How To Perform Epson XP-340 Setup?
Epson XP-340 is a wireless color photo printer that can print, copy, and scan all your documents remotely from any wireless device using wireless connectivity or Wi-Fi Direct. The Epson XP-340 printer also supports mobile printing and allows you to send the scanned documents to an email or Cloud. The Epson XP-340 setup is very simple than you think if you go through the quick steps given below.
- You have to unpack the printer first and then take out the printer supplies.
- Next, remove all the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect your printer to a wall outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Raise your printer’s control panel and press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Open the scanner unit and raise it to the locking position.
- Gently shake the ink cartridges and unpack them from the sealed cover.
- Install the ink cartridges into the ink holder after removing the yellow tapes from them.
- After installing the ink cartridges, lower the scanner unit and press the Start button to start ink priming.
- Wait until the ink priming process is completed.
- Flip the feeder guard forward and load a stack of legal plain paper into the rear feed slot.
- Adjust the loaded paper with paper width guides.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the OK button after checking the current paper settings.
- If necessary, select Change to modify the paper settings and press OK.
- Finally, install the printer software on your computer using the supplied software installation disc.
- After completing the driver installation, verify the printer functionality by printing a test page remotely from your computer.
Epson XP-340 Driver Download
You can download the Epson XP-340 printer’s driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. However, you can also download it from the official Epson site if you wish. While downloading the printer driver, make sure to choose the correct OS version.
Epson XP-340 Manual Download
The Epson XP-340 printer’s manual is supplied along with the printer’s product box during the first-time purchase. However, you can download it by clicking the Manual Download button available on this page. Alternatively, you can download it from the official Epson site. Follow the steps below to do Epson XP-340 setup for downloading the manual.
Epson XP-340 Driver Installation
- You can install the Epson XP-340 printer driver using the supplied software installation disc or downloaded driver package.
- Avoid connecting your printer to the computer before running the driver installation wizard.
- Run the driver installer, agree to the EULA, and select the required printer software from the displayed options in the driver installation wizard.
- On the Select Your Connection screen, choose any one of the following options as your connection type.
- Wireless connection
- Direct USB connection
- Based on your connection type, establish the connection between your printer and the computer by following the on-screen prompts.
Epson XP-340 Wifi Setup
Refer to the steps below to do Epson XP-340 setup for Wireless connection using the printer’s control panel
- Turn on the Wi-Fi router, computer, and Epson XP-340 printer.
- Make sure you know the wireless network credentials such as wireless network name and network key.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network you are going to connect the printer.
- Run the driver installer from the software installation disc (CD-ROM) that came with the printer.
- If your computer doesn’t support the software installation disc, download the printer driver.
- After completing the download, double-click the installer file to launch the driver installation wizard.
- Agree to the EULA and choose the required software in the installation wizard.
- Once your desired software has been installed, you will see the Select Your Connection screen.
- Select the Wireless connection option and click the Next button.
- On the Select Setup Option screen, select the Set up printer for the first time option.
- If the Wi-Fi Auto Connect screen appears automatically, click the No radio button.
- Select the Using printer buttons option and click Next.
- The instructions to set up your printer on the wireless network will be displayed on the screen.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Select the Wi-Fi Setup option using the navigation keys.
- Choose Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and press the OK button.
- Select your wireless network name from the displayed list and enter the network key.
- Press OK and wait until the printer is connected to your wireless network.
- Once the printer has been connected to the wireless network, a confirmation message will be displayed on the LCD panel.
- If necessary, press the Start button to print the report.
- Move back to the driver installation window and finish the rest of the on-screen instructions.
- Once you have completed the driver installation, verify the printer functionality.
How To Change Ink In Epson XP-340?
Steps to perform Epson XP-340 setup for changing the ink on the printer.
- You have to replace the ink cartridges when a message stating that your ink cartridges are expended is displayed.
- Press OK and select the Replace now option to continue replacing the ink cartridges on your printer.
- If no message is displayed on the LCD screen, press the Home button and select Setup Maintenance Ink Cartridge Replacement.
- Press OK and start replacing the ink cartridges.
- Open/lift the scanner unit and squeeze the ink cartridge tab to remove the used ink cartridge.
- Before unpacking the new ink cartridge, shake it gently five times.
- Unpack the ink cartridge and remove the yellow tape without touching the nozzle area.
- Install the new cartridge into the ink holder and lower the scanner unit.
- Press the Start button to charge the ink tank.
- You have now replaced your Epson XP-340 printer’s ink cartridge.
How To Connect Epson XP-340 To Computer?
- You can connect your Epson XP-340 printer to your computer in various methods.
- If you have a wireless router, proceed with installing your printer over your wireless network.
- If you have a standard USB cable, you can connect your printer directly to your computer via USB.
- It is suggested not to connect your printer to the computer until prompted by the driver installation wizard.
- To make the connection much easier, run the driver installation wizard and follow the on-screen prompts.
Epson Xp 340 Print Setup
Simple procedure to do Epson XP-340 setup for printer connection.
- First, connect your printer to your Windows computer.
- Ensure that you have loaded the printer-supported paper into the rear feed slot.
- On your Windows computer, open the document you wish to print and select the print command to launch the Print dialog box.
- Choose your printer’s name from the pull-down menu and click the Properties button.
- In the pop-up window, click the Main tab and select the Document Size, Paper Type, Orientation, Paper Quality, and other required print settings.
- After selecting the correct print settings, click OK and select Print in the Print dialog box to start printing your document.
Epson XP-340 Print From iPhone
Using the AirPrint feature:
- AirPrint is a unique feature used to print any document or webpages on iPhones without installing any dedicated application for the printer.
- Before you start using AirPrint, connect your iPhone and printer to the same wireless network.
- On your iPhone, open the webpage or document you wish to print.
- Tap the Upload icon and select the Print option from the pop-up menu.
- Touch the Select Printer button and choose your printer from the displayed list.
- Tap the Print button to start printing your document.
Epson XP-340 Print Double Sided
- Printing a double-sided document is very simple.
- Make sure you have the printer ready with enough paper loaded in it.
- On your computer, open the Printer Properties window and enable the 2-Sided Printing option in the Main tab.
- Select either Manual (Long-edge binding) or Manual (Short-edge binding) from the 2-Sided Printing drop-down menu.
- After selecting the necessary print settings, click OK and return to the Print command box.
- Finally, click the Print button to start printing the double-sided document.
Epson Xp 340 Print from Android
Guidelines to perform Epson XP-340 setup for mobile printing using the Epson iPrint Mobile app
- You have to connect your Android phone and Epson XP-340 printer to the same wireless network.
- Download the Epson iPrint Mobile app from Google Play Store.
- After completing the download, launch the app and choose your printer from the displayed list.
- Tap the Print tile and choose your document to start printing it.
How To Scan On Epson XP-340?
- The Epson XP-340 printer comes with a flatbed scanner.
- Before scanning any document on your printer, verify whether you have connected the printer to your computer.
- Ensure that you have installed the Epson Event Manager and Epson Scan software on your computer.
- Make sure that the antivirus software installed on your computer is not blocking the Epson Event Manager program.
- Place the original document correctly on the scanner glass and press the Home button on the printer’s control panel.
- Select the Scan option using the navigation keys and press the OK button.
- Next, select any one of the following scan options:
- To Computer (JPEG)
- To Computer (PDF)
- To Computer (Email)
- To Computer (WSD)
- Once you have selected the scan destination, choose how you have connected the printer and computer.
- Finally, press the Start button to scan the document.
Epson XP-340 Scan Software Download
- Before downloading the scanner software, make sure you have a standard Internet connection on your computer and disable the antivirus program (if any) temporarily.
- Launch the default browser and visit the official Epson site.
- Enter ‘Epson XP-340’ in the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- From the search results, click on the Epson XP-340 link.
- Next, click the Downloads tab and expand the Drivers section.
- Click the Download button beside Scanner Driver and Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- Wait until the scanning software is downloaded.
- After completing the download, open the Downloads folder on your computer and check if the installer file has been downloaded correctly.
Epson Xp-340 Scan To Computer
Is your printer is offline while performing Epson XP-340 setup? Then troubleshoot the issue using the quick steps given below.
- Before starting the scan, make sure that you have already installed the required printer software on your computer.
- Next, place the original document you wish to scan on the scanner glass.
- Navigate to the scan options on the printer’s control panel and select the To Computer (PDF) or To Computer (JPEG) option.
- Press OK and choose how you have connected your printer to your computer.
- Finally, press the Start button to start scanning your document and send a copy of it as a PDF or JPEG file to your computer.
Epson XP-340 Scan To Email
- Make sure that your printer and computer are turned on and connected to the same wireless network.
- Prepare your email client to receive the email attachments from your printer.
- Place the original document properly on the scanner glass.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Select the Scan option and press the OK button.
- Select the To Computer (Email) option and choose your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- After selecting your printer’s name, press the Start button to scan your document and attach it to your email message.
EEpson XP-340 Scan To Cloud
Follow the steps to perform Epson XP-340 setup for scanning using the Epson Photo Scan software:
- First, lift the scanner lid and place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Make sure to complete the basic scan settings before scanning your original document using Epson Photo Scan.
- Next, click the Web Folder icon in the Transfer Settings window and enter your web folder’s URL in the Address field.
- Enter the login credentials in the required fields and select the Overwrite file(s) with the same name checkbox.
- Click the Check Connection button to verify the account information.
- Set the image format and choose the scan destination.
- Save the scanned copy on the desktop or any folder.
- Click OK after verifying the current settings and click on Send to upload the image or document to the Cloud.
Epson XP-340 Scan Multiple Pages
- Turn on your printer and place the original document you wish to scan on the scanner glass.
- On your computer, launch the Epson Scan software.
- Select your desired scan mode from the Mode drop-down menu.
- Fill the Document Type, Document Source, Image Type, Resolution, and Document Size fields.
- Click the Preview button to preview the original document before scanning.
- Select the required scan settings and click the Scan button to open the File Save Settings window.
- Choose the PDF or Multi-TIFF file format from the Type drop-down menu.
- Make sure to select the Show Add Page dialog box after scanning checkbox.
- Click the OK button to start scanning your first page.
- Once the first page has been scanned, a dialog box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click OK and place the next page you wish to scan on the scanner glass.
- Click the Scan button and continue scanning the rest of the pages.
Epson XP-340 Firmware Download
You can easily download the Epson XP-340 printer’s firmware from the official Epson site by following these steps.
- On your computer, launch the default browser and navigate to the official Epson site.
- Enter your printer’s model number in the search field and click the one that matches your printer from the search result.
- Click the Downloads tab and expand the Firmware section.
- Click the Download button beside Recovery Mode Firmware to start downloading the latest firmware for your printer.
Epson XP-340 Troubleshooting
Is your printer malfunctioning frequently? Several factors may be causing the issues with your printer. You have to troubleshoot the issues to continue working with your printer. If you have any difficulties while perform Epson XP-340 setup, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.