Notice: Undefined index: dir in /www/wwwroot/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson XP-8500 Setup Guide
Epson XP-8500 is a wireless color photo printer. If you are setting up the Epson XP-8500 setup for the first time, follow the quick steps given below.
- Unpack your printer and take out the printer supplies.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Raise the printer’s control panel and press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Set your language on the printer’s control panel.
- Next, lift the scanner unit and unpack the ink cartridges.
- Install each ink cartridge into the printer after removing the protective cap from the ink cartridge.
- Start the ink charging process and follow the on-screen prompts to adjust the print quality.
- Lower the scanner unit and pull out the paper cassette from the Epson XP-8500 setup.
- Load some legal plain paper into the tray and adjust them by sliding the paper edge guides.
- Install the printer software on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM and verify the printer functionality.
Epson XP-8500 Driver for Windows 10
- Before downloading the printer’s driver, remove any previously installed Epson printer driver on your Windows computer.
- Launch the default browser and visit the official Epson site.
- Type your printer’s model number in the Search By Product Name field.
- Choose your printer’s model number from the search result.
- Click the Downloads tab and select Windows OS from the Operating System drop-down menu.
- Click the Download button beside your required printer driver to start downloading it.
- Once the download has been completed, open the downloaded driver package and double-click the installer file to begin the driver installation.
- If the User Account Control window pops-up, click the Yes button.
- Finish the driver installation with the help of the on-screen prompts.
Epson XP-8500 Driver for Mac
- On your Mac, open the default browser and visit the official Epson site.
- Type your printer’s model number in the Search By Product Name field and press Enter.
- From the search result, click on Epson XP-8500 setup.
- Click the Downloads tab and choose your macOS from the pull-down menu beside Operating System.
- Choose your required printer driver and click the Download button to start downloading it on your Mac.
- Once you have finished downloading the printer driver, open it from the Downloads folder and double-click the installer file to create a disk image.
- Open the disk image and run the driver installation wizard.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to establish the connection between your Mac and printer.
- Carry out the rest of the prompts on the screen to complete the installation.
Epson XP-8500 Manual Download
You can download the Epson XP-8500 setup’s manual by clicking the Manual Download button available on this page. Also, you can download it from the official Epson site as a PDF file.
Epson XP-8500 Wifi Setup
Wi-Fi setup using the printer’s control panel:
- First, prepare your Wi-Fi router, printer, and computer.
- Next, connect your computer to the wireless network you are going to connect the printer to.
- Verify whether you have completed the basic printer settings.
- Run the driver installation on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM or downloaded driver package.
- Agree to the EULA and install the software components.
- Choose the Wireless connection option as your connection type.
- If the Wi-Fi Auto Connect screen appears, click the No button.
- On the Select a Wireless Network Setup Method screen, select the Using control panel option and click Next.
- Go to your Epson XP-8500 setup’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Select the Wi-Fi (Recommended) option and tap the Start Setup button.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard button and choose your wireless network name from the displayed list.
- Enter your network key and tap OK followed by Start Setup.
- Once the Epson printer is connected to the wireless network, tap the Print Check Report button to print the connection report.
- Return to the driver installation wizard and complete the driver installation.
How to Change Ink on Epson XP-8500?
- Before changing the ink cartridges on your Epson XP-8500 printer, make sure that the replacement cartridges are handy.
- Turn on the printer and check for error messages.
- If an error stating that the ink cartridge is expended appears, select Next and tap the Yes, replace now button.
- If there is no message on the LCD screen, tap the Maintenance button and select Ink Cartridge Replacement.
- Tap the Next button and select Start.
- Open/lift the scanner unit and remove the expended ink cartridge from the Epson XP-8500 setup.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge and install it into the printer after removing the protective cap.
- Once you have loaded the replacement ink cartridge into the printer, select Completed on the LCD screen.
- Close the scanner unit and wait for a few minutes to complete the ink charging process.
Epson XP-8500 Print Setup
- You have to place your printer close to your router if you wish to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- Connect your Epson printer and computer to the same wireless network and verify the Wi-Fi connection on both devices.
- If you do not wish to connect them wirelessly, use a standard USB cable to connect them.
- Load the printer-supported paper into the paper cassette or rear feed slot.
- On the connected computer, open the print application and launch the Print dialog box.
- Next, click the Properties button to head to the Epson XP-8500 setup Preferences window.
- Choose the correct paper type and print settings in the Printer Properties window and click OK.
- Finally, click on Print in the Print dialog box after verifying that your printer is selected in the pull-down menu.
How to Print Photos on Epson XP-8500?
- First, load the correct paper type in the rear feed slot on your Epson XP-8500 printer.
- Ensure that you have correctly connected your Windows computer and printer using a standard USB cable.
- On your computer, open the print application and choose the photo you wish to print.
- Open the Print dialog box and select your printer’s name from the pull-down menu.
- Click the Properties button to navigate the Epson XP-8500 setup Properties window.
- Click the Main tab and choose the Document Source, Image Type, Print Density, Document Size, Paper Type, and other print settings.
- Click Print Preview to verify your print job before printing.
- Click OK after selecting your required print settings and return to the Print dialog box.
- Click on Print to start printing your photo.
How to Print Envelopes on Epson XP-8500?
- To print on envelopes, load up to 10 envelopes into the paper cassette of your Epson XP-8500 printer.
- Open the print application on the connected computer and launch the Print dialog box.
- Next, click the Properties button and move to the Main tab.
- Choose Landscape as your orientation in the Printer Properties window.
- Select other required settings and click OK.
- Go to the Print dialog box and click the Print button to start printing on your envelope.
Steps: Epson XP-8500 Double Sided Printing
- To print a double-sided document, load the Epson XP-8500 setup-supported paper into the rear feed slot.
- On the connected computer, open the document you wish to duplex print.
- Go to the Printer Properties window and click the Main tab.
- Choose any one of the following options from the 2-sided printing drop-down menu.
- Auto (Long-edge binding)
- Auto (Short-edge binding)
- Manual (Long-edge binding)
- Manual (Short-edge binding)
- Select the required 2-sided printing options and click OK to return to the Print dialog box.
- Click on Print to start printing a 2-sided document.
Steps: Epson XP-8500 Print CD
Printing on CD/DVDs from a computer:
- Connect your printer and computer using a standard USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Load the CD/DVD tray into the printer.
- On your computer, install the Epson Print CD software.
- Launch the Epson Print CD software and from the left-side toolbar, select a pre-designed template.
- Once you have finished creating your design or adding a background image, click the Save button.
- Next, open the saved file in the Epson Print CD software and click the Print button.
- Ensure that your printer model is selected in the Printer drop-down menu before clicking the Print button.
How to Scan Using Epson XP-8500?
Using the printer’s control panel:
- First, load the original document into the ADF or place it on the scanner glass.
- Navigate to the Epson XP-8500 setup’s control panel and tap the Scan icon.
- Choose any one of the following scan options.
- Scan to Memory Device
- Scan to Computer
- Scan to Cloud
- Scan to Computer (WSD)
- Once you have selected the scan option, follow the on-screen prompts to finish scanning your document.
Epson XP-8500 Scan Multiple Pages
Using the Epson Scan 2 software:
- Before scanning multiple pages on your Epson XP-8500 setup, load the original document into the ADF.
- On your computer, launch the Epson Scan 2 software.
- Choose your printer’s name from the Scanner pull-down menu.
- Select the Document Source, Document Size, Image Type, Resolution, and other scan settings from the Main tab.
- Check the Add or edit pages after scanning checkbox and choose PDF or Multi-Tiff as your image format.
- Click Preview to see how the scanned image would look.
- Click Scan to begin scanning your document.
- Once the first side of the scan is completed, reload the next side of your original into the ADF.
- In the pop-up dialog box, click the Scan button to scan the second-side of your original document.
- Repeat the steps to scan multiple pages on your Epson XP-8500 printer.
Epson XP-8500 Scan Software Download
You can download the scanning software for your Epson XP-8500 setup from the official Epson site. To do so, follow these steps.
- Visit the official Epson Site and enter your printer’s model name in the search panel.
- From the search result, click on your printer’s name.
- Click the Downloads tab and choose your OS from the Operating System pull-down menu.
- Expand Drivers and click the Download button beside Scanner Driver and Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- Once you have downloaded the scanning software, launch Epson Scan 2 and start scanning your documents remotely from your computer to the printer.
Epson XP-8500 Maintenance Box Reset
- Keep a new maintenance box handy before replacing the existing one.
- Ensure that your Epson XP-8500 setup is not printing and open the front cover.
- Use it to slide the lower paper cassette.
- Raise the printer’s control panel and use a screwdriver to open the maintenance box cover.
- Pull out the used maintenance box, fix the new one into the correct holder, and mount the maintenance box cover.
Epson XP-8500 Firmware Update
You can manually update your Epson XP-8500 setup’s firmware by downloading the latest firmware version from the official Epson site first and then installing it on the connected computer. Alternatively, you can update it using the Epson Software Updater utility.
Steps to update Epson XP-8500 firmware using the Epson Software Updater utility:
- Launch the Epson Software Updater utility on your computer.
- Ensure that you have properly connected your printer to the computer.
- In the Epson Software Updater window, choose your printer’s name from the pull-down menu and check the Firmware Updater checkbox.
- Click the Install item(s) button and select Yes if the User Account Control window pops-up.
- Agree to the EULA and click OK in the Epson EULA window.
- In the Epson Firmware Updater window, click the Start button to begin the firmware update.
- Once the firmware has been updated, a confirmation message will be displayed on the screen.
Epson Xp-8500 Recovery Mode
If your Epson XP-8500 setup displays the Recovery mode message on the LCD screen, it means an error has occurred during the firmware update. Connect your printer and computer using a standard USB cable and try updating the firmware again. If the error remains unsolved, contact our technical support team.
Epson XP-8500 Setup Troubleshooting
Is your printer malfunctioning frequently? Then you need to perform the correct troubleshooting steps, which involves identifying the cause and fixing it. You can also check the user’s manual supplied along with your printer to identify the printer problem. For remote assistance, click the Call button available on this page to contact our technical support team.
Guide: Epson XP-8500 Offline
- If you are getting the Printer is Offline error on your Windows computer, check if your printer is turned off or in sleep mode.
- Get your Epson XP-8500 setup online by restarting or pressing the Home button.
- Check if you can print a nozzle check pattern to determine if you can print without your computer.
- If you cannot print, check for any error messages on the LCD screen. Resolve it using the correct troubleshooting steps.
- If you could print a nozzle check pattern, go to your computer and delete all the pending print jobs.
- Next, launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type ‘control’ in the Run dialog box and press the Enter key to open the Control Panel app.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab in the Control Panel window.
- Right-click on your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option. Doing so will resolve the Printer is Offline error.
Fixed: Epson XP-8500 Paper Jam
- If the ‘Paper Jam’ error is displayed on your printer’s LCD screen, cancel the assigned print jobs first and then remove any jammed paper inside the rear paper feed slot.
- Open the scanner unit and check for any jammed paper or paper pieces inside the printer.
- Do not touch the flat cable inside the Epson XP-8500 setup.
- Also, check for any jammed paper inside the paper cassette and rear cover.
- If you find any paper bits, remove them gently without damaging the printer’s internal parts.
Solved: Epson XP-8500 Not Printing
- If your printer fails to print any documents or photos, check the connection between your printer and Windows computer.
- Make sure to use a standard USB cable to connect your printer to the computer.
- Run a printer check by printing a test page and determine if the printer software is properly installed on the connected computer.
- Click the Print Queue on the Maintenance tab in the Epson XP-8500 setup Settings window and cancel all the print jobs.
- Ensure that your printer is selected in the Print dialog box.
- Set your printer as the default printing source on your computer. Doing so may fix the printing problem on your Epson XP-8500 printer.
Guide Epson XP-8500 Scanner Not Working
- If the Epson XP-8500 scanner fails to scan your document, check if you can scan using the ADF.
- If your Epson XP-8500 setup can scan the original document loaded into the ADF, clean the scanner glass using a lint-free cloth.
- Place the original document on the scanner glass correctly.
- Try using the Epson Scan 2 software to scan your document and save them on the connected computer.
- If you have a problem scanning with your Epson Scan 2 software, remove and re-install it.
- If there is an issue with the scanner glass, send the printer for a service.
Solve Epson XP-8500 Scanner Error
The scanner error messages like the ADF jam, cover open error, Net connection failed, PC connection failed, Scanner Cover open, and Release carriage lock are common in the Epson XP-8500 scanner. When your printer displays these kinds of error messages, turn off your printer and turn it on after several minutes. If the Scanner Cover Open message is displayed on the LCD screen, closing the scanner unit will clear the error.
Guide: Reset Epson XP-8500
- Performing a factory reset on your Epson XP-8500 setup will restore your printer settings to the factory defaults.
- To reset your printer, navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Select the Settings option on the LCD screen and scroll down the page to tap the Restore Default Settings button.
- In the Restore Default Settings section, tap the All Settings button.
- If prompted, tap Yes to confirm the reset.
- Your printer will automatically restart with the default settings.