How To Do Epson WF-3540 Setup?
The Epson WF-3540 printer requires a complete setup to operate it as per your desire. For Epson WF-3540 Setup, initially unbox it, set the control panel preferences, load paper, install ink cartridges, and finally, install the compatible printer software. Only then you can experience error-free operations on this printer.
Unbox The Printer
- Open the printer’s cardboard box. Place the Epson WF-3540 printer is a suitable place.
- Remove the attached packing materials from it.
- Keep all the packing materials aside for recycling.
- Confirm that all the listed items are available in the printer’s box without any damage.
Turn ON & Set Up Control Panel
Plug the power cord into the printer and the wall socket. Press the Power button and the Epson WF-3540 printer turns on. Now, use the below steps to set up the control panel.
- To change the LCD screen language, press Home -> Setup -> Printer Setup -> Language -> Choose a language -> Home.
- There is an option on the control panel to disable the sound while pressing the buttons on the touch panel. To turn it off, press Home -> Setup -> Printer Setup -> Sound -> Sound (choose any one option) -> Off.
- To adjust the sound volume, tap on Volume -> High, Low, or Middle -> Home.
Load The Media In The Cassette
Depending upon the printing job, place the paper either in Cassette or the Rear feed slot.
- Pull out the paper cassette from the printer. Then slide the edge guides outward.
- Adjust the edge guide based on the paper size.
- Load a stack of paper with its printable side facing down.
- Adjust the edge guides against the paper.
- Insert the paper cassette into the printer and extend the output tray. Then open the paper stopper.
Install Ink Cartridges In The Printer
- Confirm that the printer is turned on.
- Lift up the scanner unit and open the cartridge cover.
- Hold the new cartridges and gently shake them 4 to 5 times.
- Now, take the ink cartridges out from the package and remove the yellow tape.
- Insert the new ink cartridges correctly in their slots and close the cartridge cover. Push the cartridge cover down until it properly fits into place.
- Lower the scanner unit and start ink priming.
Install The Printer Software
- Once done with the ink cartridge installation, download the compatible printer driver and install it on your PC.
- The complete download and installation steps are given on this site.
- The printer setup completes with the software installation.
Epson WF-3540 driver download
Procedure to do Epson WF-3540 setup for downloading the driver.
After completing the basic printer setup, download the latest printer driver and install it on your PC. Only then, the printer will start performing all the assigned tasks. To download the driver, follow these steps.
- Locate the Download button and click on it.
- The download process starts immediately on the PC.
- Once it completes, the driver file will be stored in the Downloads folder.
- Open the file and begin the installation.
Epson WF-3540 Manual Download
The printer manual is present in the printer’s box. If it is unavailable, download the latest user guide from this site. To download the manual:
- Click on the Download button.
- The manual downloads on the PC in the Downloads folder.
You can also download the user manual from the official support page of your printer.
Epson WF-3540 Driver Install
If the updated and compatible driver is downloaded from this site, continue with these instructions to install it on your PC.
- Go to the Downloads folder on your PC and open the downloaded driver file.
- The installation wizard appears on the screen.
- Follow the instructions accordingly and choose the connection type when prompted.
- After completing all the on-screen prompts, print a test page and finish the installation.
The printer driver can also be installed from the manufacturer’s installation disc. Insert the CD into the CD drive and continue with the on-screen prompts to finish the installation.
Epson wf-3540 Wi-Fi Setup
The printer can be set up on a Wi-Fi network after installing the printer software. Follow the below instructions and complete the Epson WF-3540 setup for Wii connection.
- Go to the printer’s control panel and tap on Home.
- Touch Wi-Fi Setup.
- Tap on Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Touch your Wireless network name. If not, input the name manually.
- When prompted, input your wireless password.
- Tap on Done.
- Check if the displayed network settings are correct. Then touch Continue to save them.
- If required, print a network setup report.
- Tap on Home. The Wi-Fi light should stay ON during and after the connection.
How To Change Ink On Epson WF-3540?
When the ink level in the ink cartridge goes too low or empty, it’s better to change them. To change the ink cartridges in the Epson WF-3540 printer, follow the below steps accordingly.
- Confirm that the printer is turned on before starting the process.
- Next, lift the scanner unit and open the cartridge cover.
- Locate the tab on the cartridge and squeeze it. Then lift the cartridge straight up and remove it from its place.
- Hold the new cartridge and gently shake it 4 to 5 times.
- Now, take the ink cartridge out from its package and remove the yellow tape.
- Insert the new ink cartridge correctly in its place and close the cartridge cover. Push the cartridge cover down until it properly fits into its place.
- Lower the scanner unit and start ink priming.
How To Check Ink Levels On Epson WF-3540
It is quite important to check the ink levels frequently in your printer to avoid unwanted issues. So, use these Epson WF-3540 setup to check the ink levels on your printer’s control panel screen.
- Tap on the Home button.
- Choose the Setup option.
- Choose Ink Levels. The ink level of the ink cartridges will be displayed.
- Select Ok to exit or tap on Cartridge Replacement to replace the ink cartridges.
How To Connect Epson WF-3540 To Computer?
- Download the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility. After downloading, install it on the PC.
- Enable the checkbox beside the End-User License Agreement. Then click on Next.
- Click on Install. Choose Finish.
- Select the printer and click Next.
- Choose Printer Registration, then select Next.
- Click on Agree > Next.
- Click Ok when the Register a printer to Epson Connect message appears.
- Continue with one of the options:
- To create a new account, fill the Create an Epson Connect Account form and choose Finish.
- To register with an existing account, choose I already have an account. Fill the Add a new printer form and click on Add.
- Choose Close.
- The printer will be connected to the computer once all the above steps are completed.
Epson wf-3540 Print Setup
- Open the document to print on your computer connected to the printer.
- Click on the Print option.
- If prompted, choose the Printer name.
- To check the print settings, choose Properties or Preferences.
- After checking them, verify the paper settings.
- Make the necessary changes to the settings.
- Choose Ok and the settings will be saved.
- Click on Ok or Print.
Epson WF-3540 Scan Setup
Epson WF-3540 setup for scanning -It is embedded with a flatbed scanner. It supports scanning up to a resolution of 1200 dpi (main scan) and 2400 dpi (sub scan). Before starting the scanning process on the Epson WF-3540 printer, ensure that the printer software is installed and the computer is connected to the device. Now, tap on Home -> Scan. Choose either Scan to Memory Card, Scan to Cloud, Scan to PC(PDF), Scan to PC(Email), or Scan to PC (WSD). Next, select USB connection or the computer name to start the scanning process.
Epson WF-3540 Firmware Update
Update the Epson WF-3540 printer firmware using the Epson Software Updater.
- Make sure the Epson Software Updater is installed on your PC.
- Open the Epson Software Updater.
- Choose the printer model from the list if required.
- Click on Firmware Updater and then click on the Install item(s) button.
- On the next screen, choose Yes.
- Click on Agree and select Ok.
- Choose Start in the Epson Firmware Updater screen.
- Once the firmware update is completed, select Finish.
- Click on Ok and close the Epson Software Updater utility.
Epson WF-3540 Firmware Downgrade
- Switch off the printer and press Home, Power, left arrow, and Cancel button simultaneously. The ROM menu is displayed on the printer’s display.
- Download the older version of the firmware installation package on the PC.
- To install it, choose Next and the installation begins.
- Agree to the terms and tap on Next.
- Choose Next -> Yes -> Start.
- When the Finished message appears on display, click on Finish.
- Unplug the power cable from the printer and then reconnect it.
- After some time, turn on the printer and start printing on it.
How To Clean Printhead On Epson WF-3540
- Ensure that the media is loaded in the cassette.
- Tap on Home -> Setup -> Maintenance -> Head Cleaning -> Proceed.
- Choose the cleaning cycle as per your desire.
- A message appears once the cleaning cycle completes.
- Touch Print Nozzle Check Pattern.
- Press the Black & White or Color button. Doing this will confirm that the print head is clean.
Epson wf-3540 print head replacement
If there is an issue while perform Epson WF-3540 setup for print head, try to clean it first. If cleaning the printhead did not work out, then replace the print head in your printer. Get a new print head and replace it.
Epson WF-3540 Maintenance Box Reset
The Epson WF-3540 printer’s maintenance box can be replaced easily. But before replacing it, make sure you have a new one beforehand.
- Make sure the Epson WF-3540 printer is not performing any task.
- Open the new maintenance box from its package.
- Open the printer’s document cover and raise the control panel.
- Loose the screw on the maintenance box cover.
- Remove the maintenance box cover and grasp the maintenance box.
- Next, pull it out of its holder and place it aside.
- Now, insert the new maintenance box into the holder. Push it until it fits properly.
- Insert the maintenance box cover and close the cover.
- Tighten the screw and the Maintenance box replacement is done. You have sucessfully completed the Epson WF-3540 setup.