Notice: Undefined index: dir in /home/printers/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Setup
The Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer uses the pressurized on-demand inkjet printing technology. The print resolution is up to a maximum of 2880 * 1440 dpi. This printer supports only the USB and Ethernet connectivity interfaces. The quick steps for Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup are provided below.
- Make sure you have a power cord, CD-ROM, User’s Guide, Ink cartridges, rear sheet guide, and limited warranty included in the printer box.
- Remove all the protective tapes and packing materials from the outside and inside of the printer.
- Plug the power cord into the printer’s rear port and a wall outlet. Press the Power button on the control panel.
- Wait until the ink cover releases automatically.
- Install all the 9 ink cartridges in their ink slots. Once done, close the ink cover. The printer begins to charge the ink, and it might take up to 8 minutes to complete Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup.
- After the ink charging process, you will see the Ready message on the display panel.
- Install the printer software using the CD-ROM.
- Place your paper in the auto sheet feeder or manual feed slot.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Driver For Mac
- Turn on the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer and your Mac computer.
- Use a USB cable for connecting the printer’s USB port and your computer’s USB port.
- Download the printer driver from the official Epson website or this page.
- You can see the downloaded file in the computer’s Downloads folder by default.
- Double-click the file and carry out the instructions on the screen to install the printer driver.
- After you register the printer, restart the Mac computer.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Driver For Windows
- First, ensure the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer is not connected to your computer.
- Access the official Epson website and download the printer driver. Alternatively, download it from this page.
- Locate the file and double-click it. Proceed with the instructions on the computer screen.
- When prompted, connect the printer to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once done with the installation, close the installation wizard.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Wireless Setup
- Epson Stylus Pro 3880 does not support the wireless connectivity interface.
- To connect the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup to a network, follow the steps.
Connect to a network
- First, the printer must be turned off.
- Connect a network cable between the printer’s Ethernet port and your network switch or your computer’s Ethernet port.
- Power up the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer.
Configure the network interface
- Press the Menu button. Select Network Setup -> Enable. Press the Enter button.
- Return to the previous screen. Select the IP Address Setting option.
- Choose Auto, Panel, or Ping and press Enter.
- If you select Auto, press the Cancel/Reset button. Turn off the Epson printer and then turn it on.
- If you have selected the Panel option, set the IP address, Subnet mask, and Default gateway. Close the printer menu and turn off the printer. Turn it on after a few seconds.
Install the printer software
- Use the printer software CD to install the Epson printer software on the computer.
Replace Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Ink Cartridge
- If the Ink LED is red and the display panel shows the Replace Ink Cartridge message, press the up arrow button on the control panel to release the ink cover.
- If the Ink LED is blinking and the display panel shows the Ink Low message, press the up arrow button and hold it for about 3 seconds to release the ink cover.
- Lift-open the ink cover. Locate the ink cartridge you need to replace and then press the ink eject button. Remove the ink cartridge.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge and shake it. Place it in the cartridge slot.
- Close the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup’s ink cover and check if you see the Ready message on the display panel.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Print Head Replacement
- Open the front cover. Remove all the ink cartridges from the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer.
- Use the screwdriver to remove the screws that are surrounding the print head.
- Take out the used print head. Unpack a new print head and place it correctly.
- Put the screws and place all the ink cartridges in the holder.
- Close the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup’s front cover.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Print Setup
- Make sure the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer is turned on.
- Flip the paper guide. Pull out its extensions as you require.
- Press the front cover and open the output tray.
- Load some paper into the auto sheet feeder.
- Move the edge guides against the loaded paper.
- Open an application followed by the file to print. To launch the Print window, click Print in the application.
- Make sure the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup is selected. Click Properties or Preferences.
- Set the following print settings.
- Media type – Select the type of your media.
- Color – Select the Color option for photographic printing. Select the Advanced B&W Photo for black and white printing.
- Print Quality – Choose the Speed or Quality option.
- Mode – Select Automatic or Custom.
- Source – Choose Sheet, Manual – Rear, or Manual – Front.
- Size – Select your paper size. If your paper size is not in the list, choose User Defined to customize the paper size.
- Orientation – Select Portrait or Landscape.
- Reduce/Enlarge – To resize your image.
- Click OK to start printing.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Canvas Printing
- Place the Epson Exhibition Canvas Matte or Epson Premium Canvas Matte paper in the feeder.
- Open a file to print and launch the Printing Preferences window.
- Choose Epson Exhibition Canvas Matte or Epson Premium Canvas Matte from the Media Type drop-down menu.
- Set other required print preferences and then click OK.
- The Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup prints the file.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Borderless Printing
- Load a paper in the printer’s auto sheet feeder.
- Open a file for printing.
- Click the Print option. Check if the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer is selected.
- To open the Printing Preferences window, click the Properties or Preferences button.
- In the Main tab, navigate to the Paper Settings section. Select the Borderless checkbox.
- Click Expansion. Select the radio button beside the Auto Expand or Retain Size option.
- Select the OK option to return to the Main tab.
- Set other necessary print settings.
- Once you click OK, the printer performs borderless printing.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Firmware Update
- First, ensure the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup is turned on.
- Establish a connection between the printer and your computer using a USB or Ethernet cable.
- Now, download the most recent version of the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer firmware from the official Epson website.
- Double-click the downloaded file to extract it.
- Locate the Epson LFP Remote Panel icon and double-click it.
- To open Firmware Updater, double-click the Firmware Updater icon.
- Navigate to the Update Printer Firmware section. Click Browse and choose the downloaded firmware file.
- Click Update to update the printer’s firmware.
- Once done, close the Firmware Updater window followed by the LFP Remote Panel window.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Setup Troubleshooting
Some printer problems occur commonly. To avoid any complicated issues, refer to the User’s Guide manual before operating the printer. A few of the frequently occurring Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer problems and their troubleshooting instructions are given on this page. You can even get assistance from our support members.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Offline
- Check if the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup is turned on.
- Make sure a USB cable is firmly connected between the printer and your computer.
- On the computer, launch Settings and click the Devices option.
- Navigate to Printers and Scanners. Right-click the Epson printer icon and click See what’s printing.
- Go to Printer and remove the checkmark beside the Use Printer Online option.
- If there are any stalled print jobs, delete them.
- Remove the printer driver from the computer.
- Access the official Epson website and download the latest printer driver. Install it on the computer.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Paper Jam
- Turn off the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup.
Paper jam In the auto sheet feeder
- Remove the paper that is jammed in the output tray.
- If needed, open the printer’s top cover and clear the paper jam.
Paper jam in the manual feed slot
- Press the down arrow button to eject the sheet.
- Take out the jammed paper from the backside as well as from the front side of the printer.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Factory Reset
- First, turn off the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer.
- On the printer’s control panel, hold the Cancel/Reset and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once the printer turns on, you will see Maintenance Mode on the LCD panel.
- Select the Default Panel option and press Enter.
- This will restore all the printer settings to the defaults.
- Turn off the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup to exit Maintenance Mode.
- Lastly, turn on the printer to operate it in a normal mode.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Filter Failed
The Filter Failed error message occurs when you try to print from a Mac computer. To resolve this problem, follow the steps.
- Check if the macOS is not outdated.
- On your Mac computer, choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Select the Printers & Scanners option. Click Print & Scan or Print & Fax.
- Control-click anywhere on the screen and select the Reset printing system option.
- If it does not resolve the problem, remove the printer driver from the Mac computer. Download the most recent printer driver from the manufacturer website and install it.
- Try to print again.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Paper Feed Problems
- If the paper feed problem frequently occurs, perform the following steps.
- Do not load folded, wrinkled, or curled paper into the feeder.
- Ensure the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup is placed in an environment within the operational temperature range.
- Do not load the paper that is too thick or thin.
- Ensure that there are no foreign objects present inside the printer.
- The Media Type setting in the printer software should match the paper type you load into the feeder.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Print Head Cleaning Failure
- If the printer sounds like printing but nothing prints, you have to perform a print head cleaning.
- Sometimes, it might not resolve the problem. In such a case, you have to replace the ink cartridges on the Epson Pro 3880 printer.
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Not Printing Black
- Remove the power cable and USB cable from the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 setup.
- After a minute, reconnect the power cable and USB cable to the printer.
- Check if the ink cartridges are placed correctly in the holders. If necessary, re-install them.
- Make sure you have selected the Advanced B&W Photo option from the Color drop-down menu.
- Clean the print head and check if the problem resolves.