Epson WF-4820 Setup
Setting up an Epson printer is very simple and easy. The Epson WF-4820 printer is an All-in-One printer that supports auto 2-sided printing and mobile printing. To perform the Epson WF-4820 setup for the first time, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Unpack the printer and take out the printer supplies.
- Remove all the protective tapes from the printer and recycle them.
- Next, connect the printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Raise the printer control panel and press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Set up your language, country, date, and time on the LCD screen.
- Lift the scanner unit and prepare the supplied ink cartridges. Shake them before unpacking and remove the yellow protective tapes.
- Install each cartridge into the holder and lower the scanner unit to begin the ink charging process automatically.
- Next, follow the on-screen prompts to set the paper settings and load some plain paper into the paper cassette.
- Extend the paper output tray extension and choose the paper settings on the Epson WF-4820 setup’s control panel.
- If you wish to set up the fax function, connect a telephone line cord to the printer’s LINE port and select Proceed to set up the fax.
- To configure the fax settings later, select the Close option on the printer’s control panel.
- Next, install the printer software on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM and verify the printer functionality.
Epson Workforce Pro WF-4820 Driver Download
You can download the Epson WF-4820 printer driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. Besides, you can download it from the official Epson site. When you are loading the printer driver from the official Epson site, make sure you select the correct OS of your system. Complete the Epson WF-4820 setup using the driver.
Epson Workforce Pro WF-4820 Download Manual
You can download the Epson WF-4820 printer driver by clicking the Manual Download button available on this page. Besides, you can download it from the official Epson site. You can download various manuals like Start Here guide, Notice and Warranty guide, user’s guide, and Safety Data Sheets from the official Epson site. You can refer to the Epson WF-4820 setup instructions in the manual.
Epson Workforce Pro WF-4820 Driver Installation
- You can install the printer driver on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM or downloaded installer file.
- In the driver installation window, agree to the EULA and install the software components.
- Choose any one of the following options as your connection type.
- Wireless connection
- Direct USB connection
- Wired network connection
- After selecting your connection type, follow the on-screen prompts to establish the connection between your computer and the printer.
- Once you have completed the driver installation, verify the printer functionality.
- For any assistance in performing the Epson WF-4820 setup, you can contact us.
Epson WF-4820 Ink Cartridges Replacement
- To replace your Epson WF-4820 printer’s ink cartridges, you have to go to the printer control panel first and then press the Home button.
- Select Maintenance -> Ink Cartridges(s) -> Replacement ->Start.
- Next, open the scanner unit and wait until the ink holder moves to the center position.
- Remove the ink cartridge that needs to be replaced and unpack the new ink cartridge.
- Make sure you shake the ink cartridge for at least five times before unpacking it.
- Remove the protective tape without touching the nozzle area and install the cartridge into the holder.
- Close the scanner unit and select the Completed option on the LCD screen.
Epson Wf-4820 Wireless Setup
- First, turn on your Epson WF-4820 setup, router, and computer.
- Verify whether you have completed the basic printer settings before starting the wireless setup.
- Connect your computer to the router to which you are going to connect the printer later.
- Run the driver installation using the CD-ROM that came with your printer or using the downloaded installer file.
- Agree to the EULA and install the software components.
- Once the installation is finished, choose the Connect via wireless network (Wi-Fi) option as your connection type and click Next.
- If the installer can connect to the Wireless LAN automatically, click Next and follow the on-screen prompts to configure the wireless settings on the printer’s control panel.
- Otherwise, select the Connect by entering a network name (SSID) and password manually option and click Next.
- Navigate to the printer’s panel and press the Home button.
- Tap the Wi-Fi icon and select the Wi-Fi (Recommended) option.
- Tap the Start Setup button and select the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option.
- Choose your wireless network name from the displayed list and enter the network key using the on-screen touchpad.
- Tap OK -> Start Setup.
- Now, your printer will be connected to the wireless network.
- Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation.
- You have now completed the Epson WF-4820 setup for wireless connection.
Epson Wf-4820 Double Sided Printing
- To print a double-sided document, load the printer-supported plain paper into the paper cassette and open the print application on the connected computer.
- In the Print dialog box, choose your Epson WF-4820 setup’s name and click the Properties button to open the Printer Properties window.
- Click the Main tab and select any one of the following options from the 2-Sided Printing drop-down menu.
- Auto (Long-edge binding)
- Auto (Short-edge binding)
- Manual (Long-edge binding)
- Manual (Short-edge binding)
- After selecting the required option, click the Settings button and configure the necessary print settings.
- Click OK to navigate to the Print dialog box and select Print to start printing the double-sided document.
Epson Workforce Pro WF-4820 Scan Setup
You can set up your scanner to scan your photos or documents by following these steps.
- First, ensure that the Epson WF-4820 setup is complete.
- Turn on the Epson WF-4820 scanner and connect it to your computer using a standard USB cable.
- If you are scanning your original document to a flash drive, connect it to your printer’s USB port.
- Load the original document you wish to scan into the ADF or on the scanner glass.
- Make sure you have installed the printer software properly on the connected computer.
- Navigate to the control panel, press the Home button, and select the Scan option.
- Choose any one of the following scan options.
- Network Folder/FTP
- Memory Device
- After selecting the scan option, follow the on-screen prompts, and complete your scan.
Epson WF-4820 Scan To Computer
Using the printer control panel:
- Before starting the scan, ensure that you have connected the printer and computer using a standard USB cable.
- Ensure that you installed the printer software, Epson Scan software, and Epson Event Manager program on the connected computer, and completed the Epson WF-4820 setup.
- Next, load your original document into the ADF or on the scanner glass.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Select the Scan option and tap the Computer icon.
- Tap the Select action button and choose any one of the following options.
- Preview on Computer
- Save as JPEG
- Save as PDF
- If necessary, change the scan settings and select Save.
- Tap Send to start scanning your document and save it on the connected computer.
Epson WF-4820 Scan To Email Setup
- You can either use the Epson WF-4820 setup’s control panel or Scan to Document Pro function to scan and email the scanned file.
- To scan your photo or document and email it to the email program, navigate to the printer control panel and press the Home button.
- Select the Scan option and tap the Email icon.
- Choose the Contacts option to select an email address from the Contacts list.
- Otherwise, select the Keyboard option to enter your recipient’s email address using the on-screen keyboard.
- Next, tap the Scan Settings button and choose the file format you wish to scan from the File Format menu.
- Fill up the Subject and File Name fields and choose any additional scan settings (if necessary).
- Tap the Presets button to save your scan settings and press the Send icon to scan your original and email the scanned file.
Epson WF-4820 Scanner Driver
A scanner driver is responsible for the delivery of users’ scan commands to the connected scanner. You can download the scanner driver for yourEpson WF-4820 setup from the official Epson site using the below-mentioned steps.
- On the official Epson site, enter your printer’s model number in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- From the search result, choose your printer’s model number to navigate the support page.
- Click the Downloads tab and choose your OS from the drop-down menu.
- Expand Drivers and click the Download button beside Scanner Driver and Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- Now, the scanner driver will be downloaded to your computer.
- After completing the download, launch the driver file and complete the installation.
Epson WF-4820 Fax Setup
Using the Fax Setup Wizard:
- The Fax Setup Wizard is displayed automatically when the printer is turned on for the first time.
- If you have skipped this wizard setting during the initial Epson WF-4820 setup, you can set it now using the control panel.
- First, connect the telephone line cord to the printer and navigate to the printer’s control panel.
- Press the Home button and select Settings -> General Settings -> Fax Settings -> Fax Setting Wizard.
- Tap the Proceed button and use the on-screen keypad to enter the sender’s name for your fax source on the Fax Header screen.
- Tap OK and select Proceed on the Distinctive Ring Setting screen.
- On the Proceed screen, tap Proceed after confirming the displayed settings.
- Tap Start Checking on the Run Check Fax Connection screen and select the correct line type on the Select Line Type screen.
- Now, your Epson WF-4820 printer is ready to fax.
Epson Wf-4820 Firmware Update
Using the Epson Software Updater:
- Ensure that you have connected the Epson WF-4820 setup properly to your Windows computer.
- Launch the Epson Software Updater utility and choose your printer’s model number from the pull-down menu.
- Check the Firmware Updater checkbox and click the Install item(s) button.
- If the User Account Control window pops-up, click the Yes button.
- Select Agree in the Epson Eula window and click OK.
- Next, click the Start button to start updating your printer’s firmware.
- Once the firmware update completes, click Finish and select OK in the confirmation window.
Epson Wf-4820 Firmware Downgrade
- To downgrade your printer’s firmware, put your Epson WF-4820 setup in Recovery mode.
- Ensure that your printer is connected properly to the computer.
- On your computer, download the firmware file (previous firmware version) through the Internet.
- After completing the download, run the firmware file and follow the on-screen prompts to downgrade your firmware.
- If you have difficulties in downgrading the printer’s firmware, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.
Epson WF-4820 Setup Troubleshooting
Is your printer prompting error messages frequently? There are several factors that cause issues with your printer. You have to troubleshoot the issues to continue working with your printer. Some common problems like paper jam, offline printer, ink error, scan issues, and connection errors might be due to incomplete Epson WF 4820 setup and improper maintenance.
Fixed: Epson WF-4820 Offline
- The offline printer error occurs when the connection between your Epson WF-4820 setup and the computer has been stopped.
- To fix this error, check whether your printer is in Sleep or Hibernate mode. In this is the case, press the Home button to bring back your printer online.
- If this is not the case, try printing a nozzle check pattern to determine if you can print without your computer.
- If you can print the nozzle check pattern, go to your Windows computer and open the Control Panel app.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab and choose your printer’s icon from the displayed list. Right-click on it and select the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option. Doing so will fix the offline printer problem.
Solved: Epson WF-4820 Paper Jam
- If the paper is jammed inside your printer cassette, cancel the print job immediately and pull out the paper cassette from the printer.
- Remove the jammed paper gently from the cassette and reload the plain paper.
- Refix the cassette into the Epson WF-4820 setup and restart your printer to fix the paper jam error.
- It is suggested to check the rear cover and Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) to avoid paper jam errors after the restart.
Solved: Epson WF-4820 Paper Feed Problem
- The paper feeding problem occurs due to the improper paper loading into the cassette.
- Make sure you have inserted the cassette completed into the printer.
- Use only the Epson WF-4820 setup-supported paper for printing.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets into the paper cassette, ADF, or rear cover.
- Verify and ensure that the paper settings match the paper you have loaded into the tray.
- If necessary, restart your printer to fix the paper feeding problems.
Guide: Epson WF-4820 Reset
- To reset your printer, remove all the externally connected devices with your printer. Navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Choose Settings > General Settings > System Authentication > Restore Default Settings.
- To reset all the control panel settings, select the Clear All Data and Settings option.
- If prompted, select Yes to confirm the reset.
- Now, your Epson WF-4820 setup will restart automatically, and the settings will be restored to the factory defaults.
Epson WF-4820 Scanner Error
- If your scanner fails to scan any documents, check the connection between the scanner and the computer (Windows).
- If you are scanning using Epson Scan, make sure you have selected the right scanner name from the drop-down menu.
- Besides, check the document source setting and try scanning your document again.
- If the Epson WF-4820 setup problem persists, check your computer for any corrupted files using the SFC scan.
- Check whether you have started the following services in the Services window on your Windows computer.
- Remote Procedure Call RPC
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
- Shell Hardware Detection
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
- Update your scanner driver and run the Epson Scan software with administrator privileges.
If you require assistance in performing the Epson WF-4820 setup or resolving any issues with the printer, you can contact our technical support team via chat, email, or call, and they will help you out immediately.