Epson WF-3820 Setup
Performing the Epson WF-3820 setup is very simple if you follow the quick steps given on this page. The printer supports wireless printing, and so you can quickly print from any wireless device. This printer also has an ADF to load your original documents for scanning.
- You have to unpack the printer and then take out the printer supplies.
- Remove all the protective tapes from the printer and recycle them.
- Connect your printer to a wall outlet using the supplied power cord and turn on the printer.
- Set your preferences like language, country, date, and time on the touchscreen control panel.
- Next, shake the ink cartridges before unpacking them.
- Lift the scanner unit and install the ink cartridges into the holder after removing the yellow protective tapes.
- Once you have installed all the ink cartridges into the ink holder, lower the scanner unit and follow the on-screen prompts to start charging the ink.
- After charging the ink, pull out the paper cassette from the printer.
- Load some legal plain paper into the paper cassette and slide the paper width guides to touch the loaded paper’s edges.
- Push the paper cassette into the printer and pull out the output tray extension.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and configure the paper settings.
- If you wish to add the fax function, connect a telephone tine cord to the printer’s LINE port and tap the Proceed button on the printer’s control panel. However, you can also configure the fax setting later by tapping the Set Up Later button.
- Finally, install the printer software on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM and verify the printer functionality.
- The Epson WF-3820 setup has been completed.
Epson WF-3820 Driver Download
You can download the Epson WF-3820 printer’s driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. If you have difficulties in downloading the printer driver from this page, try downloading it from the official Epson site and perform the installation to finish the Epson WF-3820 setup.
Epson WF-3820 Manual Download
You can download the Epson WF-3820 printer setup manual by clicking the Manual Download button available on this page. If you have difficulties downloading the manual from this page, try downloading it from the official Epson site.
Epson WF-3820 Driver Installation
- You can install the printer driver on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM or downloaded driver package.
- If your computer doesn’t support the CD drive, download the printer driver from the official Epson site.
- After completing the download, run the downloaded installer from the Downloads folder to begin the driver installation.
- Agree to the EULA and install the printer software by clicking Next.
- Next, choose any one of the following options as your connection type.
- Connect via wireless network (Wi-Fi)
- Connect via wired LAN (Ethernet)
- Connect via USB cable
- After selecting your connection type, establish the connection between your printer and computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the connection is established, a confirmation message will be displayed in the installation wizard.
- Finish the rest of the on-screen prompts to complete the Epson WF-3820 setup. Print a test page remotely from the computer to verify the connection setup.
How to Check Ink Levels Epson WF-3820 Printer?
- You can check your Epson WF 3820 printer’s ink levels using the printer’s LCD screen or your computer.
- On your printer’s control panel, tap the Supply icon to check the ink levels visually.
- Select the Print Supply Status Sheet option to know more about the ink status.
How to Change Ink on Epson WF-3820 Printer?
- First, power up the Epson WF-3820 setup.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and tap the Home icon.
- Select Maintenance > Ink > Cartridge(s) Replacement > Start.
- Open the scanner unit and wait until the ink cartridge holder returns to the home position.
- Squeeze the ink cartridge tab and take out the cartridge you wish to replace from the ink cartridge holder.
- Shake the new ink cartridge before unpacking it.
- Remove the yellow tape from the cartridge before installing the cartridge into the ink holder.
- Once you have installed the new ink cartridge, lower the scanner unit and tap the Completed button on the LCD screen.
Epson WF-3820 Wireless Setup
Using the printer’s control panel buttons:
- Before starting the wireless setup, verify whether you have completed the basic printer settings.
- Place your Epson WF-3820 setup closer to your router to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Identify the wireless settings such as SSID and network key from the router’s label.
- Make sure to connect your computer to the same wireless network you are going to connect the printer.
- Run the driver installation wizard on your computer and agree to the EULA.
- When you see the Check the following screen, make sure you turn the printer on.
- Click Next to install the printer software.
- Choose the Connect via wireless network (Wi-Fi) option as your connection type and click Next.
- If the installer cannot automatically detect the wireless settings, you may see the Select the Network Connection Method screen.
- Choose the Connect by entering a network name (SSID) and password manually option and click Next.
- When you see the Connecting to the network manually screen, click Next and navigate to the printer’s control panel.
- Tap the Home button followed by the Wireless icon.
- Select Wi-Fi (Recommended) and tap the Start Setup button.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard button and choose your wireless network name (SSID).
- Enter your network key and tap OK Start Setup.
- Once the wireless connection has been established, a confirmation message will be displayed on the LCD screen.
- Return to the installation wizard and complete the rest of the installation steps by following the on-screen instructions.
- You have now completed the Epson WF-3820 setup for wireless connection.
Epson WF-3820 Print Head Replacement
- Before starting, make sure you have the replacement print head handy.
- Turn off your printer and open the scanner unit.
- Remove all the ink cartridges from the ink holder and keep them safe.
- Unmount the print head after removing the supporting screws.
- Disconnect the flat white cables without damaging them.
- Unpack the new print head and install it properly into the printer.
- Connect the white flat cables to the newly installed print head and fix the ink holder.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges and turn on the Epson WF-3820 setup.
- Once the printer turns on, run the print head cleaning to verify the print quality.
How to Clean Print Heads Epson WF-3820 Printer?
Using the printer’s control panel:
- Before starting the print head cleaning process, make sure that no errors are displayed on the LCD screen.
- Load only a few sheets of plain paper into the paper cassette.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the Home icon and select Maintenance > Print Head Cleaning.
- On the Print Head Cleaning screen, tap the Start button to begin the print head cleaning process.
- Once the print head cleaning has been completed, select Check > Print to confirm that the print head is clean.
Epson Wf-4820 Scan to Computer
Using the printer control panel:
- Before starting the scan, ensure that you have connected the Epson WF-3820 setup and computer using a standard USB cable.
- Ensure that you installed the printer software, Epson Scan software, and Epson Event Manager program on the connected computer, and completed the Epson WF-4820 setup.
- Next, load your original document into the ADF or on the scanner glass.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Select the Scan option and tap the Computer icon.
- Tap the Select action button and choose any one of the following options.
- Preview on Computer
- Save as JPEG
- Save as PDF
- If necessary, change the scan settings and select Save.
- Tap Send to start scanning your document and save it on the connected computer.
How to Connect Epson WF-3820 to Computer?
- You can connect your Epson WF-3820 setup to a computer using the following connection methods.
- Connect via wireless network (Wi-Fi)
- Connect via wired LAN (Ethernet)
- Connect via USB cable
- It is suggested not to connect your printer to the computer until prompted during the driver installation.
- Based on your connection type, follow the instructions in the installation wizard and establish the connection between your printer and the computer.
- Make sure the Epson WF-3820 connection setup is done by printing a test page.
Epson WF-3820 Firmware Update
Using the Epson Software Updater:
- Make sure that the Epson WF-3820 setup is turned on and connected properly to your Windows computer.
- Launch the Epson Software Updater utility on your computer and select your printer’s model number from the pull-down menu.
- Select the Firmware Updater checkbox and click the Install item(s) button.
- If the User Account Control prompt pops-up, click the Yes button to allow the Epson Software Updater app to make changes to your computer.
- Agree to the EULA and click OK.
- On the Epson Firmware Updater screen, click Start and wait until a confirmation message is displayed in the Epson Firmware Updater window.
- Click Finish OK.
- Now, your Epson printer’s firmware has been updated successfully.
Epson WF-3820 Firmware Downgrade
Using the Fax Setup Wizard:
- First, turn off your printer if it has been turned on.
- Next, remove all the ink cartridges from your printer.
- Connect your printer and computer using a standard USB cable.
- Press and hold down the icon available at the top-right corner of the printer’s control panel and the Power button until the printer is set to program update mode.
- On your computer, open the default browser and download the older firmware file for your Epson printer.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen prompts to run the installation wizard.
- Make sure that the Model list checkbox is selected and click the Start button.
- Wait until the firmware downgrade is complete.
- Once the firmware downgrade has been completed, click OK and restart your printer.
- After restarting your printer, reinstall the ink cartridges.
Epson WF-3820 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
Whenever your printer malfunctions, the first thing you need to do is identify the error displayed on the printer LCD screen and perform the correct troubleshooting method to resolve the error. Keep reading to know the common issues with the printer and the steps to resolve them. For remote assistance, contact our technical support team by clicking the Call button available on this page.
Guide: Epson WF-3820 Offline
Are you getting the Printer Status Offline message frequently on your Windows computer? Then try these troubleshooting steps.
- Make sure your Epson WF-3820 setup is turned on.
- Check the USB connection between your printer and the computer.
- If you have connected the devices over a wireless network, print a network status report to verify the connection.
- On your computer, open the Control Panel app and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Right-click on your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline checkbox (if any).
- Clear all the print jobs from the Epson print queue and try printing your document to check if the problem has been resolved.
Epson Wf-3820 Paper Jam Solution
- Sometimes, the Paper Jam error may be a false error that can be resolved by restarting your printer.
- If the error remains on the LCD screen even after restarting your printer, turn off your Epson WF-3820 setup and pull out the paper cassette.
- Check for any jammed paper in the paper tray.
- Make sure to adjust the loaded paper properly with paper width guides.
- If you detect any jammed paper or torn pieces, remove them from your printer.
- Also, check inside the scanner unit for any jammed paper.
- Cancel all the print jobs and print a test page to check if the problem has been resolved.
Fixed: Epson WF-3820 Not Printing Solution
- If your printer fails to print any document, the first thing you need to do is check if the printer is turned on.
- If it is turned off, turn on the printer and start printing again.
- Otherwise, check if your printer is in sleep or hibernate mode. If you find so, press the Home button to wake it up.
- Check whether you have loaded only the printer-supported paper into the paper tray.
- In the Print dialog box on your computer, choose your printer’s name from the pull-down menu before printing the documents.
- Also, check if you have selected the correct print settings.
- If the problem persists, verify the connection between your Epson WF-3820 setup and the computer and ensure that you have connected them using a standard USB cable.
Fix Epson WF-3820 Not Connecting to Wifi Issue
Wireless connection errors are common in Epson printers. However, you can quickly fix it with the help of the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
- First, place your printer closer to the router to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Next, verify whether you have correctly entered the wireless settings in the printer’s control panel.
- If necessary, restart your router and reconnect your Epson WF-3820 setup to the wireless network using the correct SSID and network name.
- If you connect your printer using the WPS Push Button method, establish the connection within 2 minutes from the time you started the WPS operation.
- Finally, print a network connection report to verify the wireless connection status.
Why Epson WF-3820 Does Not Recognize Ink Cartridge?
- If your Epson WF-3820 printer doesn’t recognize the ink cartridges, open the scanner unit and check whether you have properly loaded them into the ink holder.
- Make sure you have removed the yellow tapes from the cartridges.
- Check for any outdated firmware update version of your Epson WF-3820 setup.
- If necessary, update your printer’s firmware.
- Verify and ensure that you are using genuine ink cartridges.
- If the problem remains unresolved, remove and reinstall the ink cartridges.
How to Clean Epson WF-3820 Printer?
You can clean your printer using a lint-free cloth in the areas such as ADF, paper rollers, document cover, ADF cover, and scanner glass. Make sure to remove the power cord, paper from the paper cassette, and other cables from your printer before cleaning.
Cleaning the Epson WF-3820 setup nozzles using the control panel:
- Before you begin, load some plain paper into the paper cassette.
- Press the Home button on the printer’s control panel and select Maintenance.
- Tap the Print Head Nozzle Check button and select Start to print the nozzle check pattern.
- If the printed pattern has more gaps, tap the X button and follow the on-screen instructions to clean the print head.
Cleaning the paper guide:
- If you get smeared printouts, you have to clean the paper guide rollers.
- Load plain paper into the paper source you wish to clean.
- Navigate to the Epson WF-3820 setup’s control panel and tap Settings > Maintenance > Paper Guide Cleaning.
- Carry out the on-screen prompts and complete cleaning the paper guide.
Epson Wf 3820 Reset
- You can reset your printer to factory defaults when no other troubleshooting method solves the issue with the printer.
- To perform a factory reset on your Epson WF-3820 printer, navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Select Settings > Restore Default Settings.
- Next, select the Clear All Data and Settings option and tap Yes to confirm your action.
- Now, your Epson WF-3820 setup has been reset to the factory defaults.