Notice: Undefined index: dir in /www/wwwroot/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson Wf 2860
Epson WF-2860 Setup Assistant
The Epson WF 2860 printer is a multifunctional inkjet printer. One of the special features of this printer is it supports automatic duplex printing. If you are about to Epson WF-2860 setup for the first time, follow these steps.
- Unpack your printer and then take out the printer supplies.
- Remove all the protective tapes from the printer.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Turn the printer on by pressing the Power button after raising the touchscreen control panel.
- Choose your language, country, and time on the printer’s control panel.
- Next, proceed with the installation of the ink cartridges.
- Make sure to shake the black ink cartridge before unpacking it.
- Install the unpacked ink cartridges into the slots correctly without touching the copper-colored parts on the ink cartridges.
- Once installed, lower the scanner unit and select the Installed option on the touchscreen panel to begin charging the ink delivery system.
- Next, load some legal plain paper in the paper cassette and adjust the paper-width guides according to the loaded paper.
- Adjust the print quality and choose your paper settings by following the Epson WF-2860 setup’s control panel instructions.
- To use the printer to send documents by fax, connect the telephone line cord to your printer and configure the fax settings.
- Use the software installation disc (CD-ROM) supplied with your printer to install the printer software on your computer.
- After completing the driver installation, verify the printer functionality by printing a test page from the connected computer.
Epson WF-2860 Driver Download
You can download the Epson WF 2860 printer’s driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. Besides, you can download it from the official Epson site with the steps given below.
- Before starting, ensure that you have removed the previously installed Epson printer driver (if any).
- Visit the official Epson site and enter your printer’s model number in the Search By Product Name field.
- From the search result, choose your printer’s model number.
- On the next page, click the Downloads tab and choose your OS from the Operating System drop-down menu.
- Click the Download button beside the required printer driver.
- Once the printer driver is downloaded to the computer, run the installer to install the printer software.
Epson WF-2860 Manual Download
You can download the Epson WF-2860 setup’s manual by clicking the Manual Download button available on this page. Besides, you can download it from the official Epson site. Make sure to download the correct printer manual while downloading it from the official Epson site.
Epson WF-2860 Driver Installation
- The printer driver can be installed on your computer from the CD-ROM or downloaded printer driver package.
- Before starting, ensure that you have removed the previously installed Epson printer driver (if any).
- Close all the running programs and connect your printer to the local wireless network.
- Run the driver installation wizard and follow the on-screen prompts.
- On the Select Your Connection screen, choose any one of the following options.
- Wireless connection
- Direct USB connection
- Wired network connection
- Based on your selection, establish the connection between your printer and the computer.
- Once the connection is established, a confirmation message will appear on the installation wizard screen.
- You can verify the printer functionality by printing a test page remotely from your computer.
Epson WF-2860 Wireless Setup
- Before connecting your Epson WF-2860 setup to the wireless network, identify your network credentials (SSID and network key).
- Prepare your Wi-Fi router and computer to set up your printer over the wireless network.
- Verify whether you have completed the initial setup of the printer.
- On your computer, close all the running programs and get connected to your wireless network.
- Use the supplied CD-ROM to run the driver installation wizard.
- If the CD-ROM is not supported, download and run the printer driver.
- In the driver setup window, agree to the EULA and choose your installation components.
- Click Install to install the printer software and choose the Wireless connection option as your connection type.
- Establish the connection between your Epson WF-2860 setup and the Wi-Fi router and finish the driver installation with the help of the on-screen prompts.
Epson Workforce 2860 Print Setup
- First, you have to configure the basic print settings for your document on the connected computer.
- Open the print application.
- Press the Ctrl + P shortcut keys to open the Print dialog box.
- Choose your printer’s name from the drop-down menu and click the Properties or Preferences button to open the Printing Preferences window.
- Click the Main tab in the Printing Preferences window and configure the Document Size, Paper Type, Orientation, Print Quality, and other print settings.
- To view your document before printing, click the Print Preview button.
- Once you have configured the required print settings, click the OK button.
- Return to the Print dialog box and print a test page to verify your settings.
Epson Workforce 2860 Scan Setup
- You can scan a document and send a copy of it to various destinations using the Epson WF-2860 setup’s control panel.
- Before starting, ensure that you have properly installed the printer driver, Epson Event Manager, and Epson Scan utility on the connected computer.
- Next, place your original document on the scanner glass for scanning.
- Navigate to your printer’s control panel and press the Home button to initialize the scan settings.
- Select the Scan option and choose anyone of the following as your scan destinations.
- Computer (WSD)
- Once selected, proceed with the on-screen prompts to complete the scan setup.
How to Replace Ink Cartridge Epson WF-2860?
Replacing the ink cartridges in your Epson WF 2860 printer is very simple. Before you start, navigate to the printer’s control panel and follow the steps given below.
- Press the Home button and select the Maintenance option.
- Choose the Ink Cartridge(s) Replacement option and tap Next.
- Tap the Start button on the touchscreen panel and choose the How To option to know the ink replacement instructions.
- Next, lift the scanner unit and remove the ink cartridge that needs to be replaced.
- If you are replacing your black ink cartridge, shake the new cartridge gently before unpacking it.
- Install the new ink cartridge into the correct ink slot and close the scanner unit.
- On your Epson WF-2860 setup’s touchscreen control panel, select the Completed option to begin ink charging.
- Now, you have successfully replaced the ink cartridge.
How to Connect Epson WF-2860 to Computer?
- You can connect your Epson WF 2860 printer to your computer using the wired or wireless interfaces.
- To connect it wirelessly, use the steps given in the wireless setup section on this page.
- To connect it directly to your Windows computer, use a standard USB cable.
- Using the USB cable, you have to connect your printer’s USB port to the computer’s USB port.
- To establish a wired network connection, you have to connect your printer’s Ethernet port to the router’s LAN port using an Ethernet cable.
- You can connect the Epson WF-2860 setup to your computer without any hassle by following the on-screen prompts in the driver installation window.
Epson WF-2860 Firmware Update
You can update your printer’s firmware using the Epson Software Updater utility or Google Cloud Print service. Besides, you can manually update it by downloading the recovery mode firmware from the official Epson site.
Carry out these steps to update your Epson WF-2860 setup’s firmware using the Epson Software Updater program from a Windows computer:
- Ensure that you have properly connected your printer to your computer.
- Next, launch the Epson Software Updater program and choose your printer’s model number from the displayed list.
- Check the Firmware Updater checkbox and click the Install item(s) button.
- If the User Account Control window pops-up, click the Yes button.
- Agree to the Epson software EULA by selecting the Agree option and click OK.
- Finally, click the Start button when you are prompted to begin the Epson firmware update.
- Once the firmware is updated, click Finish. A confirmation message will be displayed on the screen.
Epson WF-2860 Setup Troubleshooting
Whenever your printer fails to respond to your commands from the connected computer or the printer’s control panel, you must perform certain troubleshooting steps to fix the printer issues. Some of the common printer problems occur due to the incomplete installation and improper maintenance of your printer. For remote assistance, contact our technical support team by clicking the Call button available on this page.
Solve Epson WF-2860 Offline
- If you see the Printer is Offline message on your computer, check whether your printer is in sleep mode or turned off.
- If so, restart your Epson WF-2860 setup or press the Home button.
- Besides, check if you can print a nozzle check pattern from the printer control panel.
- If you can print the nozzle check pattern, move to your computer to troubleshoot the issue.
- Clear the print jobs from the Epson print queue.
- Click the Printer tab in the Printer Properties window and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
- Ensure that you have connected the printer to the computer using a standard USB cable.
- Try printing a test page to check if the problem has been resolved.
Fix Epson WF-2860 Paper Jam Error
- The Paper Jam error is very common in inkjet printers. If you see the Paper Jam error on your printer’s LCD panel, locate the jammed paper and remove it gently from the Epson WF-2860 setup.
- While removing the jammed paper, do not touch any cables inside the printer.
- Avoid tilting your printer or turning it upside down.
- Do not touch any buttons on the printer’s control panel while removing the jammed paper.
- After clearing the paper, restart your printer and check if the problem has been resolved.
Solved: Epson WF-2860 Ink Cartridges Not Recognized Issue
- If your printer fails to recognize your ink cartridges, check their status from the printer’s LCD panel.
- To do so, press the Home button (if necessary) on your Epson WF-2860 setup’s control panel and select the Ink and maintenance box status icon.
- Now, you can verify the ink level on the LCD screen.
- For detailed information, tap the Print Supply Status Sheet button.
- If the problem persists, check if you have properly installed the ink cartridges into the ink slots.
- Ensure that you have removed the protective tape from the ink cartridges.
- If necessary, check for the clogged print head nozzle and clean the print head.
Steps: Epson WF-2860 Factory Reset
Resetting your printer to factory defaults erases all the data and settings on the printer. Factory resetting your printer may help you when you are not able to fix any printer problems. To restore your printer to factory defaults, follow the steps given below.
- Turn on your printer and press the Home button on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Settings and scroll down to select the Restore Default Settings option.
- Under the Restore Default Settings section, choose the Clear All Data and Settings option. Doing so will reset your printer.
- Once the reset process is completed, a confirmation message will appear on the LCD screen.
- Restart your Epson WF-2860 setup and reconfigure the printer settings.