Notice: Undefined index: dir in /www/wwwroot/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson Pro Wf 4720
Epson WF-4720 Setup Guidance
Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4720 is an all-in-one inkjet printer suitable for home and micro-office groups. Advanced PrecisionCore technology helps in fast color printing and provides high-productivity. Read the below steps for Epson WF-4720 setup for the first time.
- Unbox the Epson printer and remove all the packaging materials and protective tapes from it.
- Look for the other printer accessories such as ink cartridges, installation CD, power cord, and user manuals in the box and keep them safe.
- Raise the scanner unit until it stops and then remove the protective materials from inside of the printer.
- Close the scanner unit.
Step-2: Power connection
- Connect the power cord between the wall outlet and the printer’s AC port.
- Lift the control panel and press the power button to turn on the printer.
- Set the language, country, date, and time.
Step-3: Ink cartridges installation
- Keep the scanner unit open without touching the white flat cables.
- Shake the new ink cartridge with the packet and then unpack it.
- Remove the protective film from the cartridge.
- Check the color and insert the cartridge into its holder until it clicks into a position.
- Similarly, install the other ink cartridges.
- Close the scanner unit and check the display panel for the ink charging message.
- Follow the instructions to complete the ink charging process.
Step-4: Feed paper
- Once the ink charging is done, lower the control panel, lift the output tray, and take out the paper cassette.
- Move the paper guides to the tray edge and set the front edge guide according to the paper size.
- Arrange the paper stack such that the printing face is down in the paper cassette.
- Adjust the paper guides to the edges of the paper.
- Carefully place the cassette into the printer.
- Lower the output tray and then draw out the tray extension.
- Configure the paper settings on the control panel.
Step-5: Fax connection
- Plug your telephone line cable from the wall jack to the Epson WF-4720 setup’s LINE port.
- Select Proceed to continue the Fax setup, otherwise select Set Up Later.
Step-6: Software installation
- Install the Epson printer software on your computer when the printer’s hardware setup is complete.
- The printer software helps to manage and control the printer from your computer.
Epson Workforce Pro WF-4720 Driver Download
- You can download the printer driver from this page.
- If not, open a new tab in the browser and go to the official Epson website.
- Find your printer model and access its support page.
- Select the Downloads tab, then choose the operating system from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Download button of the driver you want to download.
Epson Workforce Pro WF-4720 Download Manual
- The Epson WF-4720 setup manual is supplied with the printer and it is also available online.
- Visit the official Epson website.
- Go to the printer’s support page.
- Under Manuals and Warranty, click on the PDF link of the user manual to download it.
- You can download the user manual in the HTML format as well.
Epson Workforce Pro WF-4720 Driver Installation
- Download the printer driver on your computer or insert the printer’s installation CD into the computer.
- Open the driver installer file to start the installation.
- Read the license agreement and accept the terms and policies.
- Under Software Selection, choose the required software and click the Install button.
- The installation progress status appears on the screen.
- Wait until the installation is complete.
- Next, choose the connection type when prompted.
Epson WF-4720 Ink Cartridges Replacement
- Get the genuine ink cartridges from the Epson store if you want to replace them.
- Keep the Epson WF-4720 setup turned on and then select Maintenance > Ink Cartridge(s) Replacement > Next > Start.
- Lift the scanner unit and remove the used ink cartridges.
- Shake the new ink cartridge, unpack it, and remove the yellow tape.
- Install the ink cartridge in the respective slot.
- If you want to replace other ink cartridges, then repeat the same process.
- Close the scanner unit and then select Completed on the printer’s display panel.
- Check the printer screen and follow the instructions to perform the ink charging.
Epson WF-4720 Wireless Setup
- Turn on the Wi-Fi router network and connect your computer to it.
- Write down the Wi-Fi network name and password.
- Keep the printer turned on during the entire setup process.
- Open the driver installer file on the computer and run the installation.
- After installing the software, choose Wireless connection as the connection method.
- Select a setup option and click Next.
- If you want the printer to connect to the Wi-Fi network automatically, select Yes (recommended) under Wi-Fi Auto Connect.
- If the installer cannot detect the Wi-Fi network, choose Using control panel as the wireless network setup method.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the available networks.
- Move to the printer and press the Home button.
- Tap the Wi-Fi connection icon and select Wi-Fi (Recommended) > Wi-Fi setup Wizard.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network name. If it isn’t listed, select Enter manually and input the network name and password.
- Once the connection is made, print a test page and complete the connection setup.
Epson WF-4720 Double Sided Printing
- After connecting the Epson WF-4720 setup and your computer, open the document to be printer on the computer.
- Click the Print icon in the application and the print settings window will appear.
- Set the necessary print settings and enable the 2-Sided Printing option.
- Click the Settings button to open the 2-Sided Printing Settings window.
- Select a binding edge option, make the other changes, and click OK.
- Tick the checkbox of Print Preview and then click OK.
Epson Workforce Pro Wf-4720 Scan Setup
- Download the scanner driver on your computer and install it.
- Connect the Epson WF-4720 setup and your computer via a wired or wireless network.
- Place the document on the scanner glass or in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- On the scanner’s home screen, select Scan and then choose any of the scan options.
- Follow the instructions displayed to perform the scan.
- Otherwise, open the Epson scanning program on the computer and make the necessary scan settings.
Epson WF-4720 Scan to Computer
- Check whether the scanner and the computer are connected.
- Load the scan document on the scanner glass or in the ADF.
- Press the home button on the control panel, tap the Scan menu, and select Computer.
- Following that, select your computer model to which you want to send the scanned document.
- Complete the scan operation by following the prompts on the Epson WF-4720 setup.
Epson WF-4720 Scan to Email Setup
Step-1: Configure your email server
- Go to the scanner home screen and select Settings > General Settings > Network Settings > Advanced > Server Settings.
- Choose your server authentication method and make the other relevant changes.
- Tap Proceed to save the settings. Tap Close and select Connection Check to verify if the email server connection is correct.
Step-2: Start scanning
- Load the document on the scanner glass.
- Open the home screen, select Scan, and then choose Email.
- Select an email address from the contact list or enter the email address manually and select OK.
- Next, tap Scan settings, enter the subject, and make the filename settings.
- Set the scan settings as the preset to save the settings.
- Tap Send to send the scanned document to the email address.
Guide: Epson WF-4720 Scanner Driver
- Install the scanner driver on the computer to perform the scan operation.
- The scanner driver is available on the official Epson website.
- Navigate to the printer’s support page.
- Under Downloads, select the operating system and download the relevant scanner driver package.
- After downloading the scanner driver, install it on the computer.
Epson WF-4720 Fax Setup
- Connect the telephone line cable from the wall jack to the LINE port of the printer.
- On the home screen of the Epson WF-4720 setup, select Settings > General Settings > Fax Settings > Fax Settings Wizard.
- Once the wizard screen appears, select Proceed.
- On the Fax Header screen, enter the sender’s name and phone number.
- Following that, configure the Distinctive Ring settings and choose a ring pattern.
- If you have connected an answering machine or any other device, set the Receive Mode Settings.
- When all the basic fax settings are done, tap Start Checking on the Run Check fax Connection screen to verify the Fax connection.
- Continue the fax setup process to configure the advanced Fax settings.
Epson WF-4720 Firmware Update
- Update the printer firmware regularly to maintain the performance of the printer.
- Go to the official Epson support webpage from the web browser.
- Click the Downloads tab and then select the operating system from the drop-down menu.
- Select Firmware to expand it.
- Click the Download button of the latest Epson WF-4720 setup firmware update and install it to update the firmware successfully.
Epson WF-4720 Firmware Downgrade
- If you are not satisfied with the firmware update, you can use the below steps to downgrade it.
- Connect your computer and the printer using a USB cable.
- Place your thumb on the upper right end of the display panel, outside the blue screen, and then hold the power button until the blue power light glows.
- The message “Program Update Mode” will appear on the screen.
- Find the old firmware version and download it on your computer.
- Now, open the firmware file, tick the checkbox beside USB, and run the installation.
- The blue power light flashes until the firmware downgrade process is complete.
- Once the “Finished” message appears on the screen, touch the screen with your thumb.
- Start the printer normally.
Epson WF-4720 Setup Troubleshooting Guide
When the printer faces a problem, the relevant error message appears on the printer display. Understand the error and refer to the user manual to learn the basic troubleshooting steps. If you cannot solve the printer error, contact our technical team for more support.
Guide: Epson WF-4720 Offline
- Make sure the Epson WF-4720 setup is connected to the network and the computer.
- Tighten the network cable ends to secure the connection.
- Check if the printer is within the range of the Wi-Fi signal.
- For the Windows computer, open the Devices and Printers window and right-click your printer model. See if the Use Printer Offline option is enabled, and then disable it.
- Restart the printer and connect it to the network again.
- See that the printer is not in sleep mode.
Steps: Epson WF-4720 Reset
- When you reset the printer, all the printer settings will be erased, and the printer will be restored to the default factory settings.
- On the printer’s home screen, choose the options Settings > Restore Default Settings.
- Different reset options will appear on the screen.
- Select Clear All Data and Settings to reset the entire Epson WF-4720 setup settings.
- If you do not want to reset all the settings, choose the suitable one from the given options.
Fix: Epson WF-4720 Scanner Error
- If there is any problem with the scanner, try out the below steps.
- See that the scanner and your computer are connected to the same network.
- Install the scanner driver on the computer and then perform scanning.
- If you are scanning a high-resolution image or document, lower the resolution and then try to scan without any issue.
- If the Epson WF-4720 setup is disconnected from the network, check the network connection, and reconnect it.