?
Scanning software does not operate correctly Try any one of the following solutions when your scanning software does not work properly.
Step 1: Your computer should have enough memory space and should meet the system requirements for the operating system you use.
Step 2: When your scanning software is not responding properly, check if your device is not running in a power-saving mode like sleep or standby. If it is on power-saving mode, take your device off the power saver mode and restart the scanning software.
Step 3: Make sure you reinstall the Epson Scanner software as and when you upgrade your operating system for your system.