Notice: Undefined index: dir in /www/wwwroot/supportassistant.us/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider.disable/classes/class.ls.sources.php on line 128
Epson XP-400 Setup
- How to fix Epson xp 400 Printer?
- How to fix Epson xp 400 printer ink problem?
- How to fix Epson xp 400 printer not printing?
- How to fix Epson printer paper jam?
- How to fix paper jam in Epson xp400 printer?
- How to fix Epson xp 400 printer alignment?
- How to fix Epson xp-400 printer redlight blinking?
- How to fix Epson xp 400 printer error?
- How to fix Epson xp 400 printer head?
- How to fix Epson xp 400 printer offline?
- How to fix Epson xp 400 printer color?
Epson Expression XP-400 Setup
An innovative all-in-one printer that offers superior productivity
The Epson XP-400 setup provides flexible paper handling for small offices. It is powered by Epson’s new Precision Core™ printing technology which delivers Performance Beyond Laser™. This advanced all-in-one printer produces fast, lab-quality color prints and laser-sharp texts. Get up to 40% lower printing cost vs. other color laser printers. With this Epson Expression XP 400 wireless printer, you can easily print from your Smartphone & tablets.
Selecting Wireless Network Settings from the Control Panel
You can choose or alter the wireless network settings using the Epson XP-400 Printer’s control panel.
To install the Epson xp-400 printer on your wireless network, install the necessary Epson driver software from the Epson xp-400 driver CD or by downloading it from the Epson website. The Epson driver installer program directs you through the wireless network setup.
Quick Steps for Printer Setup
- On your Epson xp-400 printer, press the home button, if necessary.
- Press the wireless icons.
- After the above step, select the Wi-Fi Setup and choose Wi-Fi Setup Wizard from the list of options as shown in the image given below.
Note: If you want to disable the wireless network and to enable a wired (Ethernet) network, choose Disable Wi-Fi from the list of options. Then follow the instructions on shifting to a wired network connection in this manual.
- Enter the name of your wireless network manually or choose the your wireless network name from the list of available wireless network.
Note: If you want to enter the wireless network name manually then, choose Other Networks and then select the Network (SSID) option. Use the printer’s display keypad to enter your wireless network name.
- Enter your wireless network password in the Password field using the printer’s displayed keypad.
- Press return button after entering your password and then click Proceed.
- Confirm the altered wireless network settings and then select OK to save them on your Epson xp-400 printer.
Note: If you want to modify a setting after the above step, press the back button .
- For printing the network setup report, press the buttons.
- After the above steps, press the home button to return to the Home screen. If the network connection is successful, then the Wi-Fi icon in the upper-right corner of the printer’s display screen illuminates as shown in the image given below.
Epson XP 400 Smartphone Setup
iPrint Mobile App
This mobile application is available for both Android and Apple Smartphone devices. It will help you print any Microsoft Office documents, PDF’s, photos or web pages over a working wireless network connection. This iPrint app also allows you to scan a file on to your device, send it as an email and upload it to any online services like Box. Dropbox, Google Drive or Evernote.
- Switch on your computer, Epson XP-400 setup and check if your mobile is compatible for using Epson iPrint through www.epson.com/connect
- After checking the compatibility, download Epson iPrint mobile application from Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Ensure that your mobile device is connected to the same wireless network as your printer.
- Print from your Smartphone device to your Epson xp-400.
- Open the file which you want to print or scan.
- Click on the Menu option present on the right hand top most corner of your mobile screen.
- From the list of options available, click on Print.
- Now, select Epson xp-400 printer from the list of available printers.
- Change the number of copies and paper size.
- Tap on Print button to print the file that you want.
- Open the file that you would wish to print.
- Touch the Share button on the left hand corner of the screen of your Apple device.
- Swipe the screen to tap on Print icon.
- Select the Epson xp-400 Printer from the list of options.
- Mention the number of copies using the plus (+) and minus (-) sign.
- Finally, click on Print.
How to Download Epson XP 400 Printer Driver?
Users can install the appropriate driver and software from the CD that comes with the Epson XP-400 printer. Sometimes, these CD’s may not have updated software and drivers. In that case, you may want to visit the www.epson.com to download the latest drivers and software.
- Under the tab, Search by Product Name, mention the Epson xp-400 printer and then click on Search.
- In the new page, click on the operating system that you use from the drop down list.
- Either, you can download the drivers and utilities separately, or you can download the combo package by clicking on Recommended For You.
- If you want to download the Drivers, Utilities, Firmware and Administrator tools separately, click on the appropriate tabs to download them.
- Under the tab, Browse by Product Category, you can select the appropriate category. A list of printer or scanner series will be displayed.
- Click on the series of your Epson XP-400 setup and then select your product listed under the name, Select Your Product (Epson xp-400).
- Once you click on a particular model, you will be able to download the drivers by clicking on Drivers & Downloads.
- Specify the operating system you use from the drop down list and the download the drivers according to your need.
- Users can also click on tabs like Videos, FAQs, and Manuals to avail technical assistance.
How to Scan using the Epson XP-400 Printer?
Users have the option to scan to a memory device or to their computer by making use of the Epson xp-400 printer’s Control Panel.
- Load the original document/photo on the scanner glass. In case, you want to scan a 2-sided document, load the paper into the automatic document feeder (ADF).
- If needed, press the Home button.
- Click on the Scan button.
- From the list of options, select any one of the Scan to options according to your need.
- Click on Presets or tap on the Preset button to save the settings you have made.
- Perform one of the following tasks:
- If you are scanning the document to your computer, choose the computer, change the format and select 2-sided setting if needed.
- In you are scanning to a memory device, click on Settings to show the additional scanning options.
How to Scan using the Epson Scan icon?
Windows 8: Go to the Apps screen and choose EPSON Scan under the tab EPSON/EPSON Software.
Windows: Start – – > All Programs/Programs – -> EPSON/EPSON Software – – > EPSON SCAN.
OS X:How to select Scan File settings?
- Click on the Scan icon or the Scan option on the Epson Scan window. The File Save Settings window appears.
- Select the destination folder in which you want your scanned image to be saved.
- Click on Edit to change the default name of your scanned image. You can select the name from the list of options available.
- To change the file format, choose the options in the Image Format Type menu. If you want to look at additional settings, press the Options button to use other settings.
- Click on the OK option. (The following window opens up if you have chose PDF/Multi-TIFF as the Type setting)
- From the options that are displayed on screen, choose any one.
- Save File: Use this option if you are scanning only one page.
- Add Page: Click on this option if you wish to scan more than one page. Make necessary changes in the settings.
- Edit Page: Select this option if you want to delete or reorder the pages that you have scanned. After finishing, click on OK.
Google Cloud Print
With your Google Account, you can easily print from your Apple or Android Smartphone to your Epson XP-400 printer. You can also print from your Google Chrome browser and Chromebooks without additional drivers or cables.
Note: Make sure your Epson XP-400 setup and the computer are connected to the same network.
If your Epson xp 400 printer is already on your network, follow the steps given below:
- Connect your computer or Smartphone device to the same network as that of your Epson xp-400.
- After the above step, print the network status sheet.
- Locate your Epson xp-400 IP address on the network status sheet.
- Enter the IP address into the search bar (URL address bar) of a web browser.
- Choose the Google Cloud Print Services option.
Note: If the Google Cloud Print Services option is not available, turn OFF your Epson xp-400 printer and then switch it ON. If the Google Cloud Print option still doesn’t show then, choose Firmware Update and after that follow the on-screen instructions to update your Epson xp 400 printer.
- Choose agree to the Usage Advisory and click Next.
- Click OK to enter the Google accounts sign-in page.
- Enter your Google Account’s username and password and click on the Sign in button (if you don’t have an Google account, create one by clicking on the Sign up for a new Google Account).
- After completing the above step, click Finish printer registration to complete the Google Cloud Print setup and try to print a test page.
- Your Epson xp-400 printer is now linked to your Google Account and it can be accessed from your computer, or Android device.
How to fix Epson Expression XP 400 Scan issue?
Scanning software does not operate correctly Try any one of the following solutions when your scanning software does not work properly.
Step 1: Your computer should have enough memory space and should meet the system requirements for the operating system you use.
Step 2: When your scanning software is not responding properly, check if your device is not running in a power-saving mode like sleep or standby. If it is on power-saving mode, take your device off the power saver mode and restart the scanning software.
Step 3: Make sure you reinstall the Epson XP-400 Printer scanning software as and when you upgrade your operating system for your system.
How to Install Epson XP-400 Printer without CD?
If you have lost or damaged the software CD that came with the Epson XP-400 setup, you can proceed with the printer installation by downloading the latest driver version from the official Epson site. To do so, follow these steps.
- Do not connect your Epson printer to the computer until prompted during the installation.
- On the official Epson site, enter your printer’s model number below Search by Product Name.
- From the search result, choose your printer.
- On the next screen, click the Downloads tab and select your OS from the Operating System drop-down menu.
- Select a specific driver or download the full combo package.
- Specify the location to save the installer file and click the Save button to start downloading the printer driver.
- After completing the download, open the downloaded driver file.
- Agree to the EULA and choose your connection type.
- Finish the driver installation with the help of the on-screen prompts.
Epson XP-400 Wifi Setup
Wi-Fi setup for your Epson XP 400 printer can be executed with the guided instructions of the installer program. You can run the installer either using the software CD or the downloaded driver file. If you wish to connect your printer to the wireless network, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Before connecting the printer to a wireless network, identify the Wi-Fi network credentials.
- Next, connect the printer to the network and ensure that you have a standard Internet connection.
- Run the installer program on your computer and accept the EULA.
- Choose the Wireless connection option as your connection type.
- Next, select the Using printer buttons option.
- Go to the printer’s control panel and press the Home button.
- Select the Wi-Fi Setup option and press the OK button.
- Select the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option and press the OK button.
- Choose your wireless network name from the displayed list and press OK.
- Enter the network key and wait until the confirmation message is displayed on the printer’s screen.
- Select Yes if you wish to print the network status sheet.
- You can also confirm the connection when the printer’s Wi-Fi light turns solid blue or white.
- Return to the Printer Setup screen on your computer and finish the installation.
Epson XP-400 Printer Manual Download
A printer manual is a booklet of information regarding the printer’s specification, function, setup, and troubleshooting. If you have lost the Epson XP-400 setup’s manual accidentally, visit the official Epson site and download it using the below-mentioned steps.
- Under the Search by Product Name tab, type ‘Epson XP 400’ and hit the Enter key.
- On the next page, click the Manuals and Warranty tab and select the PDF link next to User’s Guide.
- The User’s Guide will open as a PDF file in a new browser tab.
- Locate the Download icon and click on it.
- A new window will open.
- Specify the location to save the manual and click the Save button.
- Wait until the download is complete.
- After completing the download, open the downloaded manual.
Epson Xp 400 Not Printing
Sometimes, your Epson XP 400 printer might fail to print when you assign a print job from the computer. It is due to the connection error. To fix this problem, follow these steps.
- First, check whether your printer is turned on.
- If it is in sleep mode, press the Home button to wake it up.
- Verify whether you have connected the printer and the computer properly with the USB cable.
- Make sure to use a standard USB cable to connect the devices.
- If you have connected them wirelessly, check the Wi-Fi connection on your computer and the printer’s Wi-Fi light.
- Try printing a test page to check if the problem has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, check the printer software installed on your computer.
- Make sure that your printer is selected as the default printer on your computer.
Epson Xp-400 Connect To Computer
You can connect your Epson XP-400 setup to the computer by anyone of the following methods.
- Wired connection
- Wireless connection
- USB connection
- You have to connect the printer to the computer during the driver installation.
- You can run the installation using the software CD that came with the printer or using the downloaded installer file.
- In the Printer Setup window, agree to the EULA and choose your connection type.
- If you have selected the USB connection option, connect your printer to the computer using a standard USB cable.
- If you have selected the Wired connection or Wireless connection option as your connection type, follow the on-screen prompts to connect your printer to the computer.
- Once the connection is set up, a confirmation message will display on the computer.
- Finish the installation and verify the connection.
Epson XP-400 Setup Troubleshooting
You need to take the right steps to solve the issues causing a printer to malfunction. Most of the printer problems occur due to incomplete installation and improper maintenance of the printer. If you have difficulties in troubleshooting Epson XP 400 printer issues, contact our technical support team by clicking the CLICK TO CALL US button available at the top of this page.
Epson Xp 400 Scanner Communication Error
When the Epson XP-400 setup is unable to connect to the computer while scanning a document, you will receive the communication error. You may also get this error when the IP address in the Epson scanner settings is incorrect. To fix this scanner error, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- On your Windows computer, open the Control Panel app and click on Devices and Printers.
- Under Devices, give a right-click on your printer’s icon and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, copy the IP address and open the Epson Scan Settings window.
- Click the Delete button underneath Network Scanner Address.
- Click the Add button and select the Enter Address option.
- Paste the copied IP address in the text box and click the OK button.
- In the Epson Scan Settings window, go to the Status section and click the Test button to check if the error has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, open the Epson Scan Properties window and click the Compatibility tab.
- Next, enable the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Click the Apply button followed by OK.
- Now, restart your scanner and reconnect it to the computer.
- This will fix the communication error.
Epson Xp 400 Paper Jam Error
The Paper Jam error is common with most printers. It can be cleared just by removing the jammed paper from your printer. If your Epson XP-400 setup is displaying the Paper Jam error, follow these steps to fix it.
- First, cancel all the print jobs from your computer.
- Remove the jammed paper from the output tray and sheet feeder without damaging the printer’s internal parts.
- Press the Start button on the printer’s control panel to resume printing.
- If the error remains unresolved, turn off your printer and lift the scanner lid.
- Check for paper bits and jammed paper inside the printer.
- Make sure that you have loaded only the supported paper type into the paper tray.
- Lower the scanner cover and power up the printer.
- To avoid paper jams in the future, fan the paper before loading them into the tray.
Epson Xp-400 Wifi Setup Failed
- First, restart the Wi-Fi router.
- Next, check the wireless light on the Epson XP-400 setup for the Wi-Fi status.
- Also, check the Wireless connection indicator on the printer’s display.
- If your printer is not connected to the wireless network, reconnect it.
- Make sure that you have connected your printer and the computer to the same network.
- Ensure that you have entered the right Wi-Fi credentials for the connection.
- If necessary, restart your printer and reinstall the printer driver on your computer.