Notice: Undefined index: dir in /www/wwwroot/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson XP 434
Epson XP-434 Setup Guidance
Epson XP-434 is a compact, all-in-one printer that can perform wireless printing and suitable for home use. You can easily perform the Epson XP-434 setup using the following steps:
Step-1: Unpack the printer
- Unbox the carton, take out the printer, and place it on a flat surface.
- Look for the other printer accessories inside the box and keep them aside for later use.
- Remove all the packaging tapes and protective materials from the printer.
Step-2: Power connection
- Use the power cord provided to connect to the AC inlet and the other end to an electrical wall socket.
- Lift the control panel, press the power button to power up the printer, and set the preferred language.
- Make sure to press the release button while you lower the control panel. For now, you can keep the control panel open.
Step-3: Install the ink cartridges
- Open the scanner unit and wait until the ink cartridge holder moves to the original position.
- Unpack the ink cartridge, peel off the protective tape from the cartridge and then insert it into its holder until you hear a click sound.
- Install the other cartridges in the same way and close the scanner unit.
- Now, press the Start button to charge the ink into the printer system.
Step-4: Load paper
- Toss the feeder guard on the front, extend the paper support, and then its extension.
- Draw out the paper output tray and unfold the paper stopper flap.
- Move the paper guide to the left end. Next, arrange the paper such that the printing side faces you and the short edges go first, against the right end of the paper support.
- Following that, shift the paper guide to the paper edge. However, see that guide does not bind the paper tightly.
- Finally, refix the feeder guard and then set the paper settings of the Epson XP-434 setup.
Step-5: Software installation
The printer software helps you to manage and control printer operations from your computer.
Epson XP 434 Driver Download
You can download the printer driver on your computer using the below steps:
- Open the browser on your computer desktop and visit the official Epson website.
- Search for the Epson XP-434 printer and select it to access its support page.
- On the support page, click the Downloads tab and choose your computer system operating system from the drop-down list.
- You can find the drivers link below, click the Download button beside the driver you want to download.
Epson XP 434 Printer Manual Download
The user manual booklets are provided during the purchase, but you can also download the soft copy of Epson XP-434 setup manuals.
- Go to the official Epson website from the browser on your computer.
- Open the printer model’s support page and select the Manuals and Warranty tab.
- Click the PDF link of the manual to download it in the PDF format. The user manuals are also available in the HTML format.
Epson XP 434 Driver Installation
You have to either download the printer driver from online or run the installation CD on the computer.
- Once you begin the installation, proceed with the prompts.
- Read and accept the license agreement, on the Software Selection screen, select the software for installing, and click Install.
- The software starts installing the drivers and utilities; after that, choose the suitable connection type and complete the installation.
Steps: Change Epson XP-434 Ink Cartridge
When the ink level in the ink cartridges becomes low, you must replace the old cartridges.
- Buy a genuine Epson ink cartridge.
- Keep the Epson XP-434 setup turned on.
- If the message appears saying the cartridge has expended, select Replace Now.
- If the message did not appear, tap Setup on the home screen, select Maintenance > Ink Cartridge > Replacement > OK.
- Lift the control panel, then raise the scanner unit. Let the cartridge holder return to the original position.
- Next, take out the empty ink cartridge from the holder by lifting.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge then remove the protective tape from it.
- Place the cartridge onto the holder, push it until it snaps in a position, and insert the other ink cartridges similarly.
- Then, close the scanner unit and press the Start button to charge ink in the printer.
Steps: Epson XP-434 Wireless Setup
After you download the printer driver on your computer, install it on the system to perform the wireless setup.
- Turn on the router’s Wi-Fi network and connect your computer to it.
- Note down the wireless network name and password for reference.
- Double-click the driver installer file. The Epson setup window opens up on the screen.
- Carefully read the license agreement and accept the terms & policies to continue.
- Next, select the software you have to install and click the Install button.
- On the following screen, you have to select Wireless connection as the connection method.
- Choose ‘Set up printer for the first time’ if you have not done the Epson XP-434 setup before and click Next.
- If you want the printer to connect to the wireless network automatically the next time, select Yes under Wi-Fi Auto Connect.
- Select Using printer buttons as the Wireless Network Setup Method and then enter the network password on the next screen.
- After that, go to the printer and select the Wi-Fi Setup menu
- Choose Wi-Fi Setup Wizard from the given options, then select your wireless network name and enter its password to connect.
- Once the connection is set, print the configuration report to test the connection.
- Click the Next button on the computer to complete the wireless setup.
How to Connect Epson XP-434 Printer to Laptop?
After you have completed the printer’s wireless setup, you can easily connect the laptop to the printer.
- Connect your laptop to it to the same network the printer is connected to.
- Open the Printer and Devices window on the laptop (Windows) and search for the Epson printer on the network.
- Select the printer name and set it as the default printer of your laptop.
- Install the printer driver on your laptop to access the printer.
How to Connect Epson XP-434 Printer to Computer?
You can even connect the Epson XP-434 setup and computer without the router network using the Wi-Fi Direct Mode.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the Home button to access the home screen and select Wi-Fi setup.
- Then, tap the Wi-Fi Direct Setup menu and then OK.
- Select Connection Setup, and press the down arrow button then the OK button.
- Set a Wi-Fi Direct password, tap Done, and view the Wi-Fi Direct SSID and password on display.
- Now, turn on Wi-Fi on your computer. Select the printer’s Wi-Fi Direct SSID and enter the password displayed on the printer’s screen to connect to the printer.
Steps: Epson XP 434 Print from iPhone
Use the Epson iPrint app to print from the iPhone. Read the following steps to start printing.
- See that you connect the Epson printer and the iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, launch the App Store and download the Epson iPrint app on your iPhone.
- Launch the app and Epson XP-434 setup you are using.
- After that, select the document you have to print and follow the instructions to print it.
Epson Xp 434 Scan Setup
Set up the Epson scanner before you start performing the scan operation.
- Keep the computer and the scanner connected to the same network.
- Next, download and install the scanner driver on the computer.
- Open the document cover, place the document face down at the front corner of the scanner glass, and slowly close the cover.
- Press the Home button, tap the Scan menu, and choose any scan option you want to perform.
Steps: Epson XP-434 Scan To Computer
For an easy scan to computer operation from the control panel, follow the below steps.
- Connect the Epson XP-434 setup and computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Load the document on the scanner glass and select the Scan menu on the printer’s home screen.
- Next, tap Scan to Computer, select the computer name, and press the Start button to start scanning.
- The document will be scanned and saved to your computer.
Guide: Epson XP-434 Scan Multiple Pages
You need to install the Epson Scan program on your computer from which you can scan multiple pages to a single PDF document.
- After connecting the computer and the Epson scanner, place the document you have to scan on the scanner glass and close the document cover.
- Now, open the Epson Scan program on the computer and change the Mode to either Home or Professional.
- Click the Customize button, change the necessary scan settings, and click Scan.
- When the File Save Settings window shows up, set the Type as PDF, make the required changes, and click the OK button.
- In the window that opens next, click Add page, then place the next page of the document o the scanner glass, and select Scan.
- Likewise, you can add multiple pages and finally edit the page arrangement. Click OK to save the PDF file.
Guide: Epson XP-434 Printer Firmware Update
- The latest firmware of the Epson XP-434 setup is available on the official Epson website.
- Visit the official Epson website from your computer’s browser and access the printer model’s support page.
- Go to the Downloads section, click the Operating System drop-down menu, and select your OS version.
- Now, click the Firmware menu to expand it and select the Download button to download the latest update.
- Then, run the executable firmware file on the system to install it.
Guide: Epson XP-434 Printer Firmware Downgrade
If you feel the printer was performing better with the previous firmware version, you can downgrade the current version to the old one.
- Download the old firmware file from online on your computer and connect the computer to the printer using a USB cable.
- Open the scanner unit and remove all the ink cartridges to avoid problems.
- Next, turn off the printer and then press & hold the Stop, Home, Power, and Left arrow buttons together until the firmware screen shows up.
- Now, open the firmware tool on the computer and perform the installation.
- Complete the guided instruction to downgrade the firmware successfully and then install the ink cartridges in the printer.
Epson XP-434 Setup Troubleshooting Assistant
If there is an issue with your Epson XP 434 printer, it is difficult to perform the desired printer operation. Read the error or alert messages on the printer display panel and try to resolve the error. Refer to the user guides and manuals to fix the problem. If you are unable to troubleshoot the printer problem, contact our technical team for more support.
Steps: Epson XP-434 Factory Reset
Resetting the printer clears all the printer settings and restores it to the default factory settings. Be sure to reset only when it is required.
- On the printer’s home screen, select Setup and then press the OK button.
- Next, choose the Restore Default Settings option then choose All Settings to reset all the printer settings. You can select to reset only the Network Settings or All except Network Settings.
- Tap OK to proceed to Epson XP-434 setup reset.
Solve: Epson XP-434 Paper Feed Problem
When there is a paper feed problem in the printer, use the following solutions to fix it.
- Remove the paper from the feeder and arrange them properly. Always keep them below the maximum paper indicator mark.
- Load only neat and dry paper into the feeder.
- If the paper feed problem occurs when you feed only one or two sheets, then load more sheets in the printer.
Solved: Epson XP-434 won’t Print Black
When the Epson XP-434 setup does not print in black, the below steps can help you fix the problem.
- Make sure the black ink cartridge in the printer has enough ink to print.
- Replace the cartridge if it is damaged.
- Check if you have chosen color printing preset in the print settings window on the computer, then change it and print it.
- Otherwise, you can tick the checkbox of Grayscale in the Print settings window to print in black. Later, deselect the box.
- Restart the printer and check if the issue has been resolved.
Solve: Epson XP-434 won’t Scan To Computer
If the Scan to Computer option does not work on the Epson scanner, use the below steps.
- Verify whether the printer and computer are connected either to the same network or via a USB cable.
- When the scanner driver is not properly installed on the computer, you cannot perform the scan operation. So, reinstall the printer driver and complete the setup.
- Make the scanner as the default printer on the computer and then retry to scan.
Fix: Epson XP-434 won’t Connect To Wifi
If your attempt to connect the Epson XP-434 setup to a Wi-Fi network is a failure, try the following solutions.
- Place the printer near to the Wi-Fi network signal range and check if the network signal is good.
- Update the printer firmware then retry to connect the wireless network. Sometimes, the old firmware may not support the printer functions.
- Restart the router and printer.
- Try connecting the printer to the router network using the correct credentials.
Fixed: Epson Xp-434 won’t Turn On
When facing the printer power problems, check out the below solutions.
- Check if the printer’s power cord is secure, if it is not, then tighten the cable ends and restart the printer.
- Check if the printer is not in the sleep mode. If so, turn off the printer and start it again after some time.
- Open the Printers and Devices window on the desktop, then right-click the printer name and see if the Use Printer offline is enabled. If so, deselect the option and check if the printer is turned on.
- Restart your computer and Epson XP-434 setup. Now, print a test page from the computer and check if the issue has been resolved.