Fix: How To Connect Epson Printer To Laptop
If you want to connect your Epson printer to your laptop, you can do it using a USB cable or a wireless connection. You can connect your printer to the laptop without using any USB cable by using the wireless connection. Before connecting the printer to the laptop, you need to complete the hardware setup of your printer and make sure to download and install the printer’s software on your laptop. The following instructions will help you to connect your Epson printer to your laptop.
CONNECT USING USB CABLE:
- Make sure to download and install the respective printer software on your laptop by using the software installation CD that comes with your printer package.
- If you don’t have the software installation CD, go to your printer’s official support page and download the printer’s software on your laptop.
- After completing the download, open the printer’s software file to install it on your laptop.
- On the Start Setup screen, agree to the license agreement and click on the Next button.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to continue the installation process.
- On the Connecting your Printer page, choose the USB connection option and click on the Next button.
- Now, power on your printer.
- Connect the USB cable to the laptop and the other end to the Epson printer.
- After connecting the USB cable, the printer name and the port number will appear in the Setup Complete window.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions on your laptop to complete connecting your printer to the laptop.
CONNECT USING WI-FI:
- On your laptop, select the Start button from the main screen.
- Navigate to the Control Panel option and choose the Hardware and Sounds option from the menu.
- Now, select the Devices and Printers option from the list.
- Double-click on your Epson printer from the available devices and select the Setup option.
- Choose Wi-Fi settings > Wi-Fi setup.
- Now, the Wi-Fi setup wizard will appear on the screen.
- Select your network name from the list and enter your Wi-Fi password in the respective field.
- Click on the Connect option.
- Now, you can connect your Epson printer to your laptop using a wireless connection.