How to Bring an Offline Epson Printer Online?
Your Epson printer could appear offline due to some issue, and it will be unable to communicate with the computer even when connected. This sort of error can be more annoying than the Epson printer not printing. If you ever come across the message ‘Printer Offline,’ you can check if the network connection is working, or if the printer is turned on. These errors are bound to happen, especially if you want to print something urgently.
You can try to make some adjustments to the printer settings.
Here are some basic troubleshooting methods to bring back an offline Epson printer online.
- You have to make sure the Epson printer is powered on, and there are no sorts of errors being displayed in the printer control panel.
- See if the printer is getting the power it needs. The issue could also be due to power failure or low voltage. Wait for a couple of minutes and see if it works again.
- Check the Epson Printer LCD and see if there are other errors like Paper Jam error or Ink/Cartridge empty.
- If you are using a wired connection (USB), you need to check if the USB cable is firmly connected.
- If you are working with the Ethernet cable, make sure the ends of the cable are connected between the router and the Epson printer.
If the basic troubleshooting methods do not help in resolving the issue, follow the methods to bring the Epson printer online.
METHOD 1: SET THE PRINTER AS THE DEFAULT
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the Epson printer that appears to be offline.
- Do a right-click and select the Set as default printer option.
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- Click the System Preferences option.
- Select either the Print & Scan option or Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the Epson printer that is offline.
- Click the Print tab.
- At the bottom of the same window, click the Default Printer drop-down list.
- Select the Epson printer from the list.
METHOD 2: DELETE PRINT JOBS
- Open the Control Panel on your computer (Windows + R).
- Select the Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the Epson printer.
- Click on the Open queue button.
- Delete the pending print jobs in the list.
- Click the Apple icon.
- Select the System Preferences option.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners option.
- Click on the printer.
- Select the pending print jobs and click on the X button to delete them.
See to it that the Epson printer appears online.
METHOD 3: DISABLE THE USE PRINTER OFFLINE OPTION
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select the option Devices and Printers.
- You will see a list of printers.
- Do a right-click on the Epson printer.
- Select See what’s printing.
- Click the Printer tab.
- If you see a check next to the option Use Printer Offline, uncheck the option.
You will have brought the offline Epson printer online.
METHOD 4: RESTART PRINT SPOOLER SERVICE (WINDOWS)
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service.
- Do a right-click on the option and select the Restart option.
Work on the following methods, and you will no longer see the Epson printer going offline. If the How to Bring an Offline Epson Printer Online issue persists, please do not hesitate to click the Call button on this page. Our technical support team will assist you through the methods.