Epson WF-3840 Setup Guidance
Epson WF-3840 is a wireless printer and so you can connect to it from any wireless device. This printer has an ADF, color touchscreen, and supports printing, faxing, copying, and scanning. Performing the Epson WF-3840 setup is very simple if you follow the quick steps given below.
- Unpack your printer and take out the essential printer supplies.
- Remove all the protective tapes from both inside and outside the printer.
- Connect your printer to a wall outlet using the supplied power cord and turn on the printer.
- Set your language, country, date, and time.
- Next, install the ink cartridges into the ink holder after removing the protective yellow tapes.
- Make sure to shake the ink cartridges gently before unpacking and installing them into the printer.
- After the ink charging process completes, pull out the paper cassette from the printer and load a stack of legal plain paper into the tray.
- Adjust them with paper width guides and push the tray back into the Epson WF-3840 setup.
- If necessary, connect a telephone line to your printer and configure the fax settings.
- Finally, install the printer software on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM and verify the printer functionality.
Epson WF-3840 Driver Download
You can download the Epson WF-3840 printer driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. However, you can also get it from the official Epson site.
Epson WF-3840 Manual Download
You can download the Epson WF-3840 setup’s manual by clicking the Manual Download button available on this page. However, you can also download it from the official Epson site, along with the Start Here sheet, User’s Guide, Administrator’s Guide, Fax Guide, Quick Guide, and Warranty.
How to Install Epson WF-3840 Driver Software?
- Before installing the printer driver on your computer, remove any previously installed Epson printer drivers.
- Avoid connecting your printer to the computer until prompted during the driver installation.
- Run the printer driver using the supplied CD-ROM or downloaded installer.
- Agree to the EULA and select the software you wish to install in the installation wizard.
- On the Select Your Connection screen, choose any one of the following options as your connection type.
- Wireless connection
- Direct USB connection
- Wired network connection
- Based on the chosen connection type, follow the on-screen prompts to establish the connection between your Epson WF-3840 setup and the computer.
- Finish the driver installation with the help of the instructions displayed in the wizard and print a test page to verify the connection.
How to Change Ink on Epson WF-3840 Printer?
- Make sure your printer is turned on while replacing the ink cartridges.
- If you see any errors on the printer’s LCD screen, tap Proceed and follow the on-screen instructions to replace the ink cartridge.
- Otherwise, press the Home button and select Setup Maintenance Ink Cartridge Replacement.
- Lift/open the scanner unit and open the cartridge cover to remove the used ink cartridge.
- Shake the new ink cartridge before unpacking it.
- Remove the yellow tape from the cartridge before installing it into the printer.
- After installing the new cartridge, close the cartridge cover and lower the scanner unit.
- Tap the Check button on the LCD screen to ensure that you have properly loaded the replacement cartridge.
Epson WF-3840 Wireless Setup
- Before starting, prepare your Epson WF-3840 setup, router, and computer for a wireless setup.
- Identify the wireless settings such as SSID and network name from the router’s label.
- Place your printer closer to your router to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Turn on all the devices and connect your computer to the wireless network you are going to connect the printer.
- Run the driver installation on your computer and install the required software after selecting them in the installation wizard.
- Next, choose the Wireless connection option as your connection type and click Next.
- Select the Set up printer for the first time option and click Next.
- Choose the Using printer buttons option and navigate to your printer’s control panel.
- Press the Home button and tap the Wi-Fi icon on the LCD screen.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Setup button and choose the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option.
- Select your SSID from the displayed list and enter the network key.
- Tap Proceed > OK > Done.
- To print a network status report, press the Start button.
- Your Epson printer is now connected to the wireless network successfully.
How to do Epson WF-3840 Print Head Replacement?
- First, turn off the Epson WF-3840 setup and remove any cables connected to it.
- Open the scanner unit and remove all the ink cartridges from the ink holder.
- Unscrew the ink holder and pull out the plastic tray without any damage.
- Disconnect the flat white cable and unmount the print head from the printer.
- Unpack the new print head and connect the flat white cables to it.
- Mount the print head and screw it.
- Connect the rest of the cable to the board and fix it inside the printer.
- Fix the plastic cover and install all the ink cartridges into the correct slots.
- Now, your print head has been replaced successfully.
How to Clean Print Heads Epson WF-3840 Printer?
Cleaning the print head from a Windows computer:
- Make sure the plain paper is loaded into the printer and the output tray is extended.
- Ensure that the Epson WF-3840 setup is turned on and connected properly to your computer.
- On your Windows computer, right-click your printer’s icon from the Windows taskbar and select the Nozzle Check option.
- In the Nozzle Check window, click the Print button to print the nozzle check pattern.
- If no gaps are seen in the printed pattern sheet, click Finish to close the Nozzle Check window.
- If you do see gaps, it means the print head nozzles are clogged, and you need to run the Print Head Cleaning process.
- Click the Clean button in the Nozzle Check window and select the All Colors option.
- Click Start to begin the Print Head Cleaning process.
- Once the cleaning has been completed, click the Print Nozzle Check Pattern button followed by Print to determine the print quality after cleaning the printer head.
- If the print quality is still poor, run the Print Head Cleaning process one more time.
How to Connect Epson WF-3840 to Computer?
- You can connect your Epson WF-3840 setup to a computer using various methods mentioned below.
- Wireless connection
- Direct USB connection
- Wired network connection
- Make sure not to connect your printer until prompted by the driver installation wizard.
- Also, make sure to use a standard USB or Ethernet cables to connect your printer to the computer.
Epson WF-3840 Firmware Update
Using the Epson Software Updater utility:
- Turn on your printer and connect it to your Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- On your computer, launch the Epson Software Updater utility.
- Choose your printer’s model number in the Epson Software Updater window and select the Firmware Updater checkbox.
- Click the Install item(s) button and select Yes if you see a message asking for permission to run the app.
- In the Epson Eula window, select Agree and click OK.
- Click Start to begin updating your Epson WF-3840 setup’s firmware.
- Once the firmware is updated, a confirmation message will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Finish and select OK to close the Epson Software Updater utility.
Epson WF-3840 Firmware Downgrade
- First, connect your printer to the computer using a standard USB cable.
- Launch the Epson Software Updater utility and choose your printer’s name from the pull-down menu.
- Make sure to select the Firmware Updater checkbox and click on the Auto-update settings link.
- Under Interval to Check, choose the Never option and click OK.
- Click Exit to save the new settings and close the Epson Software Updater utility.
- Open the default browser and download the previous firmware version for your Epson WF-3840 printer from the Internet.
- Launch the downloaded firmware file from the Downloads folder and follow the on-screen prompts to downgrade your printer’s firmware.
Epson WF-3840 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
Is your printer malfunctioning frequently? First, you need to identify the cause and then perform the correct troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. In this article, you’ll find some of the common Epson WF-3840 printer issues and the steps to fix them.
Epson WF-3840 Offline Solution
Are you getting the Printer Status Offline error frequently? Then there might be a connection issue between your printer and computer.
- Make sure your printer is turned on.
- If the Epson WF-3840 setup is in Sleep mode, press the Home button to wake it.
- Ensure that you have connected your printer and computer using a standard USB cable.
- If you have connected them over a wireless network, check the Wi-Fi connection status.
- Check if you are able to print without a computer by printing a nozzle check sheet from the printer’s control panel.
- If the printer prints the check sheet, then the issue is with the computer.
- To fix the issue, try deleting all the print jobs from the Epson print queue. To do so, proceed with the steps below.
- Open the Control Panel app on your Windows computer and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Right-click on your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
- Also, make sure to set your printer as the default printer on your computer to get rid of the offline error message.
Solved: Epson WF-3840 Paper Jam
- Sometimes, you may receive a false Paper Jam error. In such cases, just restarting your Epson WF-3840 setup may remove the error.
- If the problem persists, turn off your printer and pull out jammed paper (if any) from the printer.
- Remove the paper cassette and check whether you have properly loaded the printer-supported paper into the tray with paper width guides.
- Please take out the loaded paper and fan them.
- Reload the paper into the cassette and push it back into the printer.
- Open the scanner unit and check for any torn papers.
- If you detect any of them, remove them gently without damaging the printer’s internal parts.
- After ensuring that you have cleared all the jammed paper and torn pieces, turn on your printer and check if the problem has been resolved.
Epson Wf-3840 Not Printing Solution
- If your Epson WF-3840 setup fails to print any document, check whether you have loaded the paper cassette with legal plain paper.
- Make sure to select your printer’s name in the Print dialog box.
- Verify whether you have selected the correct print settings in the Printing Preferences window.
- Check if the Wi-Fi connection is proper.
- If necessary, restart your router, printer, and computer. Wait for a few minutes and try printing again.
- If the problem persists, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.
Why Epson WF-3840 Does Not Recognize Ink Cartridge?
- If your Epson WF-3840 setup doesn’t recognize the installed ink cartridges, check if you have properly seated them into the ink holder.
- Open the scanner unit and lift the cartridge cover.
- Push the cartridge to fit the cartridge slot.
- Also, check whether you have removed the protective tapes from the cartridges.
- If necessary, remove and reinstall the ink cartridges and restart your printer. Doing so will resolve the problem.
How to Clean Epson WF-3840 Printer?
Cleaning the printer:
- You can clean your printer using a lint-free cloth in the required areas.
- Turn off your printer and make sure to remove the power cord and other connected cables from the printer before cleaning.
- Take out the paper loaded into the paper cassette,
- Clean the outer area first and then move to the scanner glass.
- Avoid using liquid or chemical cleansers.
- Do not to spray anything on the scanner glass for cleaning the printer.
Cleaning the printer nozzles using the control panel:
- If you have turned off your Epson WF-3840 setup, load some plain paper into the paper cassette and turn on the printer.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the Home button and select Setup > Maintenance.
- Tap the Print Head Nozzle Check button and press the Color Start button to print the nozzle check pattern.
- If the printed pattern has no gaps, tap the Done button. Otherwise, select the Clean the Print Head option and follow the on-screen instructions to clean the print head.
Cleaning the paper guide:
- If you get smeared printouts, you have to clean the paper guide rollers.
- Load plain paper into the paper source you wish to clean.
- Navigate to the Epson WF-3840 setup’s control panel and tap Setup > Maintenance > Paper Guide > Cleaning.
- Press the Color Start button and check the ejected paper’s back to verify if it is clean.
- If necessary, carry out the same steps until the paper is clean.
Epson Wf 3840 Reset
- You can reset your printer to the factory defaults when the troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the issues with the printer.
- To perform a factory reset on your Epson WF-3840 setup, navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Tap Setup > System Administration > Restore Default Settings.
- Next, select the Clear All Data and Settings option and tap Yes to confirm your action.
- Now, your printer has been reset to the factory defaults.