HOW DO I INSTALL EPSON PRINTER ON WINDOWS 10
Installing an Epson printer on Windows 10 is simple if you carry out the instructions given on this page. There are two methods to Install Epson Printer on Windows 10.
- Using the Epson printer driver
- Using the Windows built-in driver
To obtain optimum performance and get the most out of your printer, you should install the Epson printer driver.
Method 1: Installing Epson Printer Driver
- If you get a CD-ROM with your printer package, insert it into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Run the setup file from the CD.
- Click Yes if the device prompts for User Account Control.
- If your computer doesn’t support the CD-ROM, open the default browser and go to the official Epson site.
- Under the Search By Product Name tab, enter your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search result.
- Expand the Downloads tab and check if your Windows 10 OS version has been detected and is displayed in the drop-down menu.
- If no OS version is detected, select your OS version manually from the drop-down menu and click GO.
- Choose the required driver from the displayed list and click Download.
- Wait for the driver file to get downloaded on your computer.
- Once the download is complete, run the driver file.
- Accept the license agreement to continue with the driver installation.
- Install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Choose your connection type from the following options.
- Wireless connection
- Wired network connection
- Direct USB connection
- Based on your connection type, the setup wizard will prompt instructions. Follow the instructions and establish the connection between your Windows computer and printer.
- After Install Epson Printer on Windows 10 computer, print a test page to check the connection.
Method 2: Installing Windows Built-in Printer Driver
- To begin with, turn on your Epson printer and connect it to your computer via a USB cable.
- Next, click the Windows icon at the bottom-left corner of the desktop.
- Click the Settings icon from the Start menu to open the Settings app.
- Alternatively, you can launch the Settings app by pressing the Windows + I shortcut keys.
- Click the Devices tab in the Settings window.
- Select the Printers & scanners tab from the left-side panel.
- Next, click Add a printer or scanner and wait until your printer is detected.
- Choose your printer’s name from the displayed list and continue with the driver setup.
- If your printer is not detected and displayed in the list, click The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Choose the option Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.
- Enable the Use an existing port radio button and select the USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB) option from the drop-down menu.
- Click Next and choose Epson below Manufacturer.
- Under Printers, choose your printer’s model number.
- Give a name for your printer and click Next.
- Choose the Do not share this printer option if you wish not to share your printer on the network.
- Click Print a test page to verify if you have properly Install Epson Printer on Windows 10 successfully.
- Finally, click Close –> Finish.