Epson XP-340 Printer Setup Support
Epson XP 340 is a wireless color printer with scanner and copier functions. It has a 1.44″ LCD screen for easy navigation and supports Wi-Fi direct for router-less printing. Consider the procedure given below for the first time Epson XP-340 printer setup. First, take out the printer from the carton and place it in a proper location. Remove all the packing materials like tapes and plastic covers from the printer. Open the scanner unit to remove the tapes and protective films inside the printer. Close the scanner unit. Check the printer components that are included in the package. Connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer. Plug in the other end of the power cord to an AC outlet. Press the Power button on the control panel of the printer to turn on the printer. You can now set the date and time on the printer by following the instructions on the screen.
Open the scanner unit to install the ink cartridges. Unpack each ink cartridge cover and insert it in the ink tank slot. Refer to the label on the slot while inserting the colors. Press each cartridge until it clicks into place. Once you have installed the ink cartridges, close the scanner unit. Press the Start button. The printer will now begin to charge the ink delivery system. Wait for about seven minutes until the process is complete. Raise the paper input tray and slide the paper guides to the edges of the tray. Now, align a stack of paper and insert them into the paper input tray. Pull the output tray and set the paper settings on the printer. With this the Epson XP-340 printer setup will be done and you have to install the printer software to connect the printer and your computer. You can download the printer driver from the official Epson website. Run the installer file to begin the installation. Select the preferred connection type and complete the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
Epson XP-340 Firmware Update
- Make sure to connect the Epson printer and computer.
- Open the official Epson website from your web browser.
- Navigate to the Support page and type the Epson printer’s model number in the Search section. Hit the Enter key.
- Once you are on the printer’s page, click the Downloads tab.
- Go to the Firmware section and click Download next to the latest firmware version.
- You can also use the Epson Software Updater utility to update the firmware of the printer.
- Open Epson Software Updater and choose your printer model.
- Now, checkmark the Firmware Updater box and click on the Install 1 item(s) button.
- To allow the application to make changes, click Yes.
- When the Epson Firmware Updater screen appears, click on the Start button.
- The Epson XP-340 printer setup will restart automatically when the firmware updating process is complete.
- Click on the Finish button in the Epson Firmware Updater window.
- When the successful dialog box appears, click on the OK button.
Epson XP-340 Firmware Downgrade
If you are facing issues after a firmware update, you can downgrade the printer firmware.
- First, turn off the printer.
- Now, press the Home button, Down arrow button, and Cancel button together. Hold the buttons until you see the ROM menu on the printer’s screen.
- You can now download the older version of the printer firmware.
- Once the downloading process is over, run the installer. Click on the Next button.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- When prompted to overwrite the firmware, click Yes.
- Now, click on the Start button in the Epson Firmware Updater window.
- Once the firmware is downgraded, you can see the Finished message on the printer screen.
- Simultaneously, click on the Finish button on the Epson Firmware Updater window.
- Remove the power cable from the printer and reconnect it.
- Now, the printer firmware has been successfully downgraded.
Epson XP-340 Printer Setup Troubleshooting
If you are facing issues on your Epson XP 340 printer, check the printer screen for any errors. Continue the on-screen instructions to fix the error. Most of the errors that occur on the printer and their troubleshooting techniques are mentioned below.
Epson XP-340 Offline Solution
- Ensure that the printer is turned on and not in sleep mode.
- Ensure that the printer and computer are properly connected.
- Delete any pending or stuck printing jobs in the queue.
- If you have connected the printer and computer through a wireless network, make sure that both devices are connected to the same network.
- Open the Devices and Printers window on your Windows computer connected to the printer. Right-click on your printer and select the Set as default printer option.
- Reboot your printer and computer to re-establish the connection. Then start printing.
- If the issue persists, reinstall the printer software by downloading it from the printer’s official website.
Epson XP-340 Paper Jam Error
- If any paper is jammed, open the Epson XP-340 printer setup tray and check for the jammed paper.
- If you find any paper stuck inside, remove it using both hands.
- Remove the stack of paper in the paper tray and fan it well.
- Now, reload the paper. Make sure to load paper only below the maximum paper mark to avoid paper jams.
Fix Epson XP-340 Paper Feed Error
- If the paper does not feed on Epson XP-340 printer setup, remove the whole stack of paper from the paper tray.
- Reload the paper after properly aligning it.
- Slide the paper guides according to the size of the paper.
- Make sure that the paper stack is below the arrow mark.
- If the printer has fed multiple pages, remove the paper and fan it well before loading it to fix the issue.
Solved Epson XP-340 Not Printing
- If your Epson XP-340 printer setup is not printing, check whether the cartridges have run out of ink.
- If you find that the ink cartridges are low on ink level, replace them.
- Check whether the yellow tape on the cartridges is removed before installing.
- Place the printer on a flat surface and restart the printer and computer.
- Make sure to connect your printer and computer to the same network if you use a wireless connection.
- If you find any paper jams, remove the paper stuck using both hands.
- If the issue persists, reinstall the printer software to fix the issue.
Guide: Epson XP-340 Not Printing Black
- Print a test page to check the Epson XP-340 printer setup’s ink level.
- Replace the ink cartridges that are low or empty.
- Make sure that the ink cartridges are fitted into place.
- Print a nozzle check pattern and clean the print head if necessary.
- If the printheads are clogged, clean the print head using a clean lint-free cloth.
- Restart the printer to fix the issue.
Solve: Epson Xp 340 Ink Cartridge Not Recognized
If the ink cartridges are not fixed correctly, the ink cartridges not recognized error appears on the screen. To fix the issue, follow the procedure given below.
- When the ink cartridge not recognized message appears on the screen, select the option to replace the cartridge and press the OK button.
- Press the Home button. Go to the Epson XP-340 printer Setup section and select Maintenance.
- Now, select Ink Cartridge Replacement and press the OK button.
- Press the Start button. When prompted to replace the ink cartridges, open the scanner unit.
- Squeeze the tab on each cartridge and remove all the ink cartridges.
- Check whether the yellow tapes are properly removed on all the ink cartridges.
- Now, reinsert the ink cartridges one by one. Press each ink cartridge down until it clicks into place. Close the scanner unit.
- Press the Start button to start the priming process.
Fixed: Epson XP-340 Won’t Connect To Wifi
- Ensure that there are no issues with your Internet Service Provider.
- Make sure to connect both your computer and Epson XP-340 printer setup to the same wireless network.
- If you are facing network issues, reset the network setup on your printer and reconnect it to the network.
- Press the Home button on the Epson printer and select Wi-Fi Setup. Press the OK button.
- Select the Wi-Fi option and press the OK button.
- Go to Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and tap the OK button.
- Choose the name of your network and press the OK button. You can also enter it manually.
- Type the password of your network and touch OK.
- Now, press the Start button on the printer to print the network configuration sheet and make sure the printer has been connected to the network.
How to Reset Epson XP-340 Printer?
- If you face issues on the printer and can’t resolve it, you can do a factory reset.
- Press the Home button on the printer and go to the Setup section. Press the OK button. Select the Restore Default Settings option and touch the OK button.
- Now, you can select the required option and press the OK button.
- If you are facing network related issues, select Network Settings.
- To reset all other settings except network settings, select All except Network.
- The All Settings option will reset all the control panel settings.
- Press the OK button to confirm the reset.
- Once the factory resetting process is complete, you can configure the Epson XP-340 printer setup.