Fix: How To Chromebook says can’t connect to Epson printer
The Chromebook is not compatible with all printer models. So, if your Chromebook says that it cannot connect to your Epson printer, check whether your printer is compatible with the Chromebook. Once you have verified its compatibility, try the troubleshooting solutions listed on this page to fix your issue.
Check the fundamentals
- If you cannot connect your Epson printer to your Chromebook, check the following.
- Your Chromebook is up-to-date.
- Your Chromebook and the Epson printer are connected to the same network.
- You have loaded enough paper into the paper tray and the ink cartridges are properly installed on your printer.
- Your printer is not displaying any error codes. If it shows any error code, fix the issue with the proper solutions.
Check the connection
- If you have connected your Chromebook and the Epson printer using a USB cable, check whether the cable is firm enough at both ends.
- If you find any fault with the cable, replace it with a new one and check whether the issue is resolved.
- If you have connected your printer and the Chromebook over a network, check your Internet connection’s stability. If the connection is not stable, fix it in the first place.
- Now, check whether your problem is resolved.
Power cycle your printer
Whatever the issue is, a simple power cycle can fix it without much effort. To power cycle your Epson printer, follow the instructions provided below..
- Turn off your Epson printer.
- Disconnect the power cable from the Epson printer and your Chromebook.
- Leave your printer undisturbed for a minute.
- Now, reconnect the power cable between the printer and your Chromebook.
- Turn on your Epson printer and check whether your Chromebook can connect to it.
Update the printer driver
The printer driver is the one that establishes and ensures smooth communication between the Epson printer and your Chromebook. If it goes outdated, you will face connectivity problems.
- To update your Epson printer driver, go to Epson’s official website and enter your printer model.
- Select the updated driver that supports your OS and download it on your computer.
- Once the download gets concluded, install the driver on your Chromebook by following the on-screen instructions.
- After updating the printer driver, check whether you can connect your Chromebook to your Epson printer.
If you still cannot connect your Chromebook to your Epson printer, contact us for remote assistance from our experts in the tech team.