Notice: Undefined index: dir in /home/printers/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson WF-7840 Setup
Epson Workforce WF-7840 is an All-in-One printer that supports only genuine Epson cartridges. Using non-Epson cartridges on this printer is not advisable. Epson WF-7840 setup for the first time, proceed with the following quick steps.
- First, unpack the printer.
- Ensure all the essential printer accessories are included in the printer box.
- Connect the power cord (included in the box) between the printer and an electrical outlet.
- Turn on the printer and set your language, country, date, and time.
- Unpack the ink cartridge and place it in the cartridge holder.
- Perform the previous step again to install the remaining cartridges.
- Once done, the printer begins to charge the ink automatically. It might take 5 minutes to complete.
- Load enough paper in the paper cassette.
- To use the Epson WF-7840 setup for faxing, connect the fax line. However, you can set up the fax later.
- Use the installation CD to install the printer software on your computer.
Epson Workforce Pro Wf-7840 Driver Download
- To download the Epson Workforce Pro WF-7840 printer driver, click the Driver Download button available on this page.
- Alternatively, access the official Epson website and download the driver.
- By default, the downloaded installer is saved in the computer’s Downloads folder.
Epson Workforce Pro Wf-7840 Driver Installation
- Place the product CD on your computer’s CD drive.
- If you are using Mac or your computer does have a CD drive, download the latest version of the printer driver from the manufacturer site.
- Run the installer and carry out the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
- When the Select Your Connection screen appears, select one of the following options as your connection method.
- Wireless Connection
- Direct USB Connection
- Wired Network Connection
- Perform the on-screen steps to finish the setup.
- Once the printer driver has been installed on the computer, print a test page.
Epson Wf-7840 Ink Cartridges Replacement
- Turn on the Epson WF-7840 setup.
- On the printer’s control panel, select Settings.
- Choose Maintenance -> Ink Cartridge(s) Replacement.
- Select the Start option.
- Raise the printer’s scanner unit followed by the ink cartridge cover.
- Now, remove the used ink cartridge from the cartridge holder.
- Take a new ink cartridge and shake it well before unpacking it. Now, unpack the cartridge, then insert it into its holder.
- Perform the same if you want to replace the other ink cartridges.
- Make sure to close the ink cartridge cover properly. Lower the printer’s scanner unit.
Epson Wf-7840 Wireless Setup
- Press the Wireless icon on the Epson WF-7840 setup’s control panel.
- When the Network Connection Settings screen appears, select the Wi-Fi (Recommended) option.
- Select Start Setup or Change Settings -> Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network name from the displayed list of SSIDs.
- Type your network key using the keypad and press the OK button.
- To confirm the wireless network information, select the Start Setup option.
- Select Print Check Report if you wish to print a network setup report.
- To exit the wireless setup wizard, press the Home button on the control panel.
Epson Wf-7840 Print Setup
- Load enough plain paper in the printer’s cassette.
- On your computer, open a document to print.
- Click Print. If needed, select the Epson WF-7840 setup.
- Select Preferences and set your print preferences.
- If you wish to preview the document before printing, select the Print Preview checkbox.
- To begin printing, click the OK button in the Epson Preferences window.
Epson Workforce Pro Wf-7840 Scan Setup
- Make sure you have installed the correct Epson printer software on your computer.
- Also, ensure that you have established a connection between the Epson WF-7840 setup and the computer.
- On the scanner glass, place your document to scan.
- Select Scan -> Scan to.
- Choose one of the following options.
- Network Folder/FTP
- Memory Device
- Perform the display panel steps to finish the scanning process.
Epson WF-7840 Scan to Computer
- On the scanner glass, place a document with its print side face down.
- Use a USB cable to connect the Epson WF-7840 setup and your computer.
- Press the Home button and select the Scan option followed by the Computer option.
- Choose the Save as JPEG or Save as PDF option.
- If necessary, change the displayed scan settings.
- Select the Scan option to scan the document.
- Once done, the Epson WF-7840 printer sends the scanned document to the connected computer.
Epson WF-7840 Scan to Email Setup
- To scan a document on your printer and send it to an email address, you should have configured your email server.
- On the Epson WF-7840 setup’s scanner glass, place your document with its print side facing down.
- Select the Scan option followed by the Email option.
- Perform one of the following.
- Select the Keyboard option. Use the keypad to enter the recipient’s email address and press the OK button.
- To choose an email address from your contacts list, select the Contacts option.
- Select the History option to choose an email address from your recent scan history.
- Once done, select the Scan Settings option.
- To specify the format of your file, select the File Format option.
- If needed, change the subject and file name.
- To save your scan settings, select the Presets option.
- Once you press Send, the printer starts to scan the document and sends it to the specified email address.
Epson WF-7840 Scanner Driver
- You can scan using the Epson Scan 2 program and it can be downloaded from the manufacturer website.
- To scan a document from your computer, open the Epson Scan 2 program the computer.
- Place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass.
- Set your scan preferences and click Scan in the Epson Scan 2 window,
- The Epson WF-7840 setup begins to scan.
Epson WF-7840 Fax Setup
- Take a phone cable and connect it between the printer’s LINE port and a telephone wall jack.
- Use another phone cable to establish a connection between the printer’s EXT port and your telephone or answering machine.
- On the Epson WF-7840 setup’s control panel, select Settings and choose General Settings -> Fax Settings -> Fax Setting Wizard.
- Select the Proceed option on the Confirmation screen.
- Enter the sender’s name and press OK.
- Use the keypad to type your fax number and press OK.
- When the Distinctive Ring Setting screen appears, select the Proceed or Skip option.
- Select Start Checking on the Run Check Fax Connection screen and continue with the display panel steps.
- Lastly, set the line type and number of rings to answer.
Epson WF-7840 Firmware Update
- Launch the Epson Software Updater utility on your computer.
- Make sure the Epson WF-7840 setup has been selected.
- Select Firmware Updater and click Install item.
- If a prompt message appears, select Yes to proceed.
- Select the Agree option and click OK -> Start.
- Once the firmware update is complete, select Finish -> OK.
Epson Wf-7840 Firmware Downgrade
- Download and install the WIC Reset Utility on your computer.
- Launch the utility and click the Firmware Update button.
- Choose the firmware version and click the Update button.
- If you see the WIC Reset Utility dialog box, select the Yes option.
- Type the downgrade firmware version key in the Enter key here field. Click the OK button.
- Once done, click the OK button.
Epson WF-7840 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
Refer to the printer’s manual before you operate the printer. Resetting the printer is considered to be one of the troubleshooting to resolve the printer problems, but always make sure you have it only as the final option. Here are a few printer issues and their troubleshooting steps are provided. You can get help from our technical experts for remote assistance.
Guide: Epson WF-7840 Offline
- Check if the Epson WF-7840 setup is turned on.
- Make sure the USB or Ethernet cable is firmly connected between the printer and your computer.
- If you are using the wireless connection, ensure both the printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- On the computer, open Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the Epson WF-7840 printer icon and click See what’s printing.
- In the Printer tab, check if the Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing options are not selected.
- If needed, set Epson WF-7840 as the default printer for printing.
Fixed: Epson WF-7840 Paper Jam
- You will get an error message on the display panel when a paper jam error occurs on the printer. Carry out the display panel instructions to find the jammed paper and remove it.
- Still, if any torn pieces of paper are present inside the Epson WF-7840 setup, select the Settings option.
- Choose the Maintenance option followed by the Remove Paper option.
- If the paper had jammed in the rear cover, cancel the print job.
- Open the printer’s rear cover.
- Take out the jammed paper from the inside of the printer and the duplexer.
- Lastly, close the rear cover.
Fix Epson WF-7840 Paper Feed Problem
- If the paper does not feed properly, remove the paper from the paper cassette and load it again.
- Do not slide the edge guides tightly against the paper.
- Make sure the printer is placed on a flat surface.
- Place the paper cassette correctly inside the Epson WF-7840 setup.
- You should not exceed the maximum paper limit while loading paper in the paper cassette.
- Clean the roller inside the printer. Also, remove the dust particles in the paper path.
- Use only the recommended paper type.
Steps: Epson Wf-7840 Reset
- Select the options mentioned here: Settings > General Settings > System Administrator > Restore Default Settings.
- Choose one of these options.
- Network Settings – Restores all the network settings
- Copy Settings – Restores all the copy settings
- Scan Settings – Restores all the scan settings
- Fax Settings – Restores all the fax settings
- Clear All Data and Settings – Restores the control panel settings
- When a confirmation message appears, select Yes on the Epson WF-7840 setup’s control panel.
Solved: Epson WF-7840 Scanner Error
- If the scanning software does not operate properly, check if your computer has adequate memory.
- Make sure the computer is not in power-saving mode.
- If you have upgraded your computer’s OS, reinstall the scanning software.
- The connection between the Epson WF-7840 setup and the computer should be secure at both ends.