Epson XP-6105 Setup
Epson XP-6105 is an all-in-one wireless printer that uses the Epson Micro Piezo print head printing technology to perform the print operation. Automatic duplex printing, direct print from USB, Scan-to-Cloud, AirPrint, and Google Cloud Print are the highlighting features of this printer. Wi-Fi, USB, and Wi-Fi Direct are the interfaces supported by the Epson XP-6105 printer. Scroll down the page to know how to perform Epson XP-6105 setup for the first time.
- First, open the product box. Take the Epson printer and its components out of the box.
- Remove the packing tapes from the printer.
- Connect your Epson printer to an electrical outlet using the power cord.
- Raise the printer’s control panel and press the Power button on it.
- Now, raise the scanner unit.
- Unpack all the ink cartridges and insert them into their slots.
- After inserting all the cartridges, lower the scanner unit and press OK to start charging the ink.
- Pull out the paper cassette 1. (Note: You can also load papers in the cassette 2).
- Slide the side edges of the cassette correctly.
- Load a stack of plain paper in the cassette.
- Move the guides towards the paper edges.
- Insert the cassette into the printer.
- Choose the paper settings correctly and pull out the output tray.
- Now, begin the Epson XP-6105 printer driver installation on your computer.
- Choose the connection type correctly when prompted during the installation.
- Make sure to connect the Epson XP-6105 setup and your computer to the same network.
- After completing the driver installation, try a test print.
Epson XP-6105 Driver Download
- Click the Driver Download button provided on this web page.
- Now, the Epson XP-6105 printer driver(s) available for your current OS type will be downloaded.
Epson XP-6105 Driver Installation
- Double-click on the Epson XP-6105 printer driver file.
- If prompted, read and accept the end-user license agreement of the printer manufacturer.
- Choose the software that you wish to install.
- Make sure to select the correct connection type.
- Complete the printer driver installation by following the on-screen instructions. The Epson XP-6105 setup is now complete.
Epson XP-6105 Wifi Setup
- First, check if you have configured your wireless router or access point correctly.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network that the printer is to be connected.
- Now, turn on your Epson printer.
- Open the Epson XP 6105 printer driver on your computer.
- On the Software Selection screen, select the driver(s) that you wish to install on your computer.
- Click the Install button.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the basic driver installation.
- On the Epson XP-6105 setup screen, choose the Wireless connection option followed by Set up printer for the first time.
- Now, the installer will try to detect your wireless settings. Once it is done, the installer will automatically connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- If the installer fails to detect your Wi-Fi settings, then the screen titled Select a Wireless Network Setup Method will open up.
- Choose the Using control panel option. Now, the Wi-Fi network’s credentials will be displayed on the screen. Note it down.
- Navigate to your printer’s control panel.
- Select Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi (Recommended) > Start Setup or Change Settings > Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Choose your wireless network’s SSID and enter its password in the given field.
- Once your Epson printer has been connected to the Wi-Fi network, return to the installer wizard and complete the remaining set of the installation steps.
- Finally, try a test print to check whether the configuration is done correctly.
Epson XP-6105 Ink Cartridges Replacement
- First, check if the CD/DVD tray is inserted into your printer. If yes, remove it.
- If the Replace ink cartridge message is displayed on the screen, then select Next > Yes, replace now.
- If you’re replacing the cartridge before it gets expended, then select Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.
- Now, raise the scanner unit of your printer.
- Take the ink cartridge that you wish to replace in your Epson XP-6105 setup.
- If you’re replacing the black ink cartridge, then make sure to shake it four or five times before inserting it.
- After replacing the ink cartridge, lower the cartridge cover and press OK.
- Now, your printer will start charging the replaced ink cartridge.
Epson XP-6105 Print Setup
- First, check whether you have done your Epson XP 6105 setup as per the instructions given in the guide.
- Connect your Epson printer and the computer over the same network if they are not connected.
- Make sure the printer driver is installed.
- If you’re going to print a photo, then load photo paper in the cassette 1 or cassette 2. (If required, to load paper in the Epson XP-6105 setup, refer to the instructions given under the Load paper section.)
- Make sure that the ink cartridges are installed correctly.
- If you wish to print on a CD/DVD, then insert the CD/DVD tray into your printer and place a blank CD/DVD on it.
- Similarly, based on your desire, set up the print operation preferences.
- Now, click Print. The printer will print the photo.
Guide: Epson XP-6105 Load Paper
First, get a stack of clean, white paper that is compatible with your printer and load them during the Epson XP 6105 setup.
Loading paper in the cassette
- Make sure that the output tray is inside the printer.
- Now, open the front cover of your printer.
- Pull out the paper cassette.
- Slide the edge guides of the cassette out.
- Now, place a stack of paper in the cassette. Make sure to place the paper with the printable side facing down.
- Slide the edge guides towards the paper.
- Now, push the cassette 1 back into the Epson XP-6105 setup.
- Set the paper settings correctly and select Done.
Epson XP-6105 Double Sided Printing Guide
Duplex printing from your Windows computer
- On your Windows computer, open the document you want to print.
- Click the Print option on the application screen.
- In the Print dialog box, select your Epson printer from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Printing Preferences window.
- Select the ON option from the 2-sided printing drop-down menu or choose the Duplex printing option by clicking the radio or checkbox beside it.
- Set the other print preferences as per your desire.
- Finally, click the OK button.
- Now, your Epson XP-6105 setup will start to print the selected document.
Epson XP-6105 Scan Setup
- The Epson XP 6105 printer supports the scan-to-cloud operation. If you wish to perform it, then make sure to configure the printer settings using Epson Connect.
- This printer also supports the scan to a memory device, scan to a computer, scan using WSD.
- Scan to a computer: Connect your Epson printer to the computer over a wireless or a USB cable connection.
- Scan to a memory device: Insert the memory card into your printer. (Refer to the pictorial representation available in the printer’s start here guide to insert the memory device.)
- After the Epson XP-6105 setup for the scan operation, perform a test scan.
Epson XP-6105 Scan Software
Epson Scan is the software that manages scan functions on your Epson XP 6105 printer. Using this software, you can scan images either in color, grayscale, or black & white. You can also scan multiple pages using the Epson Scan software. This software is provided with the printer drivers. In case it has not been installed, you can always download it directly from the Epson printer support page and then perform the Epson XP-6105 setup for scanning.
Epson XP-6105 Scan Multiple Pages
Scanning multiple pages using Epson Scan
- First, ensure that the Epson XP 6105 setup is complete and then install the Epson Scan software on your computer if you haven’t installed it till now.
- On your Epson printer’s scanner glass, place the first page of the document you want to scan.
- Launch the Epson Scan software on your computer.
- If required, select your Epson printer from the drop-down menu.
- Set the scan settings, mode, document size, and image resolution as per your desire.
- Make sure to select the Add or edit pages after scanning option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Choose the Image Format, File Name, and Folder (to save the scanned document) options as per your desire.
- Click the Preview button if necessary.
- Initiate the scan operation by clicking the Scan button.
- Now, the Epson XP-6105 setup will start to scan the placed document.
- Once the document has been scanned, a pop-up dialog box with three buttons, namely, Add page, Edit page, and Save File, will appear on the screen.
- If you wish to continue with the scan process, then click the Add page button and place the second page of the document on the printer’s scanner glass.
- If you want to modify the scanned document, click the Edit page button.
- To save the scanned copy of the document, click the Save File button.
Epson XP-6105 Firmware Update
Updating the printer firmware using the printer’s control panel
- Go to your Epson printer’s Settings menu.
- Select the Firmware Update option.
- Now, if an update is available, then you’ll be prompted to initiate the update process.
- Complete the printer firmware update process by following the on-screen instructions.
Epson XP-6105 Maintenance Box Reset
- Resetting the Epson XP-6105 setup’s maintenance box is quite simple to perform using the Ink Maintenance BOX Tank Chip Resetter.
- This chip resetter is available in most of the online retail stores.
- Purchase the one that is compatible with your Epson printer model.
- After purchasing the chip, take the Ink maintenance box out of your printer.
- Insert the reset chip into the box. Now, the LED light on the top of the chip will starts flashing. If it stops flashing, it means the maintenance box has been reset successfully.
- Place the box back into the printer, and check the status on the printer’s LCD screen.
Epson XP-6105 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
The section below explains how to resolve the Epson XP-6105 printer issues such as printer offline, paper feed problem, and paper jam. If you need remote assistance in resolving the Epson XP 6105 setup issues or other problems, then contact our technical experts to resolve it.
Guide: Epson XP-6105 Offline
- First, make sure that your Epson XP-6105 setup is complete and the printer is turned ON.
- Check whether your printer can perform the print operation without using a computer. To do so, print a nozzle check pattern on your printer.
- If the printer can’t print a nozzle check pattern, then check if any error code or message is displayed on your printer’s LCD screen. If yes, clear it first.
- If the printer can print the nozzle check pattern, then make sure that you have selected the printer while configuring the print operation settings.
- Go to the Epson print queue. Select your Epson printer and check if the Use Printer Offline option is selected. If yes, deselect it.
- If the Printer Offline issue persists, then reinstall the product software on your computer.
Solved: Epson XP-6105 Paper Feed Problem
If any dirty particle is stuck in the paper path, there is a chance for the paper feed problem to occur. To fix this problem, clean the paper path of your Epson XP-6105 setup by following the instructions given below.
- First, turn off your Epson printer if it is turned ON.
- Make sure to disconnect the power cord and the USB cable (if connected) from your printer.
- Now, take the paper cassette out of your printer.
- Place the printer with its control panel at the top on a table.
- Now, get a clean lint-free cloth and dip it in water.
- Clean the roller using the cloth dipped in water.
- Leave the roller to dry.
- Place the printer correctly. Push the cassette into the printer.
- Connect the power cord to the printer and turn it ON.
Fixed: Epson XP-6105 Paper Jam Error
- Sometimes, when your printer may display a fake Paper jam message. So, as soon as this message is displayed on the screen, restart your Epson XP-6105 setup.
- If the restarting the printer doesn’t resolve the paper jam error, look for the jammed paper inside the printer and remove it. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Open the scanner unit of your printer.
- Remove the jammed paper from the printer.
- After removing the jammed paper, close the scanner unit.
- If the paper is jammed in the rear cover, first, open the rear cover of your printer.
- Gently remove the jammed paper from your Epson printer.
- Close the rear cover.
- Similarly, if the paper has jammed in the cassette, then pull it out and remove the jammed paper.
- After removing all the jammed paper, reload the paper in the cassette and try a test print.
Steps: Epson XP-6105 Reset
- Power on your Epson printer.
- Navigate to your printer’s Settings menu.
- Select the Restore Default Settings option followed by All Settings.
- Now, your Epson XP-6105 printer settings will be restored to factory defaults.
For any assistance in performing Epson XP-6105 setup or resolving any issues with the printer, contact our technical support team.