Notice: Undefined index: dir in /home/printers/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson WF 2850
Epson WF-2850 Setup
The Epson WF 2850 printer uses the 4-color drop-on-demand MicroPiezo Inkjet printing technology to perform the print, scan, copy and fax operations. To Epson WF-2850 setup, make use of the steps given below.
- Open the product box.
- Take the Epson printer and its components out of the box.
- Remove the packing tapes present inside and outside of the printer.
- Now, connect the printer into an electrical outlet using the power cord.
- Press the Power button on the printer’s control panel to turn it ON.
- Set the basic preferences as per your desire by following the instructions displayed on the printer’s screen.
- Open the scanner unit. Unpack the ink cartridges.
- Place the ink cartridges into their slots and close the scanner unit.
- Pull the rear paper support out of the printer. Insert a stack of plain paper in the paper support.
- Pull the output tray out of the printer.
- If you wish to use your printer for the Fax operation, connect a phone cord to your Epson WF-2850 setup and perform the prompts displayed on the device screen.
- Now, install the printer driver on your computer.
- Connect your printer to the computer over a wireless, Wi-Fi Direct, or a USB cable connection.
- Finally, try a test print.
Epson WF-2850 Driver Download
- Click the Driver Download button provided on this screen.
- Now, the Epson WF 2850 printer driver files available for your current OS will be downloaded.
- If you wish, you can also download the printer driver from the official Epson site.
Epson WF-2850 Manual Download
- Click the Manual Download button provided on this screen.
- Now, a soft copy of the Epson WF-2850 setup’s user guide will be downloaded on your computer.
- Like the printer driver, the user manual is also available for download in the official site of Epson.
Epson WF-2850 Driver Install
- Insert the setup-CD into your computer’s CD drive.
- Open the driver file by double-clicking on it.
- Make sure to connect your printer to the computer only when prompted during the installation process.
- Select the connection type and other options. Then, follow the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Once the printer driver is installed on your computer, perform a test print.
- Double-click on the downloaded printer driver file.
- If prompted, enter your Mac computer’s password in the given field.
- Choose the connection type of your desire in the installation wizard.
- Perform the instructions displayed to complete the installation.
- Finally, print a test page from the Mac computer.
Epson Wf 2850 Wifi Setup
- Open the Epson WF 2850 printer driver file on your Windows computer.
- Connect the computer to the same wireless network to which the printer is to be connected.
- Perform the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Choose the Wireless connection option on the Select Your Connection screen.
- Now, power on your Epson WF-2850 setup if it is turned OFF.
- Go to the Network Connection Settings screen by tapping the Wireless icon.
- Select Wi-Fi (Recommended) > Start Setup or Change Settings > Wi-Fi Setup Wizard. Choose your wireless network from the networks list and enter its password in the given field.
- Select the OK button. Once your Epson WF 2850 printer is connected to the wireless network, return to the driver installation wizard, and complete the remaining steps.
- Finally, try to perform a test print from your computer to the printer over the wireless network connection.
Guide: Change Ink Cartridge on Epson WF-2850
- Make sure that the Epson WF-2850 setup is turned ON.
- Once the ink cartridge is expended, you will see a message on the printer’s LCD screen prompting you to replace it.
- Select the Yes, replace now option to replace the cartridge.
- If you’re replacing the cartridge before you see this message, then go to Maintenance, select Ink Cartridge(s) Replacement > Next > Start.
- Now, open the scanner unit.
- Gently, take the expended cartridge out of the printer.
- Unpack the new cartridge, insert it into its slot and close the scanner unit.
- Now, try to perform a test print to check the print quality.
How to Connect Epson WF-2850 to Computer?
Using the Direct USB connection:
- First, get a USB cable that is compatible with your printer.
- Make sure not to connect the cable until prompted during the installation process.
- Now, run the driver installer file on your Windows computer.
- Accept the end-user license agreement and other conditions by clicking the I Agree or Accept button.
- When prompted, select Direct USB connection as the connection type and connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable.
- Complete the printer driver installation by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Steps: Epson WF-2850 How to Load Paper
- First, get a stack of plain paper.
- Make sure to load paper only after the printer completes the ink charging process.
- Now, pull out your Epson WF-2850 setup’s rear paper support.
- Move the edge guides to the ends.
- Load paper properly. Now, move the edge guides towards the paper.
- When prompted, select the paper settings as per your desire.
- Now, pull the output tray out of the printer.
How to Print on Epson WF-2850 Printer?
- Make sure the printer and the computer are connected. Also, load enough paper on the printer.
- On your computer, open the document you want to print.
- Go to the Printing Preferences dialog box.
- Select your printer and set other print preferences as per your desire.
- Click OK on the Printing Preferences dialog box.
- Now, the selected document will be printed by your printer.
Epson Wf 2850 Double Sided Printing
- Open the document to be printed on your Windows computer connected to the Epson WF-2850 setup.
- Click File > Print.
- On the Printing Preferences dialog box, select your printer if required.
- Select the ON option from the 2-sided printing drop-down menu.
- Now, click the Settings button.
- Set other printer preferences as per your needs.
- After configuring the print preferences, click the OK button.
- Now, the selected document will be printed.
How to Scan on Epson WF-2850?
Using the printer’s control panel:
- First, check if you have installed the necessary scan software on your computer.
- If not, install it first.
- Now, open the scanner cover and load the original document on it.
- Press the Home button.
- Select Scan > Computer, Cloud, or WSD.
- Set the scan preferences as per your desire.
- Finally, press the Start button.
- Now, the original document will be scanned by your printer.
Guide: Epson Wf 2850 Scan Double Sided
- Launch the Epson Scan software on your computer.
- Place the document you want to scan in the ADF feeder.
- Select the ADF-Double-sided option on the Epson Scan software screen.
- Set the scan preferences as per your desire and click OK.
- Now, the document will be scanned and saved on your computer
How to Fax With Epson WF-2850?
- Initially, make sure that you have configured the Fax settings on your Epson WF-2850 setup correctly.
- Now, place the document to be faxed on the printer’s scanner glass or in the ADF feeder.
- Press the Home button.
- Select the Fax option.
- Select or enter the fax recipients manually.
- Set the Fax settings as per your needs.
- Finally, press the Start button.
- Now, the document will be faxed to the recipient.
Epson WF 2850 Firmware Update
Using Epson Software Updater
- First, download and install the Epson Software Updater tool on your computer.
- Launch the Epson Software Updater tool.
- From the drop-down menu, select your Epson printer model.
- Now, if the latest firmware is available for your Epson WF-2850 setup, then it will be displayed on the screen.
- Click the checkbox beside the Firmware Updater option followed by the Install item(s) button.
- Complete the firmware update process by following the on-screen instructions.
Epson Wf-2850 Firmware Downgrade
- Download and install the Recovery Mode Firmware tool.
- Turn off your Epson printer if it is turned ON.
- Now, launch the Recovery Mode Firmware tool.
- Complete the firmware downgrade process by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Once the firmware is downgraded, power on your printer.
Epson WF-2850 Troubleshooting Guidance
Some of the common problems encountered by theEpson WF-2850 setup users are printer not printing, paper jam, setup problem, network problem, and printer offline. To get remote assistance on the same or the other printer issues, contact us.