Notice: Undefined index: dir in /home/printers/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson Wf 545
Epson WorkForce 545 Setup
Epson Workforce 545 is an All-in-One printer supporting the printing, scanning, copying, and faxing operations. You can save a lot of time as the printer can print at high speed. Also, you can scan, copy, or fax using the 30-page ADF, which makes work simpler. To perform the Epson WorkForce 545 setup, carry out the simple instructions given below.
Unpack your printer
- Take the Epson Workforce 545 printer out of the box.
- Remove all the protective materials.
- Peel off the packing tapes.
- Make sure the essential accessories are included in the box.
Turn on your printer
- Plug the power cord into the printer’s rear port and connect its other end to an electrical outlet.
- Raise the printer’s control panel.
- Press the ON button to turn on the printer.
Specify your initial settings
- Select your language, country/region, date format, and time format.
- Press OK to save these settings.
- Continue with the steps given below to finish the Epson Workforce 545 setup.
Install the ink cartridges
- Raise the printer’s scanner unit. Open the ink cartridge cover.
- Take a black cartridge and shake it for about five times.
- Remove the black cartridge from the package. Peel off the yellow tape.
- Insert the black cartridge into its slot.
- Do the same to insert the cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges into their respective slots.
- Close the ink cartridge cover. Lower the printer’s scanner unit properly.
- Press the OK button for charging the ink delivery system.
- Note: If you see the Wireless LAN Setup menu on the LCD panel, do not press the OK button.
- Take out the paper cassette.
- Move the edge guides outward.
- Insert some paper with their glossy or printable side face down in the paper cassette.
- Place the paper cassette back to the printer.
- Open the output tray.
- Once you complete the Epson Workforce 545 setup, you can install the software on your computer.
Epson Workforce 545 Driver Download
Method 1 – Download the Printer Driver from this page
- Click the Driver Download button given below.
- The downloaded driver will be saved in the Downloads folder.
Method 2 – Download the printer driver from the manufacturer web page
- Visit the official Epson web page and search for the Epson Workforce 545 printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Navigate to the Operating System drop-down menu and make sure the detected computer’s OS is correct.
- Go to the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package file and click Download to download the Epson Workforce 545 printer driver to your computer.
Epson Workforce 545 Manual Download
Method 1 – Download the manual from this web page
To download a soft copy of the Epson WorkForce 545 setup, click the Manual Download button provided below.
Method 2 – Download the manual from the manufacturer web page
- Access the official Epson web page and click the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- Click the PDF link beside your preferred manual.
- A soft copy of the printer manual will be saved in the computer’s default folder
Epson Workforce 545 Driver Installation
- First, make sure the Epson printer is not connected to your computer.
- Insert the printer’s CD into the computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Follow the computer’s on-screen instructions to install the Epson Workforce 545 printer driver.
Epson Workforce 545 Ink Replacement
- Turn off the Epson WorkForce 545 setup.
- Press the Setup button on the control panel.
- Select Maintenance -> Ink Cartridge Replacement.
- Open the scanner unit followed by the cartridge cover of the printer.
- Remove the used cartridge from the slot.
- Take a new cartridge, shake it five times, and unpack it.
- Insert the ink cartridge into its slot.
- After the Epson Workforce 545 printer’s ink replacement, close the ink cartridge cover followed by the scanner unit.
Epson Workforce 545 Wireless Setup
- On the Epson Workforce 545 printer’s control panel, press the Setup button.
- Select the Network Settings option and then press OK.
- Choose the Wireless LAN Setup option and press OK.
- Select the Setup Wizard option and press OK.
- When you see the list of available wireless networks, select your SSID.
- Note: If you want to manually enter the network name, choose the Other SSIDs option and press OK.
- Provide your wireless network key, select the Done option, and press the OK button.
- To confirm the displayed wireless network settings, press OK.
- To print a network setup report, select the Yes option and press OK.
- Check if the Wi-Fi LED is turned on. It indicates that the wireless setup on the Epson Workforce 545 printer has been established successfully.
Epson Workforce 545 Wireless Setup Mac
- Configure your wireless network settings using the Epson WorkForce 545 setup’s control panel.
- Note: Make sure to provide the SSID and network key correctly.
- To perform the Epson Workforce 545 printer’s wireless setup on Mac, carry out the following steps.
- Ensure that both your Mac computer and the printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- On the Mac computer, download the Epson Workforce 545 printer software from the manufacturer website.
- Double-click the installer to begin the installation wizard.
- When the Select Your Connection window opens, choose the Wireless Connection option.
- Carry out the rest of the prompts to complete the installation.
How to Connect Epson Workforce 545 to Computer?
- Insert the printer’s installation CD into the computer’s CD drive.
- Open the installer and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- When you see the Select Your Connection window, choose the Direct USB Connection option.
- Now, use a USB cable to connect the Epson WorkForce 545 setup to your computer.
- Perform the remaining on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
How to Install Epson Workforce 545 on Mac?
- Perform the initial hardware setup of the printer.
- Place the printer’s installation CD into the Mac computer’s CD drive.
- Note: If your computer does not have a CD drive or you have lost the installation CD, you can download the printer software from the manufacturer website.
- Locate the installer and double-click it.
- Select the Continue option and follow the prompts as displayed on the screen.
- Choose your preferred connection type in the Select Your Connection window.
- Carry out the prompts to finish the installation of the Epson Workforce 545 printer on Mac.
How to Connect iPhone to Epson Workforce 545?
- First, connect your Epson WorkForce 545 setup to your network.
- To connect your iPhone to the Epson Workforce 545 printer, you have to connect the iPhone to the same wireless network (that is the same as the printer connected to).
- Download and install the Epson iPrint application on the iPhone.
- Using this app, you can print photos, documents, and web pages from the iPhone.
Epson Workforce 545 Print Setup
Before the Epson Workforce 545 print setup, make sure you have performed the hardware setup and installed the software on your computer.
- First, place enough paper in the paper cassette.
- Now, open a document for printing on your computer.
- Select the Print option from the File menu. If needed, choose the Epson WorkForce 545 setup.
- Open the Printing Preferences window. Click the Main tab and fill the required fields correctly.
- You can preview the document before printing it. To finish the Epson Workforce 545 print setup, click the OK option. The printer begins to print the document according to the specified print settings.
Epson Workforce 545 Scanner Setup
The Epson Workforce 545 scanner setup can be done easily from the printer control panel or from the scanner software installed on your computer.
Epson Workforce 545 Fax Setup
The Epson Workforce 545 fax setup requires a phone cable and a telephone wall jack. To send/receive faxes, you have to establish a connection between the Epson WorkForce 545 setup’s EXT port and your telephone using another phone cable. If you don’t want to use the telephone for the connection, you can enable the Auto Answer feature.
How to Clean Print Head Epson Workforce 545?
- Load some plain paper into the printer’s paper cassette.
- To clean the print head using the Epson Workforce 545 printer’s control panel, press the Setup button.
- Select Maintenance -> OK -> Head Cleaning -> OK -> OK.
- Choose your cleaning cycle and press the Start button.
- The Epson WorkForce 545 setup begins to clean the print head.
- Once done, you will see the ‘Print head cleaning is complete’ message on the printer’s LCD panel.
- Select the Nozzle Check option and press OK.
- To confirm that the print head is clean, press the Start button.
Epson Workforce 545 Firmware Update
- The Recovery Mode Firmware update version for the printer. You can download this file from the official Epson website.
- After downloading it, double-click it and follow the on-screen steps to update the Epson WorkForce 545 setup’s firmware.
- Make sure the printer is connected to your computer with a USB cable.
- Note: This firmware update must be done only when you see the Recovery Mode error message on the printer’s LCD panel.
- Wait until the firmware update completes. Usually, this might take up to 15 minutes.
Epson Workforce 545 Troubleshooting
Most of the commonly occurring printer problems can be fixed if you perform the right troubleshooting instructions. If the problem is with the control panel settings, you can reset them to the factory defaults and then reconfigure them. If you need technical assistance for the Epson WorkForce 545 setup troubleshooting, contact our technical experts.