Epson WF-3540 Troubleshooting Guidance
Solve: Epson Wf-3540 Offline
Follow the instructions to do Epson WF-3540 troubleshooting offline issue.
- Initially, check if the printer is turned on.
- Check the connection between the printer and your computer. If you have connected your printer using a USB cable, check whether it is connected firmly.
- If the printer is connected over a wireless network, check if the wireless router is turned on.
- Restart your printer and computer and check if the issue could be fixed.
- Click the Windows icon and open the Control Panel.
- Click on the Devices and Printers option in the Control Panel window.
- You will see the list of the printer(s) connected to your computer.
- Perform a right-click on your Epson printer and select the See what’s printing? option.
- See if you have any pending print jobs and make sure to remove them from the list.
- Click the Printer option and see if you have selected the Use Printer Offline option. If the option is selected, then you have to deselect it.
- If the printer offline issue persists, then you have to reinstall the printer driver on your computer.
Re-installing the Printer Driver:
- Open the Run command window.
- Now, you have to type devmgmt.msc and press the Enter button.
- Perform a right-click on your Epson printer and select Uninstall.
- Open the Run command again, type Control Panel, and then press the Enter button.
- Select the Devices and Printers option from the list.
- Click the Add Printer button located at the top pane of the window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- The Epson printer will be installed back to your Windows computer.
How to Clear Paper Jam Epson Wf-3540
Carry-out the below given instructions for Epson WF-3540 troubleshooting paper jam issue.
- If the paper jam occurs inside the printer, turn off the printer.
- Lift the scanner unit.
- See if you have any jammed paper inside. If yes, remove the jammed paper and remove the fragments of the paper.
- Close the scanner unit and turn on the printer.
- Turn off the Epson WF 3540 printer.
- Go to the rear side of the printer, then squeeze the tabs of the rear cover and remove it.
- Remove the jammed paper from the printer.
- Close the rear cover the same way you removed it.
- Turn on the printer and check if the paper jam error has been fixed.
Auto Document Feeder:
- Cancel the print job if there are any.
- Remove the original documents from the Auto Document Feeder.
- Remove the available jammed paper beneath the ADF.
- Raise the input tray and then remove the jammed paper. Lower the input tray.
- Close the Auto Document Feeder.
Epson Wf-3540 Not Printing
- Epson WF-3540 troubleshooting not printing issue. Make sure you have the selected appropriate media settings in the printer.
- You can run a print nozzle check to see if the ink cartridges are correctly installed in the printer. If you find the print head to be clogged, you have to clean it.
- Also, check the ink levels in the printer and replace the ink cartridges if required.
- Make sure you have selected the Epson WF 3540 printer on the computer before starting the print job.
- Open the printer queue on your computer and make sure the Epson WF 3540 printer is not offline. The steps to fix the “offline” issue are given in the earlier section on this page.
- Check if there are any jammed paper on the printer and clear them to start printing.
Epson Wf-3540 Not Scanning
- Ensure the printer does not have any pending print jobs.
- Turn off the printer and remove the plug from the power source. Again, turn on the printer after a few minutes.
- Uninstall the Epson Scan utility from your computer and download it again from the official Epson support page. Now, install the Epson Scan utility.
- Set the Epson WF 3540 as the default scanning device.
Epson Wf-3540 Not Connecting to Wifi
Epson WF-3540 troubleshooting the wifi connection, caryy-out the below instructions.
- Initially, check if your wireless router is turned on.
- Connect any other wireless device to your Wi-Fi and make sure that there are no issues on your router.
- Make sure that you are connecting to the router using the correct SSID and network key.
- Restart your wireless router and printer. Now, check if the printer is able to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Still, if the issue persists, then perform the Wi-Fi setup once again.
Epson Wf-3540 Not Recognizing Ink
Epson WF-3540 troubleshooting the ink cartridge issue with help of our instructions.
- If you find the ink cartridge not recognized on your Epson WF 3540 printer, the best alternative to resolve the issue is by reinstalling or replacing the ink cartridges.
- Tap or press the Home button on the printer control panel and select the Setup option.
- Select Maintenance and then select Ink Cartridge Replacement.
- When you see the message on the display screen, open the scanner unit.
- Remove each of the cartridges from the respective slots and then reinstall them carefully until you hear the tab click.
- Make sure the protective tapes are removed from the cartridges.
- Close the printer’s scanner unit and then press the Start button.
- The Epson WF 3540 printer will charge the installed cartridges. Now, the printer should be able to recognize the installed ink cartridges.
Epson Wf-3540 Scanner Communication Error
Epson WF-3540 troubleshooting Scanner Communication Error, you have to reinstall the Scanner driver.
- Click the Windows icon and click the Settings option.
- Type Applications in the search bar and press the Enter button.
- Select the option Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the Epson Scan Utility, perform a right-click on it, and then select the Uninstall option.
- Download the Epson Scan Utility from the Epson Support page.
- Now, install the downloaded scan utility and check if the communication error is fixed.
Epson Wf 3540 Scan to PC Not Working
- Epson WF-3540 troubleshooting scanner. Check if you have installed the Epson Scan utility and Event Manager on your computer.
- Make sure that the antivirus program installed on your computer is not blocking Epson Event Manager.
- Check the connection between your printer and computer.
- If the printer is connected using a USB cable and if the cable is damaged, replace it.
- If the printer is connected to Wi-Fi, then restart the printer and wireless router.
- Click the Windows icon at the bottom of the desktop screen.
- Select the Epson option and then select Epson Scan Utility.
- Make sure the Epson WF 3540 printer is selected in the Utility.
- You can also click the Other tab and then click the Reset button.
Epson Wf 3540 Factory Reset
- Press the Home button on the Epson WF 3540 printer.
- Now, select Setup > Restore Default Settings.
- From the list of reset options, choose the All Settings option.
- Select Yes in the confirmation screen and the printer will be reset to factory defaults.
Epson Wf 3540 Error 0xfa
- Epson WF-3540 troubleshooting error code 0xfa. If your Epson WF printer is encountering the Error Code 0xFA, it should either be a hardware problem on the printer or a file accessed by the printer should be corrupted by an antivirus/malware.
- Remove the plug from the main power source and then remove the cartridges gently.
- Clean the cartridge lens on the printer.
- Insert the cartridges into the printer and now plug the printer back to the power source. See if the printer is relieved from the 0xFA error code.
Epson Wf 3540 Error Code 0xf3
- If your Epson WF printer shows the Error code 0xF3, then there are quite a few reasons behind it.
- The ink cartridge might be empty. So, replace the ink cartridges.
- The error code 0xF3 might also occur if there are any jammed paper in the printer. Locate the jammed paper and remove them from the printer.
For more Epson WF-3540 troubleshooting solution, contact our experts.