Epson Printer Troubleshooting Guidance
How to Check Epson Software Update?
It is essential to check the Epson’s support website regularly for the latest available software updates for your Epson printer. From the Home screen of your Epson printer, choose Download Latest Software to download the updated software and drivers. Check update Epson Printer Troubleshooting solution for Windows & Mac are following.
- Windows: Generally, your printer software checks for updates automatically. You can also check for updates manually by entering the Epson Software page from your windows computer. It is available in the Maintenance tab accessible through the Printer icon in Windows task bar.
- Macintosh (OS X): For Mac OS also updates are automatically installed on your Epson printer. You can also manually check for updates by clicking the EPSON Software Updater present in the Epson software folder under Applications.
How to Align Printhead using Control Panel?
- Go to Home - - > Setup - - > Maintenance - - > Print Head Alignment.
- If the vertical lines in your printout are misaligned, choose Vertical Alignment. Choose Horizontal Alignment if you spot horizontal bands in your printout.
- Click on the Color button to print an alignment sheet. (A series of screens asking you to choose the best square in each pattern is printed.)
- In the sheet, select the number which represents the best square for each set and then click on Proceed.
- When you are finished selecting the patterns, click Done.
How to Align Printhead using a Utility?
- Insert a stack of plain white paper in the paper tray.
- Depending on the operating system you use, perform one of the following options.
- Windows: Right click on the printer’s icon in the Windows task bar.
- OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9: Go to Apple menu – – > System Preferences – – > Printers & Scanners, Print & Fax or Print & Scan – – > Printer’s name – – > Options & Supplies – – > Utility – – > Open Printer Utility.
- OS X 10.5: Click on the Apple Menu and then select System Preferences – – > Print & Fax – – > Choose your printer’s name – – > Open Print Queue – – > Utility.
- Click on Print Head Alignment. Press the Next button.
- Select the Print option to print an alignment sheet.
- Cross check the printed pattern and then do one of the following.
- Choose pattern numbers for each set and click Next.
- If the patterns do not match in one or more sets, select the closest matching sets, and then click on Realignment. The printer prints another alignment sheet for the users to check.
- After completing the process, press Finish button
How to Run a Product Check?To check if your printer is running properly, do run a product check every fortnight.
- Firstly, disconnect the interface cables that are connected to your printer.
- Stack your paper tray with plain white paper.
- Click on the Home button and then select Setup.
- Select the Maintenance option.
- From the list of options available, choose Print Head Nozzle Check.
- Click on the Color button. The nozzle pattern of the printer is printed.
- After you receive the nozzle check pattern, do one of the following
- If the nozzle check pattern is complete, it means your printer is working properly.
- If the nozzle check pattern has gaps in it, do clean or align the print head of your printer.
- If the nozzle check pattern is not printed, check for other printer related issues.
How to fix Network Software cannot find Issue?
- Your printer must be switched on and connected to the wireless network. You can verify the connection using the printer’s control panel.
- Make sure your network name (SSID) does not contain non – ASCII characters.
- Now, reset your printer’s network settings to their default settings.
- If you are using Windows, uninstall the printer software.
- Read the router documentation and initialize your router.
- Download and install the latest product software from the Epson website or install the software from the CD which came with the printer. For more Epson Printer Troubleshooting guidance contact us.
Epson Printer Troubleshooting
On this page, you have some of the frequently occurring Epson printer problems along with their troubleshooting steps. If you have any doubts in resolving them, click the Call button to get technical assistance from our support members.
Can’t Find My Epson Wireless Printer
- Make sure the Epson printer is turned on.
- Check if both your printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network.
- If needed, set up the printer over the wireless network once again.
- Uninstall the current printer software and reinstall it as per the computer’s on-screen instructions.
- While installing, make sure to select the Wireless as the connection type.
Why is My Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages
The two main reasons why the Epson printer is printing blank pages are low ink and print settings.
To resolve the problem, do the following steps.
- Make sure to place the Epson printer on a flat surface since it won’t operate properly if it is tilted.
- Check the printer’s ink cartridge status. If the ink level is low, replace it with a new one.
- You have to use only the manufacturer recommended paper for your print.
- Print a nozzle check pattern on the printer. If the nozzles are clogged, clean the print head.
- Set the correct print settings (paper size, orientation, and layout) in the printer software.
- Check if the document (that you want to print) contains any blank pages. If so, you have to select the Skip Blank Page option in the printer software while setting the print preferences.
How Do I Factory Reset My Epson Printer
If you have any problems with printer settings, you can reset the printer and the steps for this are as follows.
- On the Epson printer’s control panel, press the Home button.
- Select the Setup option and navigate to Restore Default Settings.
- Choose one of these options.
- Wi-Fi/Network Settings
- Copy Settings
- Scan Settings
- Fax Settings
- Clear All Data and Settings
- Once you select the Yes option, the printer starts to reset the respective settings.
- Note: The Reset option varies depending on the printer model.
Why is My Epson Printer Not Printing
- Turn off the Epson printer and shut down your computer.
- Detach the printer’s power cable from the wall outlet.
- Make sure the interface cable is connected firmly between the printer and the computer.
- Reconnect the printer’s power cable to the wall outlet.
- Power up both the printer and the computer.
- To set the Epson printer as the default one, select Set AS Default in the Printers window on your computer.
- Try to run the head cleaning utility. If it does not work, replace the used ink cartridges with a new one.
Epson Printer Not Printing Correctly
If the printer is not printing correctly and you see a horizontal band, smear, or vertical misalignment on the printed sheet, carry out the following instructions to resolve the issue.
- Run a nozzle check pattern. If necessary, clean the print head.
- Try to print a test page.
- If the problem remains unsolved, you need to replace the ink cartridge.
- Make sure the paper is not damaged or too old.
- Check if the printable side of the paper is facing the correct direction.
Epson Printer Not Printing After Changing Ink
- Make sure you have removed the protective tape in the ink cartridge before installing it in the printer.
- Reset the ink cartridge counter.
- If you re-fill the ink cartridge instead of replacing it, the printer won’t print.
- Use a genuine Epson ink cartridge for the replacement.
Epson Printer Won’t Print Black Ink
- Turn off the Epson printer.
- Disconnect the printer’s power cable from the power source.
- Unplug the USB cable from the computer and the printer.
- After few minutes, re-establish the connection between the Epson printer and the computer using the USB cable.
- Re-plug the printer’s power cable to the power source and then turn on the printer.
- Print a test page.
- If the problem persists, check if the ink level in the black cartridge is low. If the black ink cartridge is damaged or its ink level is low, replace it.
- Clean the print head, if necessary.
Epson Printer Says Offline
The Offline error message can be caused by your Epson printer, computer, or wireless network. Follow these steps to resolve the offline problem.
- First, try to print a nozzle check pattern. If you cannot print it, check if there are any error messages on the printer’s LCD and fix the error messages.
- If you can print the nozzle check pattern, clear the stalled print jobs from the Print Queue on the connected computer.
- If the Use Printer Offline option is selected in the Printer window, deselect it.
- Check if the error has been resolved.
- If it persists, power cycle your router, then re-establish the connection between the printer and the router.
- Re-install the Epson printer software and restart the computer.
Epson Connect Cannot Find Printer
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- If you have connected the printer over a wireless network, both the printer and your computer must be connected to the same network.
- If you connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable, check if the USB cable is connected firmly.
- Once done, open the Epson Connect Printer Setup program and add the printer again.
Epson Printer Not Recognized Ink Cartridge
- Confirm that you have installed the genuine Epson ink cartridges in the printer.
- Check if the yellow tape on the ink cartridge has been removed.
- Sometimes, the ink cartridges might be placed incorrectly. In such cases, re-install the ink cartridges as mentioned in the following instructions.
- Open the scanner unit of the Epson printer followed by the ink cartridge cover.
- Take out the ink cartridges from the slot.
- Again, insert the ink cartridges properly in their slots.
Epson Printer Head Cleaning Doesn’t Work
Mostly, the head cleaning is done when the print quality has faded over time. You can perform the print head cleaning using the Head Cleaning utility or the control panel buttons.
If the head cleaning process doesn’t work properly, check if you have performed the correct steps as mentioned here.
Below are the steps to clean the print head using the Head Cleaning utility.
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Also, check if the Ink LED is turned off.
- Note: You cannot clean the print head if the Ink LED is blinking. In such cases, replace the ink cartridge first and then perform the print head cleaning.
- Launch the Epson printer software on your computer.
- Navigate to the Utility tab, select the Head Cleaning option, and continue with the on-screen steps.
- As soon as the Power LED stops blinking, click the Print Nozzle Check Pattern option in the Head Cleaning utility.
Epson Printer Wi-Fi Connection Problems
- Place the Epson printer within the range of your wireless router.
- Try to avoid placing any interfering objects like microwave oven, cordless phone, or large metal objects. Sometimes, the printer may not get connected to Wi-Fi if there are any access restrictions (MAC address filtering) configured on
- the router. If so, register the printer’s MAC address on the router.
- If your printer does not recognize the SSID of your router, you can enter the SSID manually to establish the connection.
- Make sure to provide the correct SSID and network key.
Epson Printer Not Connecting to Computer
- Power cycle the Epson printer.
- Unplug the USB cable from the printer’s USB port and the computer’s USB port.
- Check if the USB cable is damaged. If so, you have to use a new one for establishing the connection.
- Incomplete printer software might also be one of the reasons for the connection problem. So, uninstall the current printer software and re-install it as per the computer’s on-screen instructions.
Epson Printer Error Codes
Some of the most commonly occurring error codes and their solution are provided below.
Error code W-05
Solution – Load the paper again in the sheet feeder.
Error code W-02
Solution – Remove the jammed paper.
Error code W-04
Solution – Make sure to place the cartridge cover properly.
Error code W-10
Solution – Replace the ink cartridge.
Error code E-02
Solution – Turn off the Epson printer and turn it on again.
Error code E-01
Solution – Turn off the printer, clear the jammed paper, and then turn on the printer.