Notice: Undefined index: dir in /www/wwwroot/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson Stylus C88
Epson Stylus C88 Setup
Epson Stylus C88 is a single-function inkjet printer that supports only the printing function. The Epson printer uses the On-demand inkjet printing method to deliver high-quality prints at a short time. To perform the Epson Stylus C88 setup, carry out the simple steps given below.
Unpack your printer
- Check if the Epson CD-ROM, power cable, ink cartridges, paper support manual are included in the printer box.
- Peel off all the blue tapes from the outside and inside of the Epson Stylus C88 printer.
Turn on your printer
- Take the power cable and connect it between the printer’s rear port and an electrical outlet.
- On the top panel, press the Power button to turn on the printer.
Install the ink cartridges
- Open the output tray followed by the top cover.
- Lift the ink cartridge cover.
- Shake the black ink cartridge and remove it from the package.
- Insert the unpacked ink cartridge into the holder correctly.
- Perform the same to insert the cyan, magenta, and yellow ink cartridges in their slots.
- Close the ink cartridge cover followed by the top cover.
- To charge the ink, press the Ink button. It might take up to a maximum of 2 minutes to finish the ink charging process.
- Attach the paper support to the Epson Stylus C88 setup’s rear side.
- Pull the output tray extension out from the printer.
- Move the left edge guide and place some paper against the right edge guide.
- Now, adjust the left edge guide to fit the paper size correctly in the slot.
Install the printer software
- Place the Epson CD-ROM in the Windows computer’s CD drive.
- Review the license agreement and select the Agree option.
- Choose the Install driver for standard USB or parallel connection option.
- When the Printer Connection window opens, use a USB cable to establish a connection between the Windows computer and the Epson Stylus C88 printer.
- Click the Print Test Page option to print a test page.
- To install any additional printer software, click the Next option.
- Once done, click the Exit button.
- Now, the registration screen opens automatically. Carry out the prompts to register the printer.
- After the registration, remove the Epson CD and restart the Windows computer.
Epson Stylus C88 Driver
- To download the Epson Stylus C88 printer driver, click the Driver Download button provided on this page.
- You can even download it from the manufacturer website as per the following instructions.
- Access the official Epson web page and click the Downloads tab.
- Navigate to the Drivers section. Click Download next to the Printer Driver file.
Epson Stylus C88 Manual
- The two most commonly used manuals are Start Here Card and User’s Guide. To download them, access the official Epson web page.
- Click the Manuals and Warranty tab and download your Epson Stylus C88 setup manual.
- Alternatively, click the Manual Download button given on this page.
Epson Stylus C88 Wireless Printing
- Make sure you have performed the initial Epson Stylus C88 setup and installed the printer software.
- Place enough paper in the paper slot.
- Open a document to print and click the File tab followed by the Print option.
- Navigate to the Name drop-down menu and check if the Epson Stylus C88 printer is selected.
- Click Properties or Preferences. Navigate to the Main tab and specify your print preferences.
- Select the OK or Print option to begin printing.
- Go to the File menu and click the Page Setup option.
- Choose the Stylus C88 option from the Format for drop-down menu.
- Set your paper size and orientation and then click OK.
- Return to the previous window and then select the Print option.
- Choose Stylus C88 from the Printer drop-down menu.
- Once done with the print settings, click Print to start printing.
Epson Stylus C88 Reset
- On the Epson Stylus C88 setup’s control panel, press the Power button and hold it for five seconds.
- After the Power LED blinks twice, press the Power button again.
- This will turn off the Epson Stylus C88 printer.
- Disconnect the printer’s power cable from the power source.
- Reconnect it after 20 seconds and then turn on the printer.
Epson Stylus C88 Setup Troubleshooting
Usually, Epson printers function well, but over time, you may experience issues with it. Some issues may also occur frequently. Below are the two commonly occurring Epson Stylus C88 printer problems and their troubleshooting steps. If required, you can get help from our technical experts.
Epson Stylus C88 Printer Won’t Print
- First, check if the Epson Stylus C88 setup is turned on.
- Ensure that the interface cable (USB or Ethernet) is appropriately connected between the printer and your computer.
- Note that the printer will not print if it is tilted.
- Try to print again. If the problem persists, continue with the following steps.
Run a printer check
- Turn off the printer and the computer. Remove the interface cable between these two devices.
- Load enough paper into the printer’s paper slot.
- Hold the Paper button. Press and release the Power button. After the Power LED starts to flash, release the Paper button.
- If a test page prints successfully, the problem is with the printer software. In such a case, you have to re-install the correct printer software.
- If you hear the print sound, but the printer is not printing, the problem might be with the print head.
Check the print head nozzle
- Make sure the Epson Stylus C88 setup is on. Check if the Ink LED is blinking. If so, you have to replace the ink cartridges.
- If the LED is stays lit, you can proceed with the steps that follow.
- On your Windows computer, go to the taskbar and right-click the printer icon.
- Select the Nozzle Check option followed by the Print option.
- If you see gaps on the printed page, perform a head cleaning.
- Print a nozzle check pattern page and if there are no lines or gaps, click the Finish button.
Epson Stylus C88 Two Flashing Red Lights
If the Paper and Ink LEDs are blinking in red alternatively, and at the same time, the Power LED is off, the paper might be blocking the movement of the print head.
- To resolve this issue, first turn off the Epson Stylus C88 printer and raise its top cover.
- Remove the jammed paper and foreign objects, if any, from the inside of the printer.
- Power up the Epson Stylus C88 setup again and check if the issue has been resolved.