EPSON WORKFORCE 840 TROUBLESHOOTING
Epson XP 610 is a small-in-one printer that comes with a scanner and copier. It is compact and affordable. The Epson XP 610 printer can print 17 pages per minute; thus, it can meet the requirements of your home. If you want to know the setup procedure for the Epson XP 610 printer, continue to read the following sections.
Epson Workforce 840 Troubleshooting
The Epson WorkForce 840 produces outstanding print quality in record time and offers an abundance of workhorse features, including auto-duplexing, wireless networking, support for mobile printing, and easy setup for both USB and network connections.
- One-sided — 15 ISO ppm (black), 9.3 ISO ppm (color)
- Two-sided — 7.4 ISO ppm (black), 5.4 ISO ppm (color)
- Print up to 1000 pages
- Built-in 500-sheet paper capacity
You have seen the features of the Epson WorkForce 840 printer. But, there are issues you might face in the long run. Some of the issues require basic troubleshooting. Here are some issues that might occur while using the Epson WorkForce 840 printer.
Issue 1: The printer is printing blank pages
This issue is quite common with any printer. There are several factors that can cause the printer to print blank pages. The issue could be print settings, low on ink, or other hardware issues.Make sure that the WorkForce printer is placed on a flat surface. The printer won’t function if it’s in a tilted position.
Ink Cartridge issue:
- Check the ink cartridges in the printer
- Open the scanning unit of the printer.
- On the right, open the cartridge cover.
- Press the tab and remove the ink cartridge installed.
- Make sure that you have the protective tape removed from the printer.
- Close the cartridge cover and the scanning unit.
Check the paper:
- Check if the paper is properly placed in the paper.
- Ensure that the paper is loaded based on the paper size and orientation.
- Ensure that one or more pages in the paper stack are not damaged or curled.
Skip Blank page printing:
- Open Settings (Windows + I).
- Select Devices > Printers & Scanners.
- Choose the Epson WorkForce 840 printer.
- Select Manage > Printing Preferences.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Select the Skip Blank Page option and click OK.
- Click the Apple logo.
- Select System Preferences.
- Click the Print & Scan button.
- Select the Epson WorkForce 840 printer.
- Choose Options & Supplies.
- Select the Options tab.
- Click the On option for Skip Blank Page.
- Click the OK button.
Issue 2: Printer goes offline
If your Epson WorkForce 840 printer goes offline, here is a simple method that can come in handy.
Restart Print Spooler
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Open field.
- Press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service.
- Do a right-click and select the Restart option.
This is a sure method to troubleshoot the Epson WorkForce 840 printer.
Issue 3: Paper Jam issue in Epson WorkForce 840
If the paper does not feed on your Epson printer, here are the simple steps to resolve the issue.
Make sure that the Epson WorkForce 840 printer is turned off.
Jam inside the printer:
- Open the scanning unit of the printer.
- Look for the jammed paper and remove it from the printer; discard it.
Jam in the duplexer:
- Remove the duplexer located at the back of the printer (press the tab from the sides and remove it).
- Look for the jammed paper and remove it from the printer.
- Remove the duplexer from the printer.
- Check for the jammed paper that is stuck inside.
- Place the duplexer back into the printer and close the rear cover.
Jam in the paper tray:
- Open the paper tray from the front of the printer.
- Remove the jammed paper present on top of the paper stack.
- Remove the paper stack from the paper tray.
- Arrange the paper properly and remove the pages that are curled or crushed in any way.
- Place the paper stack back into the printer.
- Close the paper tray back into the printer.
Follow the issues you might face based on this article and make use of the troubleshooting steps to fix the Epson WorkForce 840 printer. For further assistance, click CALL for technical assistance.