Epson Wf 3520
Epson WF-3520 Setup
The Epson WF-3520 printer delivers better speed and paper handling for a lower price. It can be a good fit for a small office, home office, and personal use. This Epson WF-3520 setup supports various functions, such as print, copy, scan, and fax, and you can perform mobile printing, including Apple AirPrint.
To know how to perform the initial hardware setup of the Epson printer, refer to the quick steps given on this page.
- All the protective materials must be removed from the Epson WF-3520 printer.
- Plug the power cord into the rear port of the printer and an electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Set a language and country/region on the control panel.
- Install all the ink cartridges one after another in their slots correctly.
- Place a compatible paper in the paper cassette.
- If necessary, plug a phone cord into a telephone wall jack and the printer’s LINE port.
- Use the product CD to install the printer software on your computer.
How to Change Ink on Epson WF-3520 Printer?
- On the Epson WF-3520 setup’s control panel, select Setup -> Maintenance -> Ink Cartridge Replacement.
- Open the printer’s scanner unit.
- Lift-open the cartridge cover.
- Press the ink cartridge and take it out from the printer.
- Take a new cartridge, shake it well, and unpack it.
- Fix the new cartridge in the printer.
- Note: Do the same procedure to replace the remaining cartridges.
- Close the cartridge cover followed by the scanner unit.
How to Check Ink Levels Epson WF-3520 Printer?
- Select the Setup option followed by the Ink Levels option on the control panel.
- You can see the ink cartridge status on the Epson WF-3520 printer’s LCD panel.
- Press OK to exit. If you find any ink cartridge to be low on ink, select the Cartridge Replacement option and replace it.
Epson WF-3520 Wireless Setup
- Select the Wi-Fi Setup option followed by the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option and then press OK on the Epson WF-3520 setup’s control panel.
- Select the name of your network using the up and down arrow buttons.
- Press OK.
- Note: If your wireless network name is not shown on the display panel, select Other Networks ad type the network name manually.
- Type your network key using numeric keypads, select the Done option, and press the OK button.
- Confirm the wireless network settings by pressing the OK button.
- Select the Yes option to print a network status report. If not, select the No option.
- Press OK on the control panel to complete the wireless setup.
Epson WF-3520 Wifi Setup Mac
- Download the Epson WF-3520 setup from the official Epson website.
- After downloading it, double-click the Epson icon.
- Click the Continue button in the Epson Installer window.
- When the ‘Select Your Connection’ window opens, select the radio button beside the Wireless Connection option and click Continue.
- Carry out the on-screen prompts to complete the installation on your Mac computer.
- Note: Provide the correct wireless network name and network key. They can be found at the rear side of the router’s label.
Epson WF-3520 Print Head Replacement
- Open the Epson WF-3520 printer’s scanner unit followed by the cartridge cover.
- Turn on the printer and check if you can move the cartridge holder.
- If so, disconnect the power cable from the printer immediately.
- Take all the ink cartridges out from the holder.
- Use a screwdriver to take out the ink cartridge holder from the printer.
- Remove the print head cover.
- Take out the print head using the screwdriver.
- Unpack a new print head and place it in its slot correctly.
- Fix it properly using three screws.
- Place the print head cover, ink cartridge holder, and ink cartridges back into the Epson WF-3520 setup.
- Close the cartridge cover followed by the scanner unit.
How to Clean Print Heads Epson WF-3520 Printer?
- Place enough plain paper in the cassette.
- Select the following options and press the OK button.
- Head Cleaning
- Press the OK button when the Head Cleaning screen displays on the LCD panel.
- Choose the cleaning cycle that you wish to run and press the Start button.
- Select the Print nozzle check pattern option and press the OK button.
- Press the Start button on the control panel.
How to Connect Epson WF-3520 to Computer?
- Insert the product CD into the Windows computer’s CD drive.
- Click the Run Setup.exe file.
- Select Yes or Continue in the User Account Control window.
- Click the Install button in the Software Selection window.
- Select the Direct USB Connection option and click Next in the ‘Select Your Connection’ window.
- Connect the Epson WF-3520 setup to the Windows computer using a USB cable.
- Perform the remaining on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Epson WF-3520 Firmware Update
- Launch Epson Software Updater on your Windows computer.
- If needed, select the Epson WF-3520 printer.
- Checkmark the box next to the Firmware Updater option and click Install items.
- When you see the ‘Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device’ message, select the Yes option.
- Accept the license agreement by selecting the Agree option followed by the OK option.
- Click the Start button.
- Once done with updating the Epson WF-3520 setup firmware, click Finish.
- Click OK in the Epson Software Updater dialog box.
Epson WF-3520 Firmware Downgrade
- Download, install, and open the WIC Reset Utility tool on your computer.
- Click the Status button and check if you see the ‘Printer is ready to print’ message.
- If this message is not displayed, it indicates that any one of the ink cartridges is not original. You have to install only the compatible, original ink cartridges.
- Now, click Firmware Update -> Update -> Yes.
- Type the WIC reset key and click OK.
- When you see the WC Reset Utility dialog box, select the OK option.
- Now, the previous version of the firmware will be downloaded and installed.
- Wait until the printer processes the firmware.
Epson WF-3520 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
A few of the commonly occurring problems and their steps to resolve them are provided on this page. If you require assistance in resolving any printer issue, you can contact our technical experts for a premium service.
Fix Epson WF-3520 not Connecting to Wifi Issue
- Place your Epson WF-3520 printer within the range of your router.
- Avoid placing objects that could cause interference like a microwave oven, cordless phone, large metal object between the router and the printer.
- Disable the router’s built-in firewall.
- If the Epson WF-3520 setup does not detect your SSID, enter it manually.
- Make sure to enter the correct wireless network key.
Fix: Epson WF-3520 does not Recognize Ink Cartridge
- With the Epson WF-3520 printer turned on, open the scanner unit.
- If the ink level is low in any ink cartridges, replace it with a new one.
- Make sure to use a genuine Epson WF-3520 setup cartridge.
- Remove and re-insert them in their slots correctly.
Fix: Epson WF-3520 Scan to PC not Working
- Check if your computer has adequate memory. The computer should meet the system requirements for your OS.
- Make sure the computer is not running in a power-saving mode.
- If so, restart the scanning program.
- If necessary, remove the current scanning program and re-install it correctly by performing the on-screen instructions.
How to Clean Epson WF-3520 Printer?
- Turn off the Epson WF-3520 printer.
- Remove the power cable from the printer and the power source.
- If you have connected any interface cables to the printer, disconnect them.
- Take out all the paper from the printer.
- Use a soft brush to clean the paper cassette.
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth moistened with a little cleaner to wipe the scanner glass.
- Also, clean the interior side of the ADF using a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to clean the outer case as well as the control panel of the printer.
- Note: You are advised not to use liquid or chemical cleansers.
Steps: Epson Wf 3520 Reset
- Select the Setup option followed by the Restore Default Settings option and press OK on the Epson WF-3520 setup’s control panel.
- Choose one of these options and select the Yes option.
- Reset Fax Send/Receive Settings – Resets send settings, receive settings, and communication screens
- Reset Fax Data Settings – Deletes the speed dial list, group dial list, header, and fax log.
- Wi-Fi/Network Settings – Restores all network settings
- Reset All except Network & Fax Settings – Restores all settings except network and fax settings
- All Settings – Deletes all the control panel settings
- Once you press the OK button, the selected settings will be reset to factory defaults.