Epson WorkForce WF-2860 Setup
Epson WF-2860 is a wireless All-in-One printer, and it delivers laser-quality performance. You can even print a quality document from your smartphone or tablet. The maximum print speed is up to 14 ISO ppm (black) or 7.5 ISO ppm (color).
The quick steps to do the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup for the first time are given on this page.
- Unpack the Epson WF-2860 printer.
- Plug the power cord between the printer’s rear port and an electrical outlet.
- Open the control panel and press the Press button.
- Once the printer turns on, set your language, country, and time.
- Open the scanner unit and install the ink cartridges in their holders.
- Close the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup’s scanner unit and select the Installed option.
- Wait until the printer completes the ink charging process.
- Load adequate paper into the paper cassette.
- To use the printer for sending a fax, plug a phone cord between the printer’s LINE port and a telephone wall jack.
- When prompted, select the Proceed option to continue with the fax setup. Or else, select Set up later.
- Install the Epson WF-2860 printer driver on your computer using the installation CD.
Epson WF-2860 Driver Download
- To download the Epson WF-2860 printer driver, click Driver Download provided on this page.
- Alternatively, download the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer file from the official Epson website.
- It will be saved in your computer’s Downloads folder.
Epson WF-2860 Setup Manual Download
- Click Manual Download on this page to download the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup manual.
- Alternatively, access the official Epson website and click Manuals and Warranty.
- Navigate to Start Here Installation Guide and click PDF.
- To save the printer manual on your computer, click the Download icon.
Epson WF-2860 Driver Install
- Insert the installation CD into your computer’s CD drive. If your computer does not have a CD drive, download the driver from the manufacturer website.
- To run the setup file, perform the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure to select your preferred connection type in the Select Your Connection window.
- Carry out the remaining instructions on the screen to complete the driver installation.
How to Change Ink on Epson WF-2860 Printer?
- Make sure the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup is turned on.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the Home button.
- Select the options given below.
- Ink Cartridge(s) Replacement
- Open the Epson printer’s scanner unit.
- Remove the used ink cartridge and dispose of it carefully.
- If you want to replace the black ink cartridge, shake the new black ink cartridge and unpack it.
- If you need to replace the color ink cartridges, you no need to shake the new color ink cartridges. Simply unpack them.
- Note: You should not shake the black ink cartridge after removing it from the package.
- Place the unpacked ink cartridge and push it in the holder.
- Once done, close the scanner unit and check if the Completed message appears on the display panel.
- Now, the print head moves to its original position, and the printer begins to charge the ink.
- The manufacturer recommends not to turn off the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup while the ink is charging.
Epson WF-2860 Wireless Setup
- If needed, press Home on the control panel.
- Select the Wireless icon.
- Choose the Wi-Fi (Recommended) option.
- Select Start Setup or Change Settings -> Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Now, choose the router’s network name.
- Note: If your router’s SSID is not displayed on the Select Access Point screen, select the Enter Manually option and type the SSID correctly.
- In the Enter Password field, type the network key using the keypad.
- To confirm the entered network settings, select the Start Setup option.
- To print a network setup report, select the Print Check Report option. Or else, press the OK button to finish the wireless setup.
- If the wireless setup is unsuccessful, provide the correct network name and password again.
Epson WF-2860 Print Head Replacement
- Raise the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup’s scanner unit and take out all the ink cartridges.
- Remove the screws and take the print head.
- Replace the old print head with a new one.
- Put the screws and insert all the ink cartridges into the holder.
- Lower the printer’s scanner unit.
How to Clean Print Heads Epson WF-2860 Printer?
Method 1 Using the Printer’s Control Panel
- Place the required number of plain paper in the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup cassette.
- Press Home on the control panel.
- Select the Maintenance option and choose the Print Head Cleaning option.
- To begin the print head cleaning, select the Start option.
- After the print head cleaning, you will see a completed message on the LCD panel.
- Select Check -> Print to print a nozzle check pattern. Using the printed page, you can check whether the print head is clean or not.
Method 2 – Using the Printer Utility
- Navigate to the Windows taskbar’s right side and right-click the printer icon.
- Select the Head Cleaning option and click the Start button.
- This will start the print head cleaning.
- Once it completes, click Print Check Pattern -> Print to print a nozzle print pattern.
- Check if the print head is clean. If so, select the Finish option.
- If the print head is not clean, click the Clean option to clean the printer’s print head again.
How to Connect Epson WF-2860 to Computer?
- Download and install the Epson WF-2860 printer software on your computer.
- You can even install it using the installation CD.
- While installing it, choose the Direct USB connection option in the Select Your Connection window.
- When prompted, connect a USB cable’s one end to the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup’s rear port.
- Plug the USB cable’s other end into the computer’s USB port.
Epson WorkForce WF-2860 Firmware Update
- Navigate to the Start menu on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click Epson Software -> Epson Software Updater.
- Choose the Epson WF-2860 printer.
- Select the checkbox beside the Firmware Updater option and click Install item(s).
- Click Yes -> Agree -> OK -> Start.
- After updating the printer’s firmware, select the Finish option.
- Select OK in the Epson Software Updater dialog box.
Epson WF-2860 Firmware Downgrade
- Download the previous version of the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup firmware from the official Epson website.
- Double-click it and continue with the steps on the screen.
- Once done, the printer’s firmware will be downgraded.
Epson WorkForce WF-2860 Setup Troubleshooting
The printer is designed to work only with genuine Epson ink cartridges. The printer fails to work properly if you use incompatible ink cartridges. A frequently occurring Epson WF-2860 printer problems and their solutions are given below. Contact our technical experts if you need assistance in resolving the problem.
Epson WF-2860 Offline
The Printer Offline error message can be caused by the printer or your computer. Carry out the following steps to resolve this problem.
- Check if you can print a nozzle check pattern. If you cannot print it, clear the error message appears on the display panel.
- If you can print a nozzle check pattern, clear the pending print jobs, if any.
- On your computer, navigate to the Epson print queue and click Printer. The Use Printer Offline option should not be selected.
- If you have connected the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup to your computer using an Ethernet cable, the IP address set on the printer must be the same on the computer.
Fix Epson WF-2860 Paper Jam
- When the Paper jam error message appears on the display panel, carry out the LCD panel instructions to clear the jammed paper.
- While removing the jammed paper, do not apply too much force as it might damage the printer.
- Also, do not tilt the printer.
- Do not press the printer’s control panel buttons while your hand is inside the printer.
Quick Steps: Epson WF-2860 Not Printing Solution
- Check if the Epson WF-2860 printer is turned on.
- The interface cable must be connected securely between the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup and your computer.
- Do not use a USB hub as an intermediate if you are using a USB cable for the connection.
- If the printer status is offline, change it to online.
- Check if the printer software is installed correctly by printing a test page. If the problem is with the printer software, uninstall it.
- Download the latest Epson printer software and install it on the computer.
- If necessary, set Epson WF-2860 as the default printer for printing.
- Clear all the stalled print jobs from the Print Queue and try to print again.
Epson WF-2860 Does Not Recognize Ink Cartridge
After replacing the ink cartridges, you might see the Ink is not recognized error message on the display panel. It is mainly due to the improper installation of the ink cartridges. To resolve this problem, follow the simple steps.
- Select the Next option followed by the OK option.
- Open the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup’s scanner unit.
- Remove the ink cartridges and install them again correctly in the holders.
- Close the scanner unit properly. Check if the Completed message appears on the LCD panel.
- Wait until the print head moves to its position, and the printer charges the ink.
How to Clean Epson WF-2860 Printer?
- Turn off the Epson WF-2860 printer and unplug its power cord.
- Make sure to disconnect any other connected cables.
- Draw the paper cassette out from the printer. Take out all the paper from the cassette.
- Lift-open the printer’s document cover. Wipe the scanner glass with a soft and lint-free cloth moistened with a glass cleaner.
- Note: You should not spray glass cleaner directly on the scanner glass.
- Close the printer’s document cover properly.
- Raise the ADF cover and clean the rollers using a soft, dry, and lint-free cloth.
- Clean the area inside of the ADF input tray.
- Use a soft and dry cloth to clean the Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup’s outer case and control panel.
Steps: Epson WF-2860 Reset
- Select the Settings option on the Epson WF-2860 printer’s control panel.
- Scroll down and then select the Restore Default Settings option.
- Choose one of the options given below.
- Network Settings
- Copy Settings
- Scan Settings
- Fax Settings
- Clear All Data and Settings
- Select the Yes option when you see a confirmation message on the display panel.
- Now, the specified Epson WorkForce WF-2860 setup settings will be reset to the factory defaults.